ADVERTISEMENT

I fried some andouille to render fat for sautéing the aromatics before adding the tomatoes and okra. That link got diced and added to the pot, and two more were grilled for lunch.
That sounds like a major improvement over the okra & tomatoes alone.
The UGA/UF game was anticlimactic so I went to Harris Teeter to buy several porterhouses (1/2 off sale), grilled them up and paired with roasted red bliss potatoes with sour cream, broccoli with cheddar and a salad.

We are so damn blessed (and spoiled) to live the lives we live.

The UGA/UF game was anticlimactic so I went to Harris Teeter to buy several porterhouses (1/2 off sale), grilled them up and paired with roasted red bliss potatoes with sour cream, broccoli with cheddar and a salad.

Gators are delusional over on Gator country. They're saying that it wasn't a blowout because they scored 20 points against georgia. They scored only one point less than the team that put up the most points against Georgia which I think was University of Alabama Birmingham

I quit watching after Georgia went up 36 to 7. They thoroughly dominated that game except for the first drive. I assume the additional 13 points Florida score was garbage time. And likely second string georgia.

How many are you feeding?

#lowkeyawardwinner
Kind of hard for me to tone down my hatred for the Sht canes...
as for the acc, sorry, tried for years to wave the conference flag but among other things, the officiating, and especially the money, turned me into anti-acc poster.

My therapist advised getting on the Osceola and venting as part of my treatment... He said I would get the "empathy" I need. But, just don't feel the love around here... damn that Maslow, huh?

He never factored in beating the shitcanes and the turds in his hierarchy....

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777

Thats a perfect meal if the salad has blue cheese and maybe some blue cheese compound butter for the steak. Even better for the steak is if you can find some real stinky roquefort, that flavor with the charred steak is unbeatable.

Reactions: goldmom and F4Gary
The ACC released its first slate of games with the northern California teams. Berkeley going to Tallahassee and the U coming to Berkeley are the highlights for me, but it’s going to be incredibly entertaining seeing Louisville, VT, and SMU play at Stanford. The culture clash is going to be wild.
Cant imagine those schools will have large traveling contingents to those games.

Traveling?! Stanford and Berkeley are already typically outnumbered at their home games. I picked up tickets for the UCLA game at Stanford on the 50, in the shade, ten rows from the field for $18 this year, and there was a better UCLA crowd (hardly an enthusiastic fanbase) at that game than I have seen dozens of times at the Rose Bowl. Berkeley is even worse, being among the smallest average attendance in the nation.
Should be like a Miami game because I don't see a lot of Louisville and VT fans caravanning out to Berkeley or Palo Alto. But who knows maybe they will. I've been to games in Blacksburg and it's a culture shock even for me.

When the home teams put barely 10K people in the seats, just the local transplants can make for a good visiting team contingent.

Stanford, in particular, is amusing. People who are not affiliated with the visiting team just wear whatever red or black sweater that they have. I have seen multiple Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard, etc. hoodies. Last week, I even spotted Haverford and Claremont McKenna sweaters. The weirdest one that I have seen so far was an Oxford hoodie in red and black. Of course, I contribute to this phenomenon by wearing FSU sweaters/ties to their games.

I have already been chatting with my local Louisville and VT friends about planning for the games. I also have some Michigan and Wisconsin friends and family who are excited about these games.
Michigan will bring a large contingent; probably Wisky as well.

Reactions: goldmom
When the home teams put barely 10K people in the seats, just the local transplants can make for a good visiting team contingent.

Stanford, in particular, is amusing. People who are not affiliated with the visiting team just wear whatever red or black sweater that they have. I have seen multiple Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard, etc. hoodies. Last week, I even spotted Haverford and Claremont McKenna sweaters. The weirdest one that I have seen so far was an Oxford hoodie in red and black. Of course, I contribute to this phenomenon by wearing FSU sweaters/ties to their games.

I have already been chatting with my local Louisville and VT friends about planning for the games. I also have some Michigan and Wisconsin friends and family who are excited about these games.
So I guess you moved from LA to the bay area? Are you working for a University or hospital there? Just curious.

How much you wanna bet they'll move Washington past us, or they'll take a 1 loss Bama over us, because, you know, it just means more.
I expect Washington to jump us this week. Offense counts more than defense. They should have a rematch with Oregon in the Pac 12 chairmanship. Bama and Georgia are looking at a showdown in the SEC championship game so we'll either bury a two loss Alabama or make it interesting with a one loss Georgia.

FSU just has to win out.

Reactions: seminoleed
I think we stay at 4 only because Washington will get in eventually with Ohio St and Michigan playing. Bama will jump up to 6 though just so they can keep them close to the top 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: F4Gary
400114672_10230793513929633_7295824327627179282_n.jpg

FMFFM !!!!!!!
There I feel mo better now.

Back to the okra, small works best
Slice it
fry it
place it in a hot iron skillet
cover it with your cornbread batter
bake at 400*
get you a big bowl of lima beans with hotsauce. ENJOY
You can thank me later

FMFFM !!!!!!!
There I feel mo better now.

Back to the okra, small works best
Slice it
fry it
place it in a hot iron skillet
cover it with your cornbread batter
bake at 400*
get you a big bowl of lima beans with hotsauce. ENJOY
You can thank me later

Sounded great, until I saw the words "Lima beans." Those things are gross and make me hurl just to look at them. Been that way since I was a wee one.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
We, of course, called them "butter beans" growing up, and I have always loved them, especially the little ones in Brunswick stew.

Where I grew up, the green ones were LIma beans; there were also brown speckled butter beans, which I freely admit may have tasted just like the Limas, but I could the brown ones. It may just be the color, I dunno. Most vegetables i love, even green ones, but this is one bridge I won't cross.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT