ADVERTISEMENT

COVID booster shot

Why didn't you just get the booster instead?
I was scheduled to get the booster but wanted to wait ten days at least after I got my flu shot but in the meantime I was exposed to someone with a breakthrough COVID. I lost my sense of smell and got a bad cough and it was advised that I get a Regeneron treatment. Getting the booster is not the recommended course if you may be getting an active breakthrough.

I’m happy to say that I’m feeling fine. But I am nervous about the Omicron variant since the Regeneron treatment means I cannot get the booster until at least early February.
Am I the only one who is just about fed up with this immunity/booster/variant stuff from Fauci and the CDC?
I wouldn’t worry about omicron. The doctors in Africa said it was very mild with no hospitalizations or deaths. The symptoms are actually like a cold.

I wouldn’t worry about omicron. The doctors in Africa said it was very mild with no hospitalizations or deaths. The symptoms are actually like a cold.
But the average age of South Africans is younger than the US population and that has to be factored in. But overall I do think it’s a weaker variant,

Reactions: Dhersh
Yeah it's important to note the majority of Omicron cases are in the 30-50 age range who have always done well against the virus. It will be important to see if that is the case across all age ranges.

Reactions: SteveT1 and goldmom
I was scheduled to get the booster but wanted to wait ten days at least after I got my flu shot but in the meantime I was exposed to someone with a breakthrough COVID. I lost my sense of smell and got a bad cough and it was advised that I get a Regeneron treatment. Getting the booster is not the recommended course if you may be getting an active breakthrough.
How are you feeling?

Reactions: goldmom
Interesting article on Xi/Omicron

A Frenchman did the science Fauci didn't: Omicron is no delta​

Exclusive: Joel S. Hirschhorn spotlights the low transmissibility of new COVID variant​

So much talk about omicron; so much fear mongering; so much talk about science. Most is nonsense. The best research has received little attention. It comes from esteemed senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini, professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Aix-Marseille.

You are about to learn what senior people in the public health establishment need to use, especially Anthony Fauci, who claims he speaks for and represents "science." If he knows the French research, he is not sharing it with the public, nor are the mainstream media.

The key scientific achievement by Fantini is the calculation of one key parameter he calls the index of transmissibility (T) of a COVID variant. The key work was published in June 2021 with the title "Structural dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 variants: A health monitoring strategy for anticipating COVID-19 outbreaks." This research is very sophisticated, detailed and challenging. Genomic sequence data are used in the analyses of variants.

The molecular details of variants are analyzed to calculate T values for COVID variants. Originally, T values for known variants or strains of the COVID virus were determined. The T value for the delta variant done in early 2021 accurately predicted the surge of delta throughout the world, making it the dominant variant in many countries, including the U.S.

The T value accurately describes to what extent a variant is or is not transmissible. The higher the value of T, the greater is the ease at which a variant is spread from one person to another. The higher the value, the more contagious is the variant. Fantini explained how T values could serve a critical need: "T-index can be used as a health monitoring strategy to anticipate future COVID-19 outbreaks." At this moment, the question is: "Is the T value for omicron of concern?"

Continued here:
https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/frenchman-science-fauci-didnt-omicron-no-delta/

Reactions: GbrNole and goldmom
Hysterical that you would cite to WND in complaining about fear mongering.

WorldNetDaily is an online publication founded and run by Joseph Farah that claims to pursue truth, justice and liberty. But in fact, its pages are devoted to manipulative fear-mongering and outright fabrications designed to further the paranoid, gay-hating, conspiratorial and apocalyptic visions of Farah and his hand-picked contributors from the fringes of the far-right and fundamentalist worlds.

Continued here:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/worldnetdaily

Among WND's fantasies: a six-part series claiming that soybean consumption causes homosexuality.

Seems super reliable.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
"This research is very sophisticated, detailed and challenging."

That must be why the US alone sequences more than 80,000 COVID tests every day. Anyone who read that and actually follows what's happening on the scientific side of COVID would realize that none of what was stated is groundbreaking. Seems like a hit piece on Fauci even though he has already stated indications are that Omicron is not as virulent, and the very first sequencing of Omicron revealed mutations that scientists predicted would make it more transmissible.

Hysterical that you would cite to WND in complaining about fear mongering.

WorldNetDaily is an online publication founded and run by Joseph Farah that claims to pursue truth, justice and liberty. But in fact, its pages are devoted to manipulative fear-mongering and outright fabrications designed to further the paranoid, gay-hating, conspiratorial and apocalyptic visions of Farah and his hand-picked contributors from the fringes of the far-right and fundamentalist worlds.

Continued here:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/worldnetdaily

Among WND's fantasies: a six-part series claiming that soybean consumption causes homosexuality.

Seems super reliable.
Ah yes. The SPLC hardly a beacon non bias information. Plenty of articles out there from all sides questioning their motives/political leanings.

Reactions: SteveT1
Interesting article on Xi/Omicron

A Frenchman did the science Fauci didn't: Omicron is no delta​

Exclusive: Joel S. Hirschhorn spotlights the low transmissibility of new COVID variant​

So much talk about omicron; so much fear mongering; so much talk about science. Most is nonsense. The best research has received little attention. It comes from esteemed senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini, professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Aix-Marseille.

You are about to learn what senior people in the public health establishment need to use, especially Anthony Fauci, who claims he speaks for and represents "science." If he knows the French research, he is not sharing it with the public, nor are the mainstream media.

The key scientific achievement by Fantini is the calculation of one key parameter he calls the index of transmissibility (T) of a COVID variant. The key work was published in June 2021 with the title "Structural dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 variants: A health monitoring strategy for anticipating COVID-19 outbreaks." This research is very sophisticated, detailed and challenging. Genomic sequence data are used in the analyses of variants.

The molecular details of variants are analyzed to calculate T values for COVID variants. Originally, T values for known variants or strains of the COVID virus were determined. The T value for the delta variant done in early 2021 accurately predicted the surge of delta throughout the world, making it the dominant variant in many countries, including the U.S.

The T value accurately describes to what extent a variant is or is not transmissible. The higher the value of T, the greater is the ease at which a variant is spread from one person to another. The higher the value, the more contagious is the variant. Fantini explained how T values could serve a critical need: "T-index can be used as a health monitoring strategy to anticipate future COVID-19 outbreaks." At this moment, the question is: "Is the T value for omicron of concern?"

Continued here:
https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/frenchman-science-fauci-didnt-omicron-no-delta/
This wont age well with the pro covid crowd.

"This research is very sophisticated, detailed and challenging."

That must be why the US alone sequences more than 80,000 COVID tests every day. Anyone who read that and actually follows what's happening on the scientific side of COVID would realize that none of what was stated is groundbreaking. Seems like a hit piece on Fauci even though he has already stated indications are that Omicron is not as virulent, and the very first sequencing of Omicron revealed mutations that scientists predicted would make it more transmissible.
You have to admit. Fauci does open himself up for stuff like this. Even with the new variant he came out with differing stories.

Ah yes. The SPLC hardly a beacon non bias information. Plenty of articles out there from all sides questioning their motives/political leanings.
I'm not sure that there are a lot of stories on SPLC about soybeans altering sexual preferences. But please, by all means, stop eating any product with any soybeans in it and rely on the "science" reported by that site.

I'm not sure that there are a lot of stories on SPLC about soybeans altering sexual preferences. But please, by all means, stop eating any product with any soybeans in it and rely on the "science" reported by that site.
Not really what I was talking about but ok . Soy beans got it. :)

I was more interested in what the senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini, professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Aix-Marseille had to say in that article than what the writer had to say.

Reactions: GbrNole and SteveT1
I was more interested in what the senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini, professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Aix-Marseille had to say in that article than what the writer had to say.
Because WND wrote about it, the results of his test are obviously linked to soy bean induced testicular cancer.

Reactions: F4Gary and Dhersh
You have to admit. Fauci does open himself up for stuff like this. Even with the new variant he came out with differing stories.
I don’t really care about him one way or another but anyone who thinks he doesn’t enjoy this attention is kidding themselves. I’m sure he’s just waiting to write a book.

I don’t really care about him one way or another but anyone who thinks he doesn’t enjoy this attention is kidding themselves. I’m sure he’s just waiting to write a book.
waiting? lol

his book has already been pulled from amazon and B&N following FOIA dumps. in the mean time people can get their fix via the Fauci nat geo documentary.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveT1 and F4Gary
waiting? lol

his book has already been pulled from amazon and B&N following FOIA dumps. in the mean time people can get their fix via the Fauci nat geo documentary.

Can't stand him honestly, so many are hesitant to do anything because he comes off as such a pretentious a hole.

Should have retired 10 years ago. Just another entrenched government bureaucrat.
Should everyone who is passionate about their job and the work they do just retire when they reach a certain age, especially when they are still capable of doing their work? Honest question.

waiting? lol

Haha I had no idea he had written a book but I’m sure there’s more to come. He’s 81 in a couple weeks, it’s not an exaggeration to say the best thing to ever happen to his career is this virus. I’m not implying he enjoys all the death and suffering but he’s going to be the last person to ever down play it.

Reactions: GbrNole and F4Gary
Should everyone who is passionate about their job and the work they do just retire when they reach a certain age, especially when they are still capable of doing their work? Honest question.
I don’t think so.

Reactions: Dhersh
Ah, sure I don't see why not. They will both likely be free and widely available at different locations. And since the flu is a coronavirus, perhaps one day we won't need to worry about getting separate doses. One vaccine will take care of them all 👍
Nothing is free. It is paid for in some manner.

Kinda humorous and predictable how the anti-Fauci crowd, who love to highlight everything he’s said that didn’t prove 100% true as our Covid learnings and mutations evolved, haven’t voiced a single peep about how wrong your “esteemed senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini” has turned out to be with his downplaying of Omicron’s transmissibility and prediction that it wouldn’t supplant Delta.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Reactions: rtpnole
didn't you just do that?
Didn’t even know this Fantini character existed until someone who considers WND a valuable news source presented Fantini’s Omicron isn’t of concern bunk to us all as some kind of rebuttal to the prevailing science?

Hopefully Omicron does prove weaker in outcomes for the vast majority of those infected (although due to the very high case numbers even a small percentage seriously injured or with long haul impact is still troublesome) and here’s hoping that Omicron is the last mutation of concern, but its high transmissibility isn’t really up for debate.

So yeh, if you’re trying to make some clever point with your insult here, it didn’t land.

no i just asked a question since you brought something up that i wasn't aware that anyone else had mentioned but carry on.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
no i just asked a question since you brought something up that i wasn't aware that anyone else had mentioned but carry on.
Strange that you weren’t aware that anyone else had mentioned Fantini and his Omicron assertions since you Liked the original and subsequent Fantini post and commented on the related discussion.
Maybe we’re just different in that I tend to read posts before Liking or commenting, but carry on.

i commented on the related discussion? where did i mention fantini or his research?

i'll give a like in passing for what may be good news.

by the same token south africa is difficult to use as a litmus test because it has a substantially different demographic than most nations by having a much younger population. there is no uncertainty by the age groups most predominantly affected by covid.

the US has nearly 17% of its population age 65+. south africa is barely above 5% in that age group. the median age is also 10.5 years younger than the US so i tend to take what is occurring in south africa as a lesser indicator than a nation such as the UK where age demographics are far more similar to the US as are their covid outcomes.

Kinda humorous and predictable how the anti-Fauci crowd, who love to highlight everything he’s said that didn’t prove 100% true as our Covid learnings and mutations evolved, haven’t voiced a single peep about how wrong your “esteemed senior French scientist Dr. Jacques Fantini” has turned out to be with his downplaying of Omicron’s transmissibility and prediction that it wouldn’t supplant Delta.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm
Semi unrelated but didn't the CDC just revise their numbers from last week about what the dominant strain was? From like 72% down to 50 something.

i commented on the related discussion? where did i mention fantini or his research?

i'll give a like in passing for what may be good news.

by the same token south africa is difficult to use as a litmus test because it has a substantially different demographic than most nations by having a much younger population. there is no uncertainty by the age groups most predominantly affected by covid.

the US has nearly 17% of its population age 65+. south africa is barely above 5% in that age group. the median age is also 10.5 years younger than the US so i tend to take what is occurring in south africa as a lesser indicator than a nation such as the UK where age demographics are far more similar to the US as are their covid outcomes.
Now were getting graded on our like distribution.

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary and GbrNole
Semi unrelated but didn't the CDC just revise their numbers from last week about what the dominant strain was? From like 72% down to 50 something.
nowcast pegs region 4 (florida's region) as being 78.3% omicron as of xmas day and 21.5% delta.

Looks like current CDC estimates (nationwide, different of course regionally) are approx 59% Omicron and 41% Delta

That 72% number was clearly an overestimation. 50% might be too. That is not to say it won't get there eventually.

you would think the dominant delta remaining locations would be clustered but they are far from that. maine, american heartland and cali is where delta is most prominent still.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT