ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Light VP Takes “”Leave of Absence”

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I let my good friend whose daughter has identified and dressed as male for years now (including 10s of thousands spent on counseling to deal with the social trauma exacerbated by your brand of close-minded dehumanization) and a family member with a daughter in similar situation (but more fluid) that whenever their kids express themselves as a male rather than a female, it’s an “insult” to men and they should be mocked and dismissed as girls “pretending” to be boys?

Or are you only so judgmental and dismissive of other people’s gender expression when it’s shown on TV?
I don't really get what the question is. But like I said its a guy.

And yes to me they would be girls pretending to be boys.

You and I have different views on this subject and others and I can respect that. I also don't want you to change your mind. Your free to think however you want.

I just don’t get it. But I don’t live in that world and I’m thankful my kids were able to grow up in a neighborhood/school that afforded them the ability to be around people of every background.

Why would it be related to the former POTUS? His daughter and his grandchildren are practicing Jews and he’s certainly not estranged from them.
Here’s some of the reasoning, pro & con the stance that DJT contributed to the rise in anti-Semitic rhetoric and actions (which isn’t simply cancelled out by whom his daughter chose to marry and whether or not he accepts and respects Jews in his family)…

Reactions: BrianNole777
I just don’t get it. But I don’t live in that world and I’m thankful my kids were able to grow up in a neighborhood/school that afforded them the ability to be around people of every background.

Why would it be related to the former POTUS? His daughter and his grandchildren are practicing Jews and he’s certainly not estranged from them.
That's what I mean. His daughter and grandchildren are practicing so in the mind of anti Trump folks does that make it ok?

I can only hope that the people who take such cruel, dehumanizing stances on issues of gender get the opportunity to know and love some transgender people. That seems to be the only way that people will develop the empathy and understanding that leads to more humane and prosocial perspectives.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
I have been a health care provider for almost 24 in the same location. Last week one of my long time patients (over 20 years) told the desk that they didn't want to see me anymore because ours "views didn't align". When they asked her what she talking about, she told them it was because I was Jewish. Politically we align perfectly.

In my 54 years on this planet, I had never been a victim of anti-semitism. In the past year, I have had 4 incidents just at work. It isn't like I just became Jewish overnight but also religion isn't a part of my routine exams either. It is a sad time in America.

You should have asked her how she's going to find a decent hospital/doctors office in south FLA without any Jewish doctors or staff. :)

I can only hope that the people who take such cruel, dehumanizing stances on issues of gender get the opportunity to know and love some transgender people. That seems to be the only way that people will develop the empathy and understanding that leads to more humane and prosocial perspectives.
Please tell me what is so cruel and dehumanizing about calling a guy a guy or a girl a girl.

No. Nothing good comes from engaging you on this topic.
Goodbye GIF

Or Rashid Talib??
Hopefully most folks with functioning brains understand that no societal blight, whether it's anti-Semitism or gun violence or anything else, has some simplistic binary either/or cause nor solution.

Also, it should be pretty obvious that when it comes to the promotion of prejudice, there isn't just one contributor to ramping that up or tamping it down, and different people have drastically different sized megaphones, pulpits and influence.

Do you wear a Star of David ring on your special finger?
Not my special finger. I wouldn't want to lose it!

I do have a Hamsa that I wear most of the time, a star of David on a bracelet as well as my last name. I probably say some Yiddish words and phrases as well. I certainly don't hide it.

Last edited:
Anti Semitic behavior seems to be more acceptable these days. Do you think its related to Trump?
I can't say it is Trump's fault for what is happening. I can say that when he took office, he never denounced ANY horrible behavior. Always had something "nice" to say about both sides. Did I agree with that? Absolutely not. But when behavior is allowed to continue without any consequences, it will continue to snowball.

If you don't tell your child that something is not acceptable, they will continue to do it. Now, do adults really need to be told that hate towards any one race/religion/group is wrong? They should know that already. But when the most powerful man in the world says there are good people on both sides (after Charlottesville), refuses to denounce white supremacy during his debate or that if the Pittsburg synagogue had an armed guard the massacre would not have happened instead of denouncing the behavior....who knows? Maybe the white supremacists, racists, and ant-semitics would have stayed in their hole, where they belong.

I can't say it is Trump's fault for what is happening. I can say that when he took office, he never denounced ANY horrible behavior. Always had something "nice" to say about both sides. Did I agree with that? Absolutely not. But when behavior is allowed to continue without any consequences, it will continue to snowball.

If you don't tell your child that something is not acceptable, they will continue to do it. Now, do adults really need to be told that hate towards any one race/religion/group is wrong? They should know that already. But when the most powerful man in the world says there are good people on both sides (after Charlottesville), refuses to denounce white supremacy during his debate or that if the Pittsburg synagogue had an armed guard the massacre would not have happened instead of denouncing the behavior....who knows? Maybe the white supremacists, racists, and ant-semitics would have stayed in their hole, where they belong.
True. There's idiots around no matter what but they do seem to be encouraged by leaders behavior. I even see where certain people in congress (Ohmar and Talib) seem to think the rhetoric is somehow ok as well. Trump never discouraged any behaviors which was wrong but now I think he could be fueling it by having Jewish family members. Messaging isnt one of his strong suits.

True. There's idiots around no matter what but they do seem to be encouraged by leaders behavior. I even see where certain people in congress (Ohmar and Talib) seem to think the rhetoric is somehow ok as well. Trump never discouraged any behaviors which was wrong but now I think he could be fueling it by having Jewish family members. Messaging isnt one of his strong suits.
He also used anti-Semitic language in his post in truth social when he was indicted. He twice said it was George Soros funded AGs who charged him. Using George Soros as a scapegoat has been part of the anti-Semitic rhetoric for years.

He also used anti-Semitic language in his post in truth social when he was indicted. He twice said it was George Soros funded AGs who charged him. Using George Soros as a scapegoat has been part of the anti-Semitic rhetoric for years.
What did he say? I don't do the truth social thing. I have read that Trump isn't a fan of Soros but I don't think he's alone in that stance either.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
What did he say? I don't do the truth social thing. I have read that Trump isn't a fan of Soros but I don't think he's alone in that stance either.
Soros forfeited his Semitism in my mind when he helped the Nazis hunt down Jews.

Reactions: goldmom
Think what you will but IMO Soros is not the best poster child as a victim of anti-Semitism.
And synagogues- any house of worship for that matter - have always been free to employ an off duty LEO. In fact the Catholic Church and it’s next door neighbor the Baptist Church down the road from me both use off duty officers to direct traffic. They’re free to join the congregation and stand or sit by the exit once the services start. I’m not a Trump supporter but this has always been the case.

Reactions: MagNoleA
Not all references to Soros are tinged with anti-Semitism, but to pretend that much of the Soros as boogeyman rhetoric isn’t anti-Semitic is either lacking in awareness, misinformed or willful denial.

Soros forfeited his Semitism in my mind when he helped the Nazis hunt down Jews.
It’s pretty sick that you’d spread totally false propaganda like that. And not surprising that it immediately drew approval from people more invested in their prejudices than in the truth.
Soros has admitted that as a 14 yr old trying to avoid being carted away, he witnessed Jews having their property confiscated by Nazis.

Please provide any reputable evidence whatsoever that George Soros “helped the Nazis hunt down Jews”, as you definitively claim.

• Love
It’s pretty sick that you’d spread totally false propaganda like that. And not surprising that it immediately drew approval from people more invested in their prejudices than in the truth.
Soros has admitted that as a 14 yr old trying to avoid being carted away, he witnessed Jews having their property confiscated by Nazis.

Please provide any reputable evidence whatsoever that George Soros “helped the Nazis hunt down Jews”, as you definitively claim.

• Love

As with anything the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Hunt down Jews is probably over the top but he didn't exactly ride out the war in hiding either. Even in the attached article states:

"During that time, Soros accompanied Baumbach as he took inventory of a wealthy Jewish aristocrat, Mor Kornfeld. The book says that Soros was not involved in the confiscation of property: "Baumbach was ordered to go to the Kornfeld estate and inventory the artworks, furnishings, and other property. Rather than leave his 'godson' behind in Budapest for three days, he took the boy with him.

"As Baumbach itemized the material, George walked around the grounds and spent time with Kornfeld's staff. It was his first visit to such a mansion, and the first time he rode a horse. He collaborated with no one and he paid attention to what he understood to be his primary responsibility: making sure that no one doubted that he was Sandor Kiss."

Newsweek found no evidence to the contrary regarding the explanation in Soros' biography.

Further, during a 1998 interview on 60 Minutes (referenced by Melissa Tate), Soros confirmed that he went on this encounter with a "protector" who had sworn that Soros was his adopted godson.

"Whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator. The property was being taken away, so I had no role in taking away that property..." he said."

He said Stephen Bragg was hand picked and funded by George Soros. The anti defamation league and the american jewish committee both agree that when Soros is used as a symbol for Jewish control, wealth and power, it is Anti semetic.

Yes I’ve seen that and read plenty about Soros.
Where have you seen any indication that George Soros “helped the Nazis hunt down Jews” as you falsely claim?
I find it interesting that you're defending a reprehensible "human being" who brags about toppling nations' economies. Soros should be tried for crimes against humanity.

As with anything the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Hunt down Jews is probably over the top but he didn't exactly ride out the war in hiding either. Even in the attached article states:

"During that time, Soros accompanied Baumbach as he took inventory of a wealthy Jewish aristocrat, Mor Kornfeld. The book says that Soros was not involved in the confiscation of property: "Baumbach was ordered to go to the Kornfeld estate and inventory the artworks, furnishings, and other property. Rather than leave his 'godson' behind in Budapest for three days, he took the boy with him.

"As Baumbach itemized the material, George walked around the grounds and spent time with Kornfeld's staff. It was his first visit to such a mansion, and the first time he rode a horse. He collaborated with no one and he paid attention to what he understood to be his primary responsibility: making sure that no one doubted that he was Sandor Kiss."

Newsweek found no evidence to the contrary regarding the explanation in Soros' biography.

Further, during a 1998 interview on 60 Minutes (referenced by Melissa Tate), Soros confirmed that he went on this encounter with a "protector" who had sworn that Soros was his adopted godson.

"Whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator. The property was being taken away, so I had no role in taking away that property..." he said."

Cover for gross lies that promulgate anti-Semitism (which conveniently doesn’t directly impact you and your family), all you want. It’s not surprising.

There’s a HUGE gap between what George Soros actually did to stay alive, while he and his family also assisted other Jews, and helping the Nazis hunt down Jews.
Not all “hyperbole” is equally dismissible.

As a descendant of holocaust survivors, I can tell you that plenty of Jews did reprehensible things to keep themselves alive. I am not defending him in anyway, just making a statement.

Today I've learned that hyperbole is a "lie" only when it's done by someone whose opinion differs.

• Haha
I hope you are permabanned.
Even if my mom and grandparents weren’t Holocaust escapees, which they were (other family members were killed), that would still be far beyond the pale.
I think it best that all parties back away from making what some MIGHT interpret as intentionally provocative statements.
That way we can avoid the daily infernos.
Just an observation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT