ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Light VP Takes “”Leave of Absence”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it best that all parties back away from making what some MIGHT interpret as intentionally provocative statements.
That way we can avoid the daily infernos.
Just an observation of course.
Kinda funny that the self-admitted bait mom, who also coincidentally Liked Lizard’s gross Soros lie, would pipe in with that, right?

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
I think it best that all parties back away from making what some MIGHT interpret as intentionally provocative statements.
That way we can avoid the daily infernos.
Just an observation of course.
Would you prefer crickets?? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
Kinda funny that the self-admitted bait mom, who also coincidentally Liked Lizard’s gross Soros lie, would pipe in with that, right?
There were a couple of weeks where you and some other poster weren’t active on here and the climate completely changed. The personal attacks virtually disappeared. I understand you are passionate but at some point you might want to ask yourself if it is worth getting to the boiling point you commonly reach if it is worth it. It’s hard to watch you constantly lash out over virtually any topic.

As a descendant of holocaust survivors, I can tell you that plenty of Jews did reprehensible things to keep themselves alive. I am not defending him in anyway, just making a statement.
Yes they did. I'm not judging one way or another just stating what the article said about him. However, I also think in the same regard that any opposition to Soros isn't automatically ant Semitism. It could be but its not always the case.

I did. I wonder if posts calling me a liar will receive the same treatment. 🤔
Are you 12?
You posted an egregious and obviously highly offensive lie about Soros and kept doubling down rather than anything approaching “oops my bad, let me correct that.”
Calling you a liar is 100% factual.
There is ZERO basis for you to call anybody on here Adolf.

There were a couple of weeks where you and some other poster weren’t active on here and the climate completely changed. The personal attacks virtually disappeared. I understand you are passionate but at some point you might want to ask yourself if it is worth getting to the boiling point you commonly reach if it is worth it. It’s hard to watch you constantly lash out over virtually any topic.
Thanks for your concern. I’m one of the few on here willing to combat the really gross bigotry that is gleefully tossed around on here routinely in multiple threads and applauded. I’m not gonna pretend that the bile I push back on is all harmless good fun.
Nor that the folks who repeatedly spew it, and who can dish it out without any regard for basic human decency, deserve more tender treatment and respect for their “equally valid opinions”.
But you do you.

Cover for gross lies that promulgate anti-Semitism (which conveniently doesn’t directly impact you and your family), all you want. It’s not surprising.

There’s a HUGE gap between what George Soros actually did to stay alive, while he and his family also assisted other Jews, and helping the Nazis hunt down Jews.
Not all “hyperbole” is equally dismissible.
Again your making assumptions of which you have no basis for. You know nothing about me or my heritage or culture and its best it stays that way. Lets just say you have no idea what your talking about.

How is that cover for anything? I cited the same article that you did from Newsweek that states what he did.

I had hoped after your vacation you would come back less volatile and able to have a adult discussion but I guess not.

Reactions: F4Gary
Thanks for your concern. I’m one of the few on here willing to combat the really gross bigotry that is gleefully tossed around on here routinely in multiple threads and applauded. I’m not gonna pretend that the bile I push back on is all harmless good fun.
Nor that the folks who repeatedly spew it, and who can dish it out without any regard for basic human decency, deserve more tender treatment and respect for their “equally valid opinions”.
But you do you.
Fair enough. But at some point you have to ask yourself if it is worth it. We live in a world of polar opposites and disagreements are constant. How we disagree is where are issues are since there have always been contrasting opinions. It’s nice to come on here and read threads where people aren’t trying to choke each other out.
And to be clear I have been a huge offender and had to work at civil discourse as there was a time I really enjoyed mixing it up on here. But it just made me angry. There was never an endgame. So I had to change some things on how I interacted on here. OK, I just fell off my pulpit so back to regularly scheduled programming.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Are you 12?
You posted an egregious and obviously highly offensive lie about Soros and kept doubling down rather than anything approaching “oops my bad, let me correct that.”
Calling you a liar is 100% factual.
There is ZERO basis for you to call anybody on here Adolf.
Why is it so offensive to you that something was said about Soros? Why care what someone thinks or says about another? Is your skin that thin or are you just looking for something to be triggered about. Did I use the word correctly there?

Why is it so offensive to you that something was said about Soros? Why care what someone thinks or says about another? Is your skin that thin or are you just looking for something to be triggered about. Did I use the word correctly there?
It’s really unfortunate that you can’t figure out on your own how people promulgating lies that feed rising anti-Semitism could possibly impact a Jew, and one who also happens to be the son/grandson of Holocaust survivors.

Reactions: BrianNole777
It’s really unfortunate that you can’t figure out on your own how people promulgating lies that feed rising anti-Semitism could possibly impact a Jew, and one who also happens to be the son/grandson of Holocaust survivors.
I can figure it out just fine so save the snark. My question is why let it bother you?

My grandfather told me when I was young:

“He who takes offense when offense was not intended is a fool, yet he who takes offense when offense is intended is an even greater fool for he has succumbed to the will of his adversary.”

Most say this came from Brigham Young but may say it was Confucius. Either way the point is once you let people get in your head you lost. The other point to that is that people are not always trying to offend but offering an opinion or their version of things. Getting mad just closes off the discussion and isn't really effective communication. But surely you understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT