ADVERTISEMENT

COVID cancellations coming

I assume that you posted this to show us there was one nut job physician in the United States. I will clue you in. We already knew that. I dare you to google what other Drs. say about his statements. 96 percent of physicians are vaccinated. Spoiler alert. Other physicians say that he is telling outright lies. There has always been quacks in the medical field. They just have not always had videos made of them.
The spread of general nuttery — about any issue or topic — has been accelerated by social media. There have ALWAYS been wingnuts out there. Always. In the old days we never heard from them and never even realized they were alive.

Now they all have microphones, and we are all “taught” — or forced — to tolerate them. Not just talking about Covid here.

I don’t know one vaccinated person who has been hospitalized or tested positive for SARS2 (maybe asymptomatic) or developed COVID disease.

I have a 35 year old weight lifter co-worker whose in the hospital and another whose 45 who is in good shape just tested positive. Both didn’t get vaccinated. Both live in Panama City.

This is just Darwinism.

The spread of general nuttery — about any issue or topic — has been accelerated by social media. There have ALWAYS been wingnuts out there. Always. In the old days we never heard from them and never even realized they were alive.

Now they all have microphones, and we are all “taught” — or forced — to tolerate them. Not just talking about Covid here.

2008 caused a lot of people to “cut the cord”.

That was the time of acceleration of adoption of streaming platforms (YouTube, etc…). People still want to watch someon the TV from their couch.

With YouTube/Twitch and other platforms - you as the channel owner can make money from views.

Somehow the conspiracy minded Media/Content Creators online got mixed in with the explosive growth of conservative online-mainstream-media and social media influencers. While the traditional TV networks stayed in the left leaning realm. Thus, fracturing societies information sources.

I always thought if there was some kind of airborne disease the southern US would have been pretty well off with people wearing protective gear. The prevailing mindset of “you have to carry your own weight cause no one else can help you” would have paid dividends in controlling something like this. Mannnnn, was I totally wrong. I guess my thought process was based off of what I always heard from southerners; work hard and don’t ask the government for help, and god/guns/country.

Shame COVID came during an election year with the most vocal and transparent leader we’ve ever had.

The US population was less than half what it is now. I was a toddler then and don't remember much, but my Mom said that everyone kept their children indoors in the heat of the day and many avoided public swimming pools. It was a disease that hit kids more often. I imagine that hearing that 3,000 died was enormously scary to postwar parents, but remember far many more got polio and lived, but were crippled for life.
There were at its peak around 15,500 symptomatic cases of polio in the US. 70% of the cases were asymptomatic. Less than 1% of the cases resulted in paralysis. There were around 3300 deaths at its peak. The real issue with the deaths were lack of access to hospitals and the iron lung. At that time the iron lung was prohibitively expensive for most non-major city hospitals to own. So, most of the deaths were in rural areas. In most cases the paralysis was temporary. However, a small percentage were life long paralysis, usually the legs. I knew a couple of folks with life long leg paralysis who wore braces and used crutches. Because this mainly hit children, there was a lot of panic in the summers (it was a seasonal virus). The initial salk vaccine was effective, but also caused some infections that led to paralysis and death. It has been improved upon several times since the 1950s. There hasn't been a case in the US since the mid 1970s and there are only two small pockets in Pakistan and Aghganistan were it still exists. It remains, along with the small pox vaccine as the two most successful vaccine programs we have had. Hopefully, the Covid vaccine joins them.

Reactions: Dhersh and goldmom
Wait.... You know 100 people that have gotten covid? I know like 20. And I know a lot of people. Not one has had any issues at all. Not one. Even the one with 105 fever that got vaccination. So I guess our frame of reference is different.

And no, I don't trust the scientific literature that a guy like fauci or the CDC director is offering.
Well, gosh, its not like Fauci and the CDC said..."its 10 or 15 people, and then in the spring it'll all just kind of go away."

My nephew is still in Mayo Clinic - he’s 33 very healthy and got sick from his in laws who refused to get vaxxed. They are both very ill too. So is his 3 year old daughter but she’s much better now.
His Mom and Dad (my brother) are fully vaccinated but she got a breakthrough case. Bad cold symptoms and low fever.
My nephew was very foolish but I guarantee you once he does recover he will catch Holy he!! For listening to his wife’s in laws. By the way - his own wife got vaccinated. She’s fine. Go figure.

It’s not just 1. There are many. I’m citing higher profile ones. I’m not anti-vax. I’m anti-vax mandates.
I know it is not just one. It is still a very insignificant number. Tiny when compared to overall infections per day. Vaccines are already mandated, although some counties and states make opting out easy. Vaccine fear started when Andrew Wakefield published a study in Lancet. Lancet is the international equivalent of the American Medical Journal. He connected the mandated MMR vaccine with autism. It was later discovered that he faked much of his study with the intention of profiting on the lawsuits that resulted from his fraudulent study. He was stripped of his medical license. Probably should have been sent to prison. He has since moved to the U.S. where he has been embraced by the antivax crowd. Hundreds of people have died because of a misguided belief in his fabricated study. More or less his study gave birth to the antivax movement. More will die needlessly, just as people who do not get vaccinated for Covid will needlessly die. I know of two vaccine hesitant people that died. It is a waste.

Well, gosh, its not like Fauci and the CDC said..."its 10 or 15 people, and then in the spring it'll all just kind of go away."
Doyou want me to find the clip of fauci saying once vaccinated, you were safe and had nothing to worry about?

You know, you did used to see the quacks. These are the Drs. that used to come out in defense of the tobacco industry even though the vast majority of other Drs. said smoking caused health issues. You would see them on one side of a lawsuit as expert witnesses taking a contrary position to the conventional science of the day. I think most of the nuts you see on social media are taking their stance for a profit motive or for their 15 minutes of fame.

For those of you who will force me to get the vaccine, I demand that you do a few things.....

Lose 20lbs. You're prob a fat ass
Get in the gym and squat with a barbell your body weight on your back for 5 reps (3 sets)
Deadlift 1.5x your weight for 5 reps (1 set)
Wear a bike helmet all the time if you ride a bike.
Be able to run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
Stop eating like a complete slob for 85% of the time.
I will mandate that you put your phone away at 10pm and go to sleep6at 1030 to grt 8 quality hours of sleep
Wear a condom every time you have sex.

These affect me because you're a fat piece of crap and my insurance premiums are higher. A direct impact.

ALL of these things will make you healthier and lower your risk of death from covid. And I demand it happens.

Wait.... You know 100 people that have gotten covid? I know like 20. And I know a lot of people. Not one has had any issues at all. Not one. Even the one with 105 fever that got vaccination. So I guess our frame of reference is different.

And no, I don't trust the scientific literature that a guy like fauci or the CDC director is offering.
I have access to a database of a company that supplies this kind of information.

There are certainly risks with the vaccine. My second shot of Moderna made briefly mildly ill. These risks are infinitesimal when compared with the short and long term risks of a serious Covid illness. This virus is almost as new as the vaccine. What will happen to those that get infected in 3 years time is also unknown. The information currently available is overwhelmingly in favor of getting the vaccine. Again, I know of two vaccine hesitant people that died. I know of 2 other people that are going to have very serious long term health issues from the virus that were not vaccinated. I have people in my employ that are struggling to get back to normal after a month. These people have to do breathing treatments during the course of the day and use rescue inhalers. I know of one vaccinated person with auto immune issues that contracted the virus. He is ok. Easy decision as far as I am concerned.

I have access to a database of a company that supplies this kind of information.
So, you don't know 100 people thta have gotten covid.
There are certainly risks with the vaccine. My second shot of Moderna made briefly mildly ill. These risks are infinitesimal when compared with the short and long term risks of a serious Covid illness. This virus is almost as new as the vaccine. What will happen to those that get infected in 3 years time is also unknown. The information currently available is overwhelmingly in favor of getting the vaccine. Again, I know of two vaccine hesitant people that died. I know of 2 other people that are going to have very serious long term health issues from the virus that were not vaccinated. I have people in my employ that are struggling to get back to normal after a month. These people have to do breathing treatments during the course of the day and use rescue inhalers. I know of one vaccinated person with auto immune issues that contracted the virus. He is ok. Easy decision as far as I am concerned.
I'm glad it's an easy decision for you and I respect your right to make that decision.

Do I have to do everything you do?

For those of you who will force me to get the vaccine, I demand that you do a few things.....

Lose 20lbs. You're prob a fat ass
Get in the gym and squat with a barbell your body weight on your back for 5 reps (3 sets)
Deadlift 1.5x your weight for 5 reps (1 set)
Wear a bike helmet all the time if you ride a bike.
Be able to run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
Stop eating like a complete slob for 85% of the time.
I will mandate that you put your phone away at 10pm and go to sleep6at 1030 to grt 8 quality hours of sleep
Wear a condom every time you have sex.

These affect me because you're a fat piece of crap and my insurance premiums are higher. A direct impact.

ALL of these things will make you healthier and lower your risk of death from covid. And I demand it happens.
I would have no problem doing the above except losing the weight because I am of normal weight. I agree with you that a major problem in this country is obesity. I tell every one that you can move that weight around when your young but when you get older carrying around a lot of extra weight is burden. I am 61 and can still play basketball. I agree that your level of health makes handling this virus easier to a degree. I had it. It was not as bad as the common cold. I think some of that is genetics. I have a morbidly obese sister, older then me and a cancer survivor. She had the same experience as me. She told me that if she were allowed she would not have missed a single day of work. There are anecdotal examples people with elite levels of fitness that have died. Personally I would not rely on my fitness level as a determination of getting the shot.

Stop making it political. Fauci isn’t conducting the research or peer reviewing it. It has nothing to do with him. The research is peer reviewed they aren’t opinion pieces.

Reactions: Dhersh
I know it is not just one. It is still a very insignificant number. Tiny when compared to overall infections per day. Vaccines are already mandated, although some counties and states make opting out easy. Vaccine fear started when Andrew Wakefield published a study in Lancet. Lancet is the international equivalent of the American Medical Journal. He connected the mandated MMR vaccine with autism. It was later discovered that he faked much of his study with the intention of profiting on the lawsuits that resulted from his fraudulent study. He was stripped of his medical license. Probably should have been sent to prison. He has since moved to the U.S. where he has been embraced by the antivax crowd. Hundreds of people have died because of a misguided belief in his fabricated study. More or less his study gave birth to the antivax movement. More will die needlessly, just as people who do not get vaccinated for Covid will needlessly die. I know of two vaccine hesitant people that died. It is a waste.
This vaccine isn't the MMR vaccine. Apples to oranges. My "anti-vax mandate" stance is solely regarding the covid vaccine.

There's no profit to be made from lawsuits against vaccine developers because they have immunity. No reason for scientists to lie if they see something wrong with the vaccine. Brother-in-law is finishing his PHD program in a medical physics field at a University mandating vaccines. He's been permitted to complete his final semester remotely because he has scientific and moral objections to taking the covid vaccine. His dad is a surgeon, took the vaccine and lost a sense of feeling in his hands. He is still waiting to recover so he can resume practice.

You're right, some places mandate this vaccine. But that doesn't make it right, or off limits to skepticism/criticism.

Sure, this thing has NO political influences. None at all.
Yep, the data has no political influences. I couldn’t care less what Fauci or Desantis or Trump or anyone say. The data is strong and unbiased. You’re the one who’s obsessing over what some 80 year old guy says. I’m listening to what every single reputable study is saying with numbers and facts. I’m listening to what every hospital is releasing in terms of vaxxed vs unvaxxed data in their hospitals.

Florida deaths again this week have been dominated (64% overall) by the highest percentage fully vaccinated 65+ age group. That age group statewide is 86% fully vaccinated and ~94% partially vaccinated with one or more doses. Full vaccination of that age group will be near complete in maybe a month to 6 weeks at the pace they have been going.

The 50+ age group collectively account for nearly 90% of all COVID deaths in Florida week in and week out. That age group is 79% fully vaccinated and about 90% partially vaccinated with one or more doses.

The 65+ age group make up about 12% of the COVID cases each week in Florida. The 50+ age group collectively makes up ~30% of the COVID cases each week. The 20-39 age group make up the largest percent of new cases at just under 35%.

Last edited:
Yep, the data has no political influences. I couldn’t care less what Fauci or Desantis or Trump or anyone say. The data is strong and unbiased. You’re the one who’s obsessing over what some 80 year old guy says. I’m listening to what every single reputable study is saying with numbers and facts. I’m listening to what every hospital is releasing in terms of vaxxed vs unvaxxed data in their hospitals.
You have numbers from EVERY hospital in Florida?

Yes! Can you post it along with the one saying..." it'll be over in the spring"? I'm not real good at that.

That good enough?

And while it may seem like I am anti vaccine, I'm not. I'd prefer to wait for this to have a bit more track record. Then I will take it.

But I'll be damned if some jackass in any political office is going to make it mandatory. Eff them and eff that. Anyone that thinks MANDATORY vaccines are a good thing..... I just don't know what to say or think.

This vaccine isn't the MMR vaccine. Apples to oranges. My "anti-vax mandate" stance is solely regarding the covid vaccine.

There's no profit to be made from lawsuits against vaccine developers because they have immunity. No reason for scientists to lie if they see something wrong with the vaccine. Brother-in-law is finishing his PHD program in a medical physics field at a University mandating vaccines. He's been permitted to complete his final semester remotely because he has scientific and moral objections to taking the covid vaccine. His dad is a surgeon, took the vaccine and lost a sense of feeling in his hands. He is still waiting to recover so he can resume practice.

You're right, some places mandate this vaccine. But that doesn't make it right, or off limits to skepticism/criticism.
96 percent of physicians are vaccinated. Drops as the educational level of health care workers drop. Evidence is overwhelming despite anecdotal evidence. One or two stories of adverse events is not supportive of your argument. I get how it might form your opinion. Parents with autistic children frequently blame the MMR vaccination. I did not say this was the MMR vaccine. I just said that was the beginning of vaccine hesitancy in general. I think the majority of people that are against this vaccine are so for political reasons. Many started as Covid deniers. They evolved into the crowd that said this was an illness for elderly and not that many people would die. Then they blamed China for a lab leak. Now it is a distrust of government. I am not saying this is you but I can go back and look at many of the vaccine hesitant posters on this board and they were espousing this kind of nonsense back in March of 2020. I also think there are some people and not an insignificant number that are scared of needles. Probably have not gotten a shot of anything in decades and rationalize their hesitancy for all kinds of crazy reasons. The science overwhelmingly disagrees with your position. I can tell your mind is closed to the topic. I am going to stop trying to change it. I would be interested in what you thought at the beginning of the pandemic. Also what your opinion is on the origin of the virus.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
I would have no problem doing the above except losing the weight because I am of normal weight. I agree with you that a major problem in this country is obesity. I tell every one that you can move that weight around when your young but when you get older carrying around a lot of extra weight is burden. I am 61 and can still play basketball. I agree that your level of health makes handling this virus easier to a degree. I had it. It was not as bad as the common cold. I think some of that is genetics. I have a morbidly obese sister, older then me and a cancer survivor. She had the same experience as me. She told me that if she were allowed she would not have missed a single day of work. There are anecdotal examples people with elite levels of fitness that have died. Personally I would not rely on my fitness level as a determination of getting the shot.
Well, if you can't squat 1x your body weight you need to put on some pounds, and add muscle.

(I also never said to rely on fitness level.)

A few amendments...
Low bar squat only
Must hit just below parallel on the squat....Sorry.
No more ice cream or sodas for ANYONE, ever again. A leading cause of obesity. And obese and old are the ones dying from this, in a large majority of cases.
No promiscuous sex, and never withou a condom. No premarital sex either. It's just safer that way.
This will prob solve a large part of the alzheimers and cancer problem. So, everyone, you're welcome.

This is a quote from someone else, but I'm stealing it here. The alzheimers and cancer issues are so serious....
“I'm sorry I know people must like to have their individual freedom…But I think that we're in such a serious situation now, that under certain circumstances, mandates should be done.”

(time to get to the squat rack.....you have no choice.)

I am.
I am pissed off with him, yes. He's a lifelong government employee and beaurocrat. He's supposed to be a scientist, not a policy maker. It is also my opinion that he's a media whore.

And he's attempting to insert his personal opinion into policy. Everyone should have a problem with that.

Florida deaths again this week have been dominated (64% overall) by the highest percentage fully vaccinated 65+ age group. That age group statewide is 86% fully vaccinated and ~94% partially vaccinated with one or more doses. Full vaccination of that age group will be near complete in maybe a month to 6 weeks at the pace they have been going.

The 50+ age group collectively account for nearly 90% of all COVID deaths in Florida week in and week out. That age group is 79% fully vaccinated and about 90% partially vaccinated with one or more doses.

The 65+ age group make up about 12% of the COVID cases each week in Florida. The 50+ age group collectively makes up ~30% of the COVID cases each week. The 20-39 age group make up the largest percent of new cases at just under 35%.
I think it is highly likely that the deaths in all age groups were mostly from the unvaccinated segment. I will tell you I know of dozens of infections in the last 5 weeks. Several in the over 50 age group and they wee overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

Well, if you can't squat 1x your body weight you need to put on some pounds, and add muscle.

(I also never said to rely on fitness level.)

A few amendments...
Low bar squat only
Must hit just below parallel on the squat....Sorry.
No more ice cream or sodas for ANYONE, ever again. A leading cause of obesity. And obese and old are the ones dying from this, in a large majority of cases.
No promiscuous sex, and never withou a condom. No premarital sex either. It's just safer that way.
This will prob solve a large part of the alzheimers and cancer problem. So, everyone, you're welcome.

This is a quote from someone else, but I'm stealing it here. The alzheimers and cancer issues are so serious....
“I'm sorry I know people must like to have their individual freedom…But I think that we're in such a serious situation now, that under certain circumstances, mandates should be done.”

(time to get to the squat rack.....you have no choice.)
Look, I do not work out with heavy weights but I could easily squat that amount. There have been young weight trained athletes that have died.

Look, I do not work out with heavy weights but I could easily squat that amount. There have been young weight trained athletes that have died.
I'd be willing to bet $100 to your favorite charity that you can't do a lowbar squat for 3 sets at 5 reps with proper depth of your body weight. Name the charity and record all three sets. Post it by Tuesday.

Please show me the records to how many young healthy and no comirbidity deaths. Would like to see obituaries if possible.

I think I am done replying to this thread, unless @chumleynole takes me up on the bet.

It's tiring, and no one is changing anyone's mind. And all self inflicted.

I just want to go back to the TV, complaining about coaches and personnel.

That good enough?

And while it may seem like I am anti vaccine, I'm not. I'd prefer to wait for this to have a bit more track record. Then I will take it.

But I'll be damned if some jackass in any political office is going to make it mandatory. Eff them and eff that. Anyone that thinks MANDATORY vaccines are a good thing..... I just don't know what to say or think.

I am.

I am pissed off with him, yes. He's a lifelong government employee and beaurocrat. He's supposed to be a scientist, not a policy maker. It is also my opinion that he's a media whore.

And he's attempting to insert his personal opinion into policy. Everyone should have a problem with that.
George Marshal, George Patton, Dwight Eisenhower etc were all lifelong government employees. What makes one a bureaucrat and the others not. I could name a bunch more. I have said this before and it applies in this situation. Lawyers say when the law supports your argument pound the law. When the facts support your argument pound the facts. When neither support your stance pound the table. Blaming Fauci and posting what has turned out over time inaccurate is a deflection and a pound the table type of argument. This is a new virus that changed over time. Guidance or information given out 6 months ago might not be accurate today. It was accurate based on what they knew at the time. When Fauci first said masks were not effective I actually thought to myself he was probably saying that to save the PPE for health care workers. It seemed counterintuitive to me that masks were not beneficial. Those were my thoughts at the time. Anecdotal information and posting things people in the government said that were proven wrong is not evidence supporting vaccine hesitancy. Just like if I show you a guy that was a weight training triathlete who died in England from Covid is not compelling evidence that I am right. There may not be any long term studies but these vaccines are among the most tested in history. They are days away from full FDA approval. Is that because they are risk free? Certainly not. It is because the benefit that they will do far outweighs the risk.

96 percent of physicians are vaccinated. Drops as the educational level of health care workers drop. Evidence is overwhelming despite anecdotal evidence. One or two stories of adverse events is not supportive of your argument. I get how it might form your opinion. Parents with autistic children frequently blame the MMR vaccination. I did not say this was the MMR vaccine. I just said that was the beginning of vaccine hesitancy in general. I think the majority of people that are against this vaccine are so for political reasons. Many started as Covid deniers. They evolved into the crowd that said this was an illness for elderly and not that many people would die. Then they blamed China for a lab leak. Now it is a distrust of government. I am not saying this is you but I can go back and look at many of the vaccine hesitant posters on this board and they were espousing this kind of nonsense back in March of 2020. I also think there are some people and not an insignificant number that are scared of needles. Probably have not gotten a shot of anything in decades and rationalize their hesitancy for all kinds of crazy reasons. The science overwhelmingly disagrees with your position. I can tell your mind is closed to the topic. I am going to stop trying to change it. I would be interested in what you thought at the beginning of the pandemic. Also what your opinion is on the origin of the virus.
The doctor I mentioned performed a surgery the day he took the vaccine. Not merely a coincidence that he can no longer operate. What's his remedy? Re anecdotal evidence--if data were more robust and nuanced, anecdotal evidence would mean less.

At the beginning of the pandemic, I thought we need to figure out what covid does/who is the most vulnerable to it/how it spreads, then get back to life. Still think that should've been the response. Re origin of the virus, how would I know for certain? Seems wet market is out of the question. If it originated in Wuhan, it likely came from the lab in Wuhan. Also think it arrived in the US around Thanksgiving 2019. Think it's apparent when looking at influenza-like illness data vs data from prior yrs. Maybe just an extreme flu season... tough to say.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
I'd be willing to bet $100 to your favorite charity that you can't do a lowbar squat for 3 sets at 5 reps with proper depth of your body weight. Name the charity and record all three sets. Post it by Tuesday.

Please show me the records to how many young healthy and no comirbidity deaths. Would like to see obituaries if possible.
I am too busy to do the above for 100 bucks. I can donate to my charity. I might consider this if you would get vaccinated if I did it rather then for money.

George Marshal, George Patton, Dwight Eisenhower etc were all lifelong government employees. What makes one a bureaucrat and the others not. I could name a bunch more. I have said this before and it applies in this situation. Lawyers say when the law supports your argument pound the law. When the facts support your argument pound the facts. When neither support your stance pound the table. Blaming Fauci and posting what has turned out over time inaccurate is a deflection and a pound the table type of argument. This is a new virus that changed over time. Guidance or information given out 6 months ago might not be accurate today. It was accurate based on what they knew at the time. When Fauci first said masks were not effective I actually thought to myself he was probably saying that to save the PPE for health care workers. It seemed counterintuitive to me that masks were not beneficial. Those were my thoughts at the time. Anecdotal information and posting things people in the government said that were proven wrong is not evidence supporting vaccine hesitancy. Just like if I show you a guy that was a weight training triathlete who died in England from Covid is not compelling evidence that I am right. There may not be any long term studies but these vaccines are among the most tested in history. They are days away from full FDA approval. Is that because they are risk free? Certainly not. It is because the benefit that they will do far outweighs the risk.
What if they are wrong about the vaccines in 12 months?

I made my decision in April. If they are wrong, which I think is highly unlikely I will deal with the consequences. More likely because of vaccine hesitancy I will need a booster in the fall. I will take that as well.

I am too busy to do the above for 100 bucks. I can donate to my charity. I might consider this if you would get vaccinated if I did it rather then for money.
Just an aside. At one time as part of my job I used to put over 200 pounds on my back and climb up ladders. Did this from sunup to sunset for several years. Have not done this in decades but I still think I could.

Reactions: mjpwooo
By the way, if I'm mandated to vaccinate, you should be mandated to low bar squat. Sorry... But it's for my good too.

I'll bet you $100 to a children's hospital that there will be 0 common adverse effects from the vaccine in 12 months in people who are not already at risk (allergies, etc.).

Reactions: mjpwooo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT