ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Light VP Takes “”Leave of Absence”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeesh...I vote we take it down a notch fellers...it’s a beautiful day and I am just exhaling and enjoying life. Doesn’t that sound like a plan?
Truthfully, I find it hilarious.... no ill will on my part, just pointing out a very unusual contradiction.

Reactions: CHAMLER and goldmom
More than a bit peculiar... you accuse me of stalking you, call me Hannibal, tell me to go away but then continually respond to my posts which are sent to other posters.... pure comedy. Its ok, I don't take offense because I know your commentary is part of your prodigious level of tolerance and empathy you have for mankind. LMFAO
GO NOLES!!
Your old friend
Noletaire
Yikes. Even for you. Major yikes.

Yeeesh...I vote we take it down a notch fellers...it’s a beautiful day and I am just exhaling and enjoying life. Doesn’t that sound like a plan?
In laws are in town and we are having a bbq with about 50 of us later. All kinds of political ideologies. But we never talk about it. It is kind of unspoken. I really like it that way.

Mutual understanding, greater insight into each other’s perspectives and personalities, introspection and self-development, constructive dialogue toward compromise and shared solutions. A lot good can come from talking to people about their views.
One wonders if family members aren’t actually aware of that already; and if there are indeed differences there’s enough mutual respect among them to understand that the gathering is about enjoying each other’s company in a positive way and without easily avoidable tensions.

I do not think that sharing ideas and perspectives and collaboratively developing an understanding of different points of view requires tension. In my family, a lot of the fun of gathering is sharing and learning about our differing experiences and views on various topics.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I do not think that sharing ideas and perspectives and collaboratively developing an understanding of different points of view requires tension. In my family, a lot of the fun of gathering is sharing and learning about our differing experiences and views on various topics.
I'm glad you and your family can do that without it turning ugly. Unfortunately, I believe your experience is in the minority. Tribalism is so pervasive now, people, even family, will protect their viewpoints often at the expense of others. Just look at this thread for an example.

I'm glad you and your family can do that without it turning ugly. Unfortunately, I believe your experience is in the minority. Tribalism is so pervasive now, people, even family, will protect their viewpoints often at the expense of others. Just look at this thread for an example.
I guess I attribute most of the nastiness on the messageboards to anonymity and a general bias toward competitive/antagonistic communication. I really have not experienced that within my family or friend groups, though I guess we do not have any socially conservative people in those spaces. I do not think that somebody who was anti-LGBTQIA+, for example, would be well received. I definitely remember a couple of conversations way back in the day about gay marriage becoming testy, but they resolved pretty quickly with the opponents shifting their position. I am, by far, the most liberal on immigration and border issues in my family, which is an almost 180 degree shift from where I was 20 years ago, but we are able to discuss the issues amiably.

Well, I was wrong….. I said this issue would cost AB $10B in market cap. Its already cost them close to $16B and it’s not even June yet.

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when they were back near the record high? Do you remember when I called you out then? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

Reactions: seminoleed
Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when they were back near the record high? Do you remember when I called you out then? Oh, that's right, I didn't.
I just remember you betting me the stock price was going to go up. We’ve still got another month until the earnings report comes out. Then the carnage will start….

Well, I was wrong….. I said this issue would cost AB $10B in market cap. Its already cost them close to $16B and it’s not even June yet.

Thank you, some interesting numbers. Since you track InBev Market Cap numbers, what event caused the cap to jump from March 13th to March 31st?
Hard to believe this dip is getting more coverage than the 2016 to 2018 dip, as an investor, that certainly was more eye-popping than the 4% this year.

From the linked article looks like better news in the future.

And the damage from the boycotts is lasting. JPMorgan thinks U.S. beer volumes for Anheuser-Busch will drop by 12% this year and knock down earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization by 23%. "We do not expect the lost sales to be recovered in fiscal year 2024," Dinges said.

But Dinges still sees upside in the shares. His price target on the U.S. ADR shares is 76 a share. That would mark 29% upside to Tuesday's close. And he's not alone. Analysts' average target price is 73 a share. And analysts still think the company will maintain 9.6% long-term growth. Anheuser-Busch's adjusted earnings per share is seen shrinking less than 1% this year and growing again in 2024 by 18%.

How can analysts be so bullish on the stock when the business is softening? Simple. "This appears priced-in," Dinges said. Investors pushed the stock down so much they're pricing in a 45% drop in earnings before interest and taxes. But Dinges says the company's cash flow is only likely to fall by 4%. The 26% drop in U.S. cash flow is offset by "upgrades in the rest of the business."

Reactions: DFSNOLE
One wonders if family members aren’t actually aware of that already; and if there are indeed differences there’s enough mutual respect among them to understand that the gathering is about enjoying each other’s company in a positive way and without easily avoidable tensions.
This is a very in depth view of the functional family dynamics; as a whole evolving system. Reminds me of a typical auto engine as those well oiled pistons just keep firing away for ultimate horsepower. Thanks for sharing!
"I'm O.J. You're O.J."
Frasier Crane

I suppose my family is interested in other things which make us all laugh or just enjoy having a great time seeing each other.
Very different than an anonymous message board.
Sounds kinda like a Leave it to Beaver atmosphere. "Mrs. Ward, you are looking very nice today! And the meatloaf is incredibly delicious."
Eddie Haskell

You must have been promoted within the Skirmish Police ranks. Congratulations! I'm going to try the exhaling thing too. I hope it leads to more life enjoyment as well. :)

I guess I attribute most of the nastiness on the messageboards to anonymity and a general bias toward competitive/antagonistic communication. I really have not experienced that within my family or friend groups, though I guess we do not have any socially conservative people in those spaces. I do not think that somebody who was anti-LGBTQIA+, for example, would be well received. I definitely remember a couple of conversations way back in the day about gay marriage becoming testy, but they resolved pretty quickly with the opponents shifting their position. I am, by far, the most liberal on immigration and border issues in my family, which is an almost 180 degree shift from where I was 20 years ago, but we are able to discuss the issues amiably.
Sounds so very inclusive. We have a few liberal boyfriends and in law types but we have the no politics rule. I've found that the left leaning side and pro religion types tend to go high order much faster than others. So to keep the peace those are not discussed at family gatherings.

My daughter had a boyfriend that just couldn't resist going full progressive and anti religion, once someone took the bait and disagreed with him he went straight to the standard labels and crying he's being attacked. I finally told him he wasn't welcome anymore.

Mutual understanding, greater insight into each other’s perspectives and personalities, introspection and self-development, constructive dialogue toward compromise and shared solutions. A lot good can come from talking to people about their views.
I've found that those who profess to be open minded and inclusive are the least open minded and inclusive. This holds true from political affiliations to religious views.

I’m pretty sure the references to sexist beer ads flew right over your head as you were too busy liking the super-convincing notion that the Dylan pushback is because it’s insulting to women.
Carry on.
Maybe its insulting to women because Dylan isn't a woman. He's a man acting like a woman to make money. Bud Lite tried to commemorate a dude acting like a girl for a year and it back fired. Maybe if I run around and act like a donkey for a year they will make a Miller Lite can with my picture on it? No they would send me to the nut house.

Sounds so very inclusive. We have a few liberal boyfriends and in law types but we have the no politics rule. I've found that the left leaning side and pro religion types tend to go high order much faster than others. So to keep the peace those are not discussed at family gatherings.

My daughter had a boyfriend that just couldn't resist going full progressive and anti religion, once someone took the bait and disagreed with him he went straight to the standard labels and crying he's being attacked. I finally told him he wasn't welcome anymore.
That's odd in that my experience is just the opposite. It's the right leaning side, both MAGA and more conventional GOP, who are more prone become belligerent quickly. My in-laws would watch right wing media all day just to get pissed off and that attitude worked its way into too many situations.

That's odd in that my experience is just the opposite. It's the right leaning side, both MAGA and more conventional GOP, who are more prone become belligerent quickly. My in-laws would watch right wing media all day just to get pissed off and that attitude worked its way into too many situations.
No doubt that's true as extreme views lead to extreme reactions. Its likely the minority view that feels threatened and lashes out. I did have a uncle who was a TV arguer and would come to events and start political fights. He was a full blown tin foil hat, Area 51 aliens type dude though.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
I have been a health care provider for almost 24 years in the same location. Last week one of my long time patients (over 20 years) told the desk that they didn't want to see me anymore because ours "views didn't align". When they asked her what she talking about, she told them it was because I was Jewish. Politically we align perfectly.

In my 54 years on this planet, I had never been a victim of anti-semitism. In the past year, I have had 4 incidents just at work. It isn't like I just became Jewish overnight but also religion isn't a part of my routine exams either. It is a sad time in America.

Last edited:
I have been a health care provider for almost 24 in the same location. Last week one of my long time patients (over 20 years) told the desk that they didn't want to see me anymore because ours "views didn't align". When they asked her what she talking about, she told them it was because I was Jewish. Politically we align perfectly.

In my 54 years on this planet, I had never been a victim of anti-semitism. In the past year, I have had 4 incidents just at work. It isn't like I just became Jewish overnight but also religion isn't a part of my routine exams either. It is a sad time in America.
Do you wear a Star of David ring on your special finger?

Maybe its insulting to women because Dylan isn't a woman. He's a man acting like a woman to make money. Bud Lite tried to commemorate a dude acting like a girl for a year and it back fired. Maybe if I run around and act like a donkey for a year they will make a Miller Lite can with my picture on it? No they would send me to the nut house.
Not that it will change your bizarre sense of offense at how someone else lives their life, but once again, you’re wrong and misrepresenting the reality of this situation.

I’ve still never seen a single Dylan ad, and her transition and happiness don’t impact my life at all, but I just Googled her name (you could have as well given how triggered she makes you) and she’s not anywhere close to “a man acting like a woman to make money”… she’s on hormones and has undergone surgery to feminize her more… certainly sounds like she didn’t decide as a child, when she said her gender issues first surfaced for her, that she was just gonna pretend to be a woman for the money.

Whether it was or wasn’t a smart marketing strategy for A-B is a whole ‘nother thing.

Reactions: BrainVision
Not that it will change your bizarre sense of offense at how someone else lives their life, but once again, you’re wrong and misrepresenting the reality of this situation.

I’ve still never seen a single Dylan ad, and her transition and happiness don’t impact my life at all, but I just Googled her name (you could have as well given how triggered she makes you) and she’s not anywhere close to “a man acting like a woman to make money”… she’s on hormones and has undergone surgery to feminize her more… certainly sounds like she didn’t decide as a child, when she said her gender issues first surfaced for her, that she was just gonna pretend to be a woman for the money.

Whether it was or wasn’t a smart marketing strategy for A-B is a whole ‘nother thing.

She’s not anywhere close to a man acting like a women!?! Are you serious?? 😂😂

I'm not offended nor do I care how he acts or what he pretends to be. My point is that he is a (biological male and still a male regardless of any drugs or therapy) acting like a woman. Maybe that's why people find it insulting that a (not real woman is being celebrated as a woman). If you want to celebrate women then do it don't celebrate an actor pretending to be one. I guess Bud Lite figured out where the line is with people.

Obviously Bud Lite misread the room when they did this and then continued to step in the pile while back tracking but we shall see what lasting effect this has on them. I don't drink Bud Lite not care who this Dillon guy is just commenting on why people may be offended as they clearly are.

Also, had to look up triggered in the context you used it. No, I'm not triggered or any other hipster term you choose. I have no emotional response to this subject, nor will I act out, cry or any of the things triggered people may do. I guess when making up things to be offended about you have to make up new words too. Odd world we live in these days.

I have been a health care provider for almost 24 in the same location. Last week one of my long time patients (over 20 years) told the desk that they didn't want to see me anymore because ours "views didn't align". When they asked her what she talking about, she told them it was because I was Jewish. Politically we align perfectly.

Anti Semitic behavior seems to be more acceptable these days. Do you think its related to Trump?

Anti Semitic behavior seems to be more acceptable these days. Do you think its related to Trump?
I just don’t get it. But I don’t live in that world and I’m thankful my kids were able to grow up in a neighborhood/school that afforded them the ability to be around people of every background.

Why would it be related to the former POTUS? His daughter and his grandchildren are practicing Jews and he’s certainly not estranged from them.

I'm not offended nor do I care how he acts or what he pretends to be. My point is that he is a (biological male and still a male regardless of any drugs or therapy) acting like a woman. Maybe that's why people find it insulting that a (not real woman is being celebrated as a woman). If you want to celebrate women then do it don't celebrate an actor pretending to be one. I guess Bud Lite figured out where the line is with people.

Obviously Bud Lite misread the room when they did this and then continued to step in the pile while back tracking but we shall see what lasting effect this has on them. I don't drink Bud Lite not care who this Dillon guy is just commenting on why people may be offended as they clearly are.

Also, had to look up triggered in the context you used it. No, I'm not triggered or any other hipster term you choose. I have no emotional response to this subject, nor will I act out, cry or any of the things triggered people may do. I guess when making up things to be offended about you have to make up new words too. Odd world we live in these days.
So should I let my good friend whose daughter has identified and dressed as male for years now (including 10s of thousands spent on counseling to deal with the social trauma exacerbated by your brand of close-minded dehumanization) and a family member with a daughter in similar situation (but more fluid) that whenever their kids express themselves as a male rather than a female, it’s an “insult” to men and they should be mocked and dismissed as girls “pretending” to be boys?

Or are you only so judgmental and dismissive of other people’s gender expression when it’s shown on TV?

Reactions: BrainVision
I just don’t get it. But I don’t live in that world and I’m thankful my kids were able to grow up in a neighborhood/school that afforded them the ability to be around people of every background.

Why would it be related to the former POTUS? His daughter and his grandchildren are practicing Jews and he’s certainly not estranged from them.
Maybe a certain sector really dislike him and since its ok these days to express that dislike here we are.

Reactions: F4Gary
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT