ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

Surprised that Kranitz did not come out during that inning but maybe that is for the best.

Martin has been awful of late … not sure why Snitker keeps trotting him out there.

Reactions: WRWnole85
Not a good night. Really needed to win but pitching was not good at all. Shades of last year. Need to win this in the ATL. Go Braves!!

I'll try to be positive here...

1) At least this year, game 6 (and 7 if necessary) are at Truist. 2) We'll have Anderson & Morton (if needed) rested and ready to go. Just get 'er done!!

Reactions: jgking83
They’re sitting on his fastball and he isn’t throwing it well, those two things cannot coexist.
Yep, shades of Jackson from game 3. Max's fastball was flat with no movement. d'Arnaud had to notice this too. Why didn't he go out to the mound? A pitcher can't serve up meatballs to this Dodger lineup.

Scherzer, Kershaw, Kelly, Muncie, Turner are all out ... the Braves don't deserve to be in the World Series if they somehow lose the NLCS.
We are pitching Ian Anderson. I'm not exactly a ball of confidence at the moment.

Camargo is now 0-20 this year. Is this the best the Braves can do for a pinch hitter? … OTH Snitker made a great move pinch hitting Adrianza for Anderson.

Has given up another double and a run … he’s been terrible against LA. He has single handedly allowed LA back in every game he’s pitched.

Luke Jackson. Ugh. The reason we lost game three. Could end up blowing this one. Never pitch him in this series again!

Jackson had been good down the stretch but it was apparent after one batter he didn’t have it, don’t know why he didn’t go Matzek.

Only guess is that pitcher spot comes up next inning and Snit wanted Matzek for top of dodgers order in the 8th

Matzek with 3 straight Strike outs! If we win, he is the MVP of the game. What a pinch he got us out of!

Braves are going to the World Series and all TBS can talk about is how LA messed this up and what is going to happen to them going forward. Just brings down the mood.

Braves are going to the World Series and all TBS can talk about is how LA messed this up and what is going to happen to them going forward. Just brings down the mood.
Not for me! We're playing for it all starting Tuesday in Houston. Let's go!

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Not for me! We're playing for it all starting Tuesday in Houston. Let's go!
They have started talking about the Braves now and haven't stopped. I guess I jumped the gun in my post. My mood is still high! My apologies for bringing the mood down here.

I was at the Braves game last night when they clinched the series! What an amazing experience that was. It was the loudest baseball game I've ever been to.
I heard the seats stayed full the whole game and pretty quick trips to the concession instead of lines galore. I’m glad we showed LA what a true fan base looks like😊

Grading some of AA’s midseason additions:

Duvall … B, a solid addition to the lineup … another big bat

Pederson … B, had some big hits and was a stable substitute in the outfield

Soler … B+, not a very notable start but he improved considerably as the season progressed… he may well prove a major addition in the WS with a dh at play

Rosario …A, wow! What a NLCS series! His .560 BA was the third highest in NLCS history. We had to wait a while after he was signed, but it was well worth the wait.

Grading some of AA’s midseason additions:

Duvall … B, a solid addition to the lineup … another big bat

Pederson … B, had some big hits and was a stable substitute in the outfield

Soler … B+, not a very notable start but he improved considerably as the season progressed… he may well prove a major addition in the WS with a dh at play

Rosario …A, wow! What a NLCS series! His .560 BA was the third highest in NLCS history. We had to wait a while after he was signed, but it was well worth the wait.
Duvall loves beating up on Miami which makes me happy. I can’t help but relate them with scUM. He was worth it just for that alone!

I heard the seats stayed full the whole game and pretty quick trips to the concession instead of lines galore. I’m glad we showed LA what a true fan base looks like😊
After the 3rd inning I made a trip to the restroom and glad I got there quickly. The line was so long waiting to get in I asked someone if it was "halftime?"

The seats were packed until the very end. A few of the Dodgers fans in my area made an early exit is all.

When Rosario hit that HR down the line, WOW. It was incredible inside the stadium. We had a great view right down the RF line from behind home plate (albeit from the nose-bleed seats).

Anderson is capable ... if he can find his way through the first inning.
Can't stop hearing these lyrics (with some modifications :^) - as well as that thundering melody) in my head when I heard Ian's name throughout last night's broadcast. Truly a joy to watch the big blue run off the rails:

In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath
Runs the Tinsel-town losers
Headlong to their end,

Oh, they feel the piston scraping
Steam breaking on their brow
Old Rosario stole the handle
And the train it won't stop
Oh no way to slow down...

Houston - you have a problem...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT