ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all been watching the Nassar trial

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
not trial..victim impact statement. He’s the women’s gymnastics doctor that sexually assualted and molested the athletes. They are on the 190th victim. It appears that Michigan St. Kept this guy around for a long after getting reports.

Worse than Penn State, if Sparty school officials knew about any of this and looked the other way.

Crazy how he would do his "pelvic floor therapy" in front of parents as he'a talking to them in regular conversation. The father of one of the girls killed himself after not believing her accusations for years, even forcing her to apologize to him.

Even worse is that MSU and US Gymnastics had heard of the abuse and still kept him employed. He was even on committees devoted to abuse awareness and policy.

Just saw that MSU is still billing a girl who was abused by him in the same treatments they are charging for. That's not a good look.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to put him and a terrible prison in the general population and let him experience what’s thats like for however long he survives.

Reactions: peezy28
Good stuff in what is really a sad thread. To the question at hand I haven't followed the victims speeches or the case much; however what I have seen leads me to think that a lot of people knew what was going on. By the way it is only murder if you get caught; otherwise it is a mysterious disappearance with no evidence.

Crazy how he would do his "pelvic floor therapy" in front of parents as he'a talking to them in regular conversation. The father of one of the girls killed himself after not believing her accusations for years, even forcing her to apologize to him.

Even worse is that MSU and US Gymnastics had heard of the abuse and still kept him employed. He was even on committees devoted to abuse awareness and policy.

Just saw that MSU is still billing a girl who was abused by him in the same treatments they are charging for. That's not a good look.

So what is “pelvic floor therapy”

Was he having sex with the victims or was he “digitally penetrating” all of them?

So what is “pelvic floor therapy”

Was he having sex with the victims or was he “digitally penetrating” all of them?
Its some kind of therapy that is apparently legit according to some, but rarely used, and especially not in the way he was doing it (without gloves, without a nurse present, in their hotel beds, etc). Supposedly a finger or 2 are inserted and pressure applied to the internal pelvic muscles to releive pain in the core muscles, lower back, etc.

I honestly never heard about it until now, but it is a real medical procedure. Sounds quacky and similar to hippy homeopathic remedies to me, as I think it's mostly physical therapists that do it and a small % at that. Apparently he was using this as a way to get his jollies at their expense.

Reactions: DanC78
Its some kind of therapy that is apparently legit according to some, but rarely used, and especially not in the way he was doing it (without gloves, without a nurse present, in their hotel beds, etc). Supposedly a finger or 2 are inserted and pressure applied to the internal pelvic muscles to releive pain in the core muscles, lower back, etc.
I honestly never heard about it until now, but it is a real medical procedure. Sounds quacky and similar to hippy homeopathic remedies to me, as I think it's mostly physical therapists that do it and a small % at that. Apparently he was using this as a way to get his jollies at their expense.

hysteria.jpg

Did anyone else find issue with how the judge acted? I don't want judges to act as if they are on reality tv.

I understand what you are saying, but the judge isn't handing down a $180 speeding ticket, she is doing her job and judge him to be a complete pile of excrement.

How this got so far is beyond my comprehension. Anyone who even had a sniff of what was happening, and chose not to do anything, or follow up, or continue to let their daughter be seen by this scum, should be held accountable. You do not hurt children!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are saying, but the judge isn't handing down a $180 speeding ticket, she is doing her job and judge him to be a complete pile of excrement.

How this got so far is beyond my comprehension. Anyone who even had a sniff of what was happening, and chose not to do anything, or follow up, or continue to let their daughter be seen by this scum, should be held accountable. You do not hurt children!

My statement has nothing to do with him. I want him to get everything coming to him.

As for the judge, I want her to hand down the judgement without becoming a sideshow. She acted like she was on Big Brother. She needs to do her job with some professionalism. It literally came off like reality tv.

My statement has nothing to do with him. I want him to get everything coming to him.

As for the judge, I want her to hand down the judgement without becoming a sideshow. She acted like she was on Big Brother. She needs to do her job with some professionalism. It literally came off like reality tv.
I agree that "I just signed your death warrant!" was only missing "BOOM!!!" and her throwing down the "X" sign.

I'm now hoping that the coach - John Geddert - who sounds like an absolutely evil human being, and was absolutely complicit in creating the environment in which Nasser could abuse these girls, gets everything that should be coming to him.

So you are saying just act as professional as your job and title dictate? Interesting theory.

Reactions: Phinhead
Did anyone else find issue with how the judge acted? I don't want judges to act as if they are on reality tv.

I agree. Hand down the sentence and send him to the pit of misery!

Now she will be on Good Morning America, writing a book, etc.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
The judge's behavior is pretty consistent with what I have seen in my very brief attendance in criminal courts. It can be quite a circus in there.

Reactions: Manch.
My daughter did non-competitive gymnastics for a couple years and I always got a strange vibe around the gym. The moms are mostly psychos, the girls look miserable and the instructors look like pervs. And there's a ton of physical contact.

Her best friend was in competitive and she'd train for hours each day after school and more on the weekends. They'd tell her it's what you need to do if you want to "make it," and by the way, don't get fat. Nice message for 10-11 year olds.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the parents looked the other way.

My daughter did non-competitive gymnastics for a couple years and I always got a strange vibe around the gym. The moms are mostly psychos, the girls look miserable and the instructors look like pervs. And there's a ton of physical contact.

Her best friend was in competitive and she'd train for hours each day after school and more on the weekends. They'd tell her it's what you need to do if you want to "make it," and by the way, don't get fat. Nice message for 10-11 year olds.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the parents looked the other way.

Throw Cheer moms into this category. My daughters best friend father died in his sleep and my daughter was at the house for a sleep sleep over. Mom not legally in the picture so the friend lived with us for a year until she moved in with older siblings who had kids in Birmingham. Anyways I was there on business and decided to take her out to dinner. She was always into cheering and pretty good at it; the school she attended didn't have a good cheer program and had already had try-outs, so she joined a local cheer club. Took her to cheer practice and stayed to watch before dinner; the only dude in a crowd full of cheer moms. Very odd culture and almost cult like.

I did not follow as close only to know he is a sicko and screwed and I hope they put him in Gen Pop but what the hell was he doing in his "pelvic floor therapy" that it could be so discrete the parents would not even know... Weird as hell.

In the context of the long term mental recovery of the victims, I question the wisdom of televising the victim statements. Seems like that could have been accomplished without TV cameras.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Haven't been watching much, only a bit to hear that it has been ongoing for a while. Definitely didn't realize how much MSU seems to be negligent, in addition to USGymnastics. And the freaking victim list, wow.

Do we have a new low level for how bad a person is? Sandusky used to be the bottom, has this shifted the scale?

And what the hell is up with the trustee so casually brushing off "the Nassar thing" ?

She's a politician, did you expect any decorum from her?

She's a politician, did you expect any decorum from her?

This. Judges in Michigan — like Florida — are elected officials. Don’t be naive: they pander to the electorate in order to keep their jobs. Many of them are excellent judges (in addition to the pandering), but I am quite sure this lady was very cognizant that her dramatic comments would be helpful to her in her next campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT