ADVERTISEMENT

Your Local Gas Prices

Random_John

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2007
What is the price per Gallon where you are? I saw some places here in Tallahassee up to $4.15 a gallon. Seems it is going to keep going up for a while as long as Russia keeps doing what they are doing.

On Monday, Florida average prices went higher than the average in 2008. Tuesday we have gone higher.

Florida Gas Prices

Costco here is 3.69. Prices range from 3.64 (Sams) to 3.99 here.

Also, couldn't figure out why my Gas Buddy app wouldn't work. Just heard on the radio that it is crashing because of all the use looking for cheaper gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Random_John
I heard Tallahassee went up 20 cents overnight. The Shell here in NC was $4.00 when I filled up on Sunday, but I haven't seen today's prices.

They were at $3.59 a week ago. They went up to $3.79 on Friday, then to $3.99 on Sunday, and now they are at $4.19

Costco here is 3.69. Prices range from 3.64 (Sams) to 3.99 here.

Also, couldn't figure out why my Gas Buddy app wouldn't work. Just heard on the radio that it is crashing because of all the use looking for cheaper gas.
Same thing happened to my wife yesterday. Gas buddy is getting slammed.

Looking at Crude Price per barrel, it looks like it is back down to $120 a barrel. Let us hope that downward trend continues because, by golly, these prices suck.

Time to break out the oooooooold car

giphy.gif

I paid ONLY $3.73 / gal at Sam's here in Tallahassee on Monday. It took 30 minutes at 10:30 in the morning.

Might need to find some roller skates and some disco cassettes for my Walkman! 😁

Reactions: goldmom
Heard they think prices will peak at 4.50 average nationally in May but stay high through November. I guess the oil companies want their cut too.

Anxiously awaiting our Porsche Taycan that is still sitting at the port in Emden, Germany…due to arrive in Jax on April 11th….it’ll feel good to drive past the gas stations…but we’ll still feel the pinch..err…punch of these rising fuel prices in spite of not personally paying for fuel ever again.

Anxiously awaiting our Porsche Taycan that is still sitting at the port in Emden, Germany…due to arrive in Jax on April 11th….it’ll feel good to drive past the gas stations…but we’ll still feel the pinch..err…punch of these rising fuel prices in spite of not personally paying for fuel ever again.
You will be paying for fuel, just not gasoline. ;)

Heard they think prices will peak at 4.50 average nationally in May but stay high through November. I guess the oil companies want their cut too.
Today, in East Tennessee, gas is 4.50 - 4.95 a gallon for 97 octane depending where you fill up. All my vehicles take High Test.

Years of below replacement value oil has caught up to us. Demand started to rise about 6 months ago. The capital required to increase production was sucked out of the system when a barrel of oil was under $60 for years. Oil companies shelved billions of barrels of already discovered conventional oil, because the price we were paying didn't support spending the capital to extract it. It takes years to get production flowing. Shale oil was a ponzi scheme by the owners, upper management and Wall Street to extract $$$$ from investors. Until Wall Street opens its credit facilities again (not likely as interest rates increase), there will be no increase in the Shale fields. Shale oil selling oil at below costs for close to a decade is what caused all this. We should have been paying $3.50 for a while now. This was always going to happen, just the Russian/Ukraine war accelerated it.

Reactions: 89nole
Years of below replacement value oil has caught up to us. Demand started to rise about 6 months ago. The capital required to increase production was sucked out of the system when a barrel of oil was under $60 for years. Oil companies shelved billions of barrels of already discovered conventional oil, because the price we were paying didn't support spending the capital to extract it. It takes years to get production flowing. Shale oil was a ponzi scheme by the owners, upper management and Wall Street to extract $$$$ from investors. Until Wall Street opens its credit facilities again (not likely as interest rates increase), there will be no increase in the Shale fields. Shale oil selling oil at below costs for close to a decade is what caused all this. We should have been paying $3.50 for a while now. This was always going to happen, just the Russian/Ukraine war accelerated it.
Funny that as soon as it was announced that isnt the time to gouge the consumer prices jumped another .20 a gallon. The oil companies are going to get their share now as well. This will continue until the price gets high enough to slow demand. The question is what that number will be.

I sat at a stop light yesterday and watched the signs on 3 stations go from 4.19 to 4.39. Then they were 4.29 when I came home. I get supply and demand but you cant tell me these places arent just seeing what they can get and leaving it at that.

I’ve not made a lot of smart car decisions. However, I did buy a Sonata hybrid last September. Gets 45mpg city and of 50mpg hwy. That said it still cost north of $50 to fill up. Luckily, I don’t have to fill up that often.

I’ve not made a lot of smart car decisions. However, I did buy a Sonata hybrid last September. Gets 45mpg city and of 50mpg hwy. That said it still cost north of $50 to fill up. Luckily, I don’t have to fill up that often.
Thought about trading in my Infiniti. But, I only have a year left to pay. I may just tough it out to avoid having a car payment after next year.

Reactions: GbrNole and Dhersh
mostly seeing 4.39 today. still less than half of the prices being seen in England so there's always that...

2.18 litre works out to be the equivalent of $10.80 for a US gallon.

What is the price per Gallon where you are? I saw some places here in Tallahassee up to $4.15 a gallon. Seems it is going to keep going up for a while as long as Russia keeps doing what they are doing.

On Monday, Florida average prices went higher than the average in 2008. Tuesday we have gone higher.

Florida Gas Prices
We’re out in northern NV. Prices here are $5/ga, give or take a penny or two

Florida Gas Prices
$4.29 here in Roswell Ga. Seems like every news event drives it higher. Talked to a trucker who just paid over $1,000 to fill up. That's insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT