ADVERTISEMENT

Fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve found numerous papers saying that it’s the COVID itself that causes clotting. Kinda like myocarditis causing inflammation. Sometimes the disease is worse than the cure.

I’ve found numerous papers saying that it’s the COVID itself that causes clotting. Kinda like myocarditis causing inflammation. Sometimes the disease is worse than the cure.
So repeatedly getting re-infected with Covid is a proactive idea? I would suggest its something else that is to blame.

thumbs-up-conspiracy.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
??? So those blood clots don't exist? What is causing them ? Explain?
Nah... that's how they do it... any time you question shiite its the ole dismissive attitude, call you a "tin foil head" and be done with it. LMFAO... Same type of mentality that wrings their hands and gnashes their teeth over a statue, but will pay twice what they used to for a loaf of bread along with the other life essentials and won't bat an eye. Pure comedy.

It was an experimental vaccine rolled out in record time and you had to sign a waiver absolving the company of any side effects... of course people are going to have adverse reactions... not a conspiracy.. just not the life saving cure that rescued humanity from an illness with an 1% death rate.

Nah... that's how they do it... any time you question shiite its the ole dismissive attitude, call you a "tin foil head" and be done with it. LMFAO... Same type of mentality that wrings their hands and gnashes their teeth over a statue, but will pay twice what they used to for a loaf of bread along with the other life essentials and won't bat an eye. Pure comedy.

It was an experimental vaccine rolled out in record time and you had to sign a waiver absolving the company of any side effects... of course people are going to have adverse reactions... not a conspiracy.. just not the life saving cure that rescued humanity from an illness with an 1% death rate.
If you believe the development of the Covid vaccine started from scratch, you need to fit yourself for a hat too.

Clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccines in people were established in what seemed like record time. But in reality, more than 50 years of public and private laboratory research laid the groundwork for the rapid development of these life-saving vaccines.

Studies of viruses, including other coronaviruses, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV); advances in general vaccine technology; and the breakthrough in using fatty, oil-like particles called lipid nanoparticles to deliver vaccines to cells were just some of the efforts that made the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines possible. For decades, NIH has supported the research that led to these vaccines.

I don't want to play this discussion out again, but the age adjusted Infection Fatality Rate for Covid is .065%, taking out the under 20 age group it was .089%.

As the article points out, using this one number is not particularly useful. The age gradient was as large as any infection we have seen. Those over 80 were particularly susceptible. If we have learned any lessons (doubtful), it is about protecting those who were at great risk and keeping the collateral damage down as much as possible. Vaccinating those with almost zero risk of dying was a massive mistake as was shutting down the society. Rolling out the vaccine first to those over age 65 was the one thing we did that correct even given the risks of the vaccine.

If you believe the development of the Covid vaccine started from scratch, you need to fit yourself for a hat too.

Clinical trials for the COVID-19 vaccines in people were established in what seemed like record time. But in reality, more than 50 years of public and private laboratory research laid the groundwork for the rapid development of these life-saving vaccines.

Studies of viruses, including other coronaviruses, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV); advances in general vaccine technology; and the breakthrough in using fatty, oil-like particles called lipid nanoparticles to deliver vaccines to cells were just some of the efforts that made the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines possible. For decades, NIH has supported the research that led to these vaccines.

Yes, I know that mRNA is not new. The vaccine saved lives and people also died as a result of it. To deny the latter is also worthy of a hat. This particular COVID vaccine was experimental; in that it had not been used on the general population... not like say Shingrix.

People have negative reactions and sometimes die from vaccines. That is not conspiracy. Pharmaceutical companies made billions off those vaccines. That is also not conspiracy.

There has to be a middle line of truth between saying chips were secretly implanted in the people via the vaccine and the other side that is denying that the vaccine had unintended consequences that killed people and these companies made billions off it. And, that our government and its health bureaucracy were not entirely truthful about this pandemic.

Yes, I know that mRNA is not new. The vaccine saved lives and people also died as a result of it. To deny the latter is also worthy of a hat. This particular COVID vaccine was experimental; in that it had not been used on the general population... not like say Shingrix.

People have negative reactions and sometimes die from vaccines. That is not conspiracy. Pharmaceutical companies made billions off those vaccines. That is also not conspiracy.

There has to be a middle line of truth between saying chips were secretly implanted in the people via the vaccine and the other side that is denying that the vaccine had unintended consequences that killed people and these companies made billions off it. And, that our government and its health bureaucracy were not entirely truthful about this pandemic.
This is a fair assessment. I was “all in” on the vaccine because I wanted to be done with COVID and for life to be normal again. Once it was clear you could both get COVID and transmit COVID even with the vaccine it really made it a personal choice. I don’t regret taking it but knowing what I know now im not sure I would have. That being said, I would have been pissed if my parents refused to take it as I do believe it saved a lot of lives of elderly folks.

The scary thing about COVID is that we seemingly didn’t learn a thing. If a similar virus with slightly higher mortality rates comes out I’m not sure this country will be any more prepared. A truly scary proposition is a virus with even like a 5% mortality rate across all age groups. That’s when society will legit start to break down.

Okay, COVID has around 29 separate proteins which means that there are 29 messanger RNAs encoding them. Are you saying that the only one used for the vaccine causes problems? If mRNA in general causes deaths we have a serious problem, because every cell of every kind produces them.

Okay, COVID has around 29 separate proteins which means that there are 29 messanger RNAs encoding them. Are you saying that the only one used for the vaccine causes problems? If mRNA in general causes deaths we have a serious problem, because every cell of every kind produces them.
Reasonable question? Wouldn't catching Covid 19 with those 29 separate proteins be a better way for dealing with the virus and adapting to it? OR keep re-infecting with the vaccine until all those 29 have been assimilated ?

Reactions: noletaire
This is a fair assessment. I was “all in” on the vaccine because I wanted to be done with COVID and for life to be normal again. Once it was clear you could both get COVID and transmit COVID even with the vaccine it really made it a personal choice. I don’t regret taking it but knowing what I know now im not sure I would have. That being said, I would have been pissed if my parents refused to take it as I do believe it saved a lot of lives of elderly folks.

The scary thing about COVID is that we seemingly didn’t learn a thing. If a similar virus with slightly higher mortality rates comes out I’m not sure this country will be any more prepared. A truly scary proposition is a virus with even like a 5% mortality rate across all age groups. That’s when society will legit start to break down.

What's the downside to getting the vaccine?

That's what I always am curious about with the anti-vaxxers...not that I'm calling you one.

The vaccines have been proven overwhelmingly safe for most people.

• Haha

That's what I always am curious about with the anti-vaxxers...not that I'm calling you one.

7 million people have died globally from covid out of 7.9 billion. In the US 1.2 million died out of 332 million. By your logic Covid was safe for most people too. Why was everyone so scared of something with a relatively small death rate? Why be scared of a shot that is safe for "most" people? People fear what they don't know or understand. You have a much higher chance of dying in a car accident or from lung cancer than from covid yet people still drive and smoke. Why? They understand that part.

Not for the 1.2 million Americans who died.
Not sure those numbers are accurate. I was all on board with getting vaccinated (unfortunately? fortunately?), I caught Covid 19 before the vaccine was available. After finding out the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching ,spreading, or dying from the virus guess I lucked out? The long term effects remain unknown but I like my chances, over those re-infecting themselves. Been Covid free ever since catching it.

Not sure those numbers are accurate. I was all on board with getting vaccinated (unfortunately? fortunately?), I caught Covid 19 before the vaccine was available. After finding out the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching ,spreading, or dying from the virus guess I lucked out? The long term effects remain unknown but I like my chances, over those re-infecting themselves. Been Covid free ever since catching it.
Re-infecting themselves? Seriously? Only the virus can fully re-infect you, not a vaccine that partially expresses ONE protein.

Reasonable question? Wouldn't catching Covid 19 with those 29 separate proteins be a better way for dealing with the virus and adapting to it? OR keep re-infecting with the vaccine until all those 29 have been assimilated ?
Wow😳. Unfortunately all 29 at the same time causes what is called a cytokine storm or simply put, your immune system starts attacking your organs and you end up on a respirator. THAT’S why people die. Vaccines don’t fully re-infect, that’s the whole idea.

@noletaire It’s interesting to see how you find funny the deaths of others. Would you feel the same if some of those were your mother or wife or children?
I laughed because I interpreted your post as those 1.2 million would be alive if they had taken the vaccine. There's simply no way to prove that in a quantitative way. If that's not what you meant, my bad. I took the vaccine, there's no way to prove if it saved my life or not.

I lost a good friend to COVID, along with many other loved ones over the years. I don't find death or suffering humorous in any way.
Sincerely
Noletaire

7 million people have died globally from covid out of 7.9 billion. In the US 1.2 million died out of 332 million. By your logic Covid was safe for most people too. Why was everyone so scared of something with a relatively small death rate? Why be scared of a shot that is safe for "most" people? People fear what they don't know or understand. You have a much higher chance of dying in a car accident or from lung cancer than from covid yet people still drive and smoke. Why? They understand that part.
^^^^Agree 100%.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777

I think the downside would be the limited upside. I don’t get every vaccine that comes out.

Re-infecting themselves? Seriously? Only the virus can fully re-infect you, not a vaccine that partially expresses ONE protein.
You get Covid with the vaccination. No? Brian just confirmed it with his post above. What was scary?
"could have caught the dead." pure speculation by Brian

Last edited:
Ah.

I got 6 covid vaccines. I had covid in April after 5 vaccines. It was pretty scary.

I felt weak for about 4 days. Without the vaccines, I could have caught the dead.
Feeling weak for 4 days was scary? I don’t regret getting it and actually now that I think about it bc I have asthma I would have gotten it regardless. But I would have been a whole lot less passionate about my friends getting it and certainly would have been against any mandates.

Feeling weak for 4 days was scary? I don’t regret getting it and actually now that I think about it bc I have asthma I would have gotten it regardless. But I would have been a whole lot less passionate about my friends getting it and certainly would have been against any mandates.

Yeah. It was scary. I felt rubbery. It's hard to describe. Before that, I hadn't been sick since 2012. Covid made me feel like I was 90 years old.

I felt like it could have been much worse without the vaccines...like I wouldn't have been able to move.

I got covid from my Dad on Easter. He said he had a "cold" and I asked him to get tested for covid. Sure enough, he tested positive.

I still have a metallic taste in my mouth from it although it's gotten better in the last 2 months.

Yeah. It was scary. I felt rubbery. It's hard to describe. Before that, I hadn't been sick since 2012. Covid made me feel like I was 90 years old.

I felt like it could have been much worse without the vaccines...like I wouldn't have been able to move.

I got covid from my Dad on Easter. He said he had a "cold" and I asked him to get tested for covid. Sure enough, he tested positive.

I still have a metallic taste in my mouth from it although it's gotten better in the last 2 months.
Speculation GIF by One Chicago

From the article posted above; https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem....eatured-topic/covid-19-vaccine-myths-debunked

Getting a COVID-19 vaccine reduces the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus and slows the spread of COVID-19. Also, vaccination can prevent severe illness from COVID-19.

How much does it reduce the risk of infection? Since you can still get infected this would be difficult to quantify but it does say reduces the risk so there must be some data. Slows the spread? How much? How do we know this? How does a vaccine slow the spread when you can still get infected? Can prevent serious illness? Many things could prevent infection, but does it? How do you know?

The CDC website lists many benefits of getting vaccinated, but it doesn't say it reduces the risk of infection. It also says its a safer way to build protection but not slow the spread. It does say that its effective at keeping people from getting sick and dying although there's no way to know that either.

My point is there is and was too many mixed messages about the vaccination. I hope the next time the messaging improves, and the government can figure out how to handle a public health issue without letting the media turn it into a circus like the last one.

Reactions: F4Gary and trunole1
From the article posted above; https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem....eatured-topic/covid-19-vaccine-myths-debunked

Getting a COVID-19 vaccine reduces the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus and slows the spread of COVID-19. Also, vaccination can prevent severe illness from COVID-19.

How much does it reduce the risk of infection? Since you can still get infected this would be difficult to quantify but it does say reduces the risk so there must be some data. Slows the spread? How much? How do we know this? How does a vaccine slow the spread when you can still get infected? Can prevent serious illness? Many things could prevent infection, but does it? How do you know?

The CDC website lists many benefits of getting vaccinated, but it doesn't say it reduces the risk of infection. It also says its a safer way to build protection but not slow the spread. It does say that its effective at keeping people from getting sick and dying although there's no way to know that either.

My point is there is and was too many mixed messages about the vaccination. I hope the next time the messaging improves, and the government can figure out how to handle a public health issue without letting the media turn it into a circus like the last one.
There was some definitive data from the first trials showing a significant reduction in mortality and severe illness in the vaccine group compared to the control group. It’s not just some baseless claim they made up and the vast majority of physicians agreed with. Maybe I misunderstood what you’re saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT