ADVERTISEMENT

Fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some definitive data from the first trials showing a significant reduction in mortality and severe illness in the vaccine group compared to the control group. It’s not just some baseless claim they made up and the vast majority of physicians agreed with. Maybe I misunderstood what you’re saying.
I'm not taking a side for or against. What I'm saying is that there is information out there on both sides. Even messaging for the shot doesn't sound that confident. Words like can doesn't drive home the point. Also, early on the shot was billed to stop or reduce infections but then changed to prevents serious illness. Doesn't really scream confidence. I was on board early in the process but as things moved on not so much. Like you I wish now that I hadn't taken the shot.

Reactions: F4Gary
From the article posted above; https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem....eatured-topic/covid-19-vaccine-myths-debunked

Getting a COVID-19 vaccine reduces the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus and slows the spread of COVID-19. Also, vaccination can prevent severe illness from COVID-19.

How much does it reduce the risk of infection? Since you can still get infected this would be difficult to quantify but it does say reduces the risk so there must be some data. Slows the spread? How much? How do we know this? How does a vaccine slow the spread when you can still get infected? Can prevent serious illness? Many things could prevent infection, but does it? How do you know?

The CDC website lists many benefits of getting vaccinated, but it doesn't say it reduces the risk of infection. It also says its a safer way to build protection but not slow the spread. It does say that its effective at keeping people from getting sick and dying although there's no way to know that either.

My point is there is and was too many mixed messages about the vaccination. I hope the next time the messaging improves, and the government can figure out how to handle a public health issue without letting the media turn it into a circus like the last one.
What it doesn't do is give you Covid despite the claims of one poster here.

• Love
Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm not taking a side for or against. What I'm saying is that there is information out there on both sides. Even messaging for the shot doesn't sound that confident. Words like can doesn't drive home the point. Also, early on the shot was billed to stop or reduce infections but then changed to prevents serious illness. Doesn't really scream confidence. I was on board early in the process but as things moved on not so much. Like you I wish now that I hadn't taken the shot.
As new variants of the virus came, the vaccine required changes too. The Delta variant was particularly rough causing hospitalization and too often death for those who contracted it. The vaccine definitely reduced the severity and subsequent effects. All of the eight people I knew who died from Covid succumbed to that variant. Also, everyone of them were unvaccinated.

• Wow
As new variants of the virus came, the vaccine required changes too. The Delta variant was particularly rough causing hospitalization and too often death for those who contracted it. The vaccine definitely reduced the severity and subsequent effects. All of the eight people I knew who died from Covid succumbed to that variant. Also, everyone of them were unvaccinated.

Sorry to hear that.
Were they all Covid 19 survivors before catching the variant?

Of course. What I'm saying is the vaccine was touted as slowing the spread and you won't get covid. Then it changed to you won't get really sick. Now the reason is that the vaccine had to be changed as variants came out. Ok. My point is that with all we know about Flu vaccinations and how they might or might not work why not market the covid vaccine the same way? If you're not sure just say so and be straight with the public. With all the politicizing that was going on anyway the government should have been a bit smarter in how they presented the message. Alot of the issues with the vaccine was self-induced. Covid is like alot of things these days. The public is making assumptions based on very limited information.

Anyway, this horse is dead.

Reactions: QuaZ2002 and F4Gary
No. It was the initial infection that killed each of them.
None of them had a undiagnosed case before that? No other conditions that would have contributed to it? All eight caught the delta variant and died?

No. It was the initial infection that killed each of them.
Just spoke with a Gal that had Covid 19 and has caught Covid twice since, one being the variant. In both cases they were milder. More than one way to skin the cat?

Certainly but not if you die the first time you get it.
Yes we are fortunate that later variants have been less deleterious. It could have gone the other way though. You can’t count on that happening every time.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Yes we are fortunate that later variants have been less deleterious. It could have gone the other way though. You can’t count on that happening every time.
agree and some have died just from the vaccine and also there are many that have shown to be unvaccinated that have had less Covid infections.

See Africa

agree and some have died just from the vaccine and also there are many that have shown to be unvaccinated that have had less Covid infections.

See Africa

The number of people who died from an adverse effect to the vaccine was .000017235% of 310 million shots given. While I feel badly for those who died, that is not a statistically significant number.

I have been fortunate to never contract Covid, and I am grateful for the vaccines and the on-going updates to the vaccines. I have also been fortunate not to have lost a single member of my family or social network, personal or professional, to Covid. I do attribute that in large part to everybody within that network being vaccinated and conscientious in their adherence to mitigation strategies. The vaccine controversy has been something about which I have read and observed online, but I have never actually encountered it in my day-to-day life, thankfully.

My personal belief is that once we learn more about Covid, we will discover that genetics played a major, if not primary, role in who became ill and died.

The number of people who died from an adverse effect to the vaccine was .000017235% of 310 million shots given. While I feel badly for those who died, that is not a statistically significant number.
So explain Africa's #'s compared to US?

If a family member was part of those deaths it would be quite significant.

See Africa

Nothing in that article supports a theory that Africa had less covid issues bc of vaccines. Africa had less issues bc they have a much younger population overall bc people die much younger there in general. I have a buddy who worked for the CDC and was in Africa went COVID first started. He said they had so few issues bc other diseases bad already killed off most of the old and weak which is basically who COVID affected. Africa is a brutal place.

Nothing in that article supports a theory that Africa had less covid issues bc of vaccines. Africa had less issues bc they have a much younger population overall bc people die much younger there in general. I have a buddy who worked for the CDC and was in Africa went COVID first started. He said they had so few issues bc other diseases bad already killed off most of the old and weak which is basically who COVID affected. Africa is a brutal place.
Not about vaccines just that they had less Covid deaths than the US. So being younger were less likely to die from Covid? I just find Africa's numbers to be surprising considering it being so brutal. Stronger Natural Immunity?

Not about vaccines just that they had less Covid deaths than the US. So being younger were less likely to die from Covid? I just find Africa's numbers to be surprising considering it being so brutal. Stronger Natural Immunity?
It’s literally survival of the fittest in Africa. The main victims of COVID in developed countries were older folks or those with lots of co-morbidities, those people hardly even exist in Africa.

It’s literally survival of the fittest in Africa. The main victims of COVID in developed countries were older folks or those with lots of co-morbidities, those people hardly even exist in Africa.
COUNTERPOINT?

Well, that’s a theory. It could be a whole lot of factors but I think the data overall has been pretty strong in favor of the vaccines across the world.
Fauci and W.H.O.'s narrative more credible than Dr. McMillan's research?

narrative- mask wearing works? masks don't work? 6 foot distance? virus released by wet market? Vaccine stops Covid and its spread? etc etc?

I am not anti-vax but there are issues with the Covid vaccine that appear to be ignored.

Fauci and W.H.O.'s narrative more credible than Dr. McMillan's research?

narrative- mask wearing works? masks don't work? 6 foot distance? virus released by wet market? Vaccine stops Covid and its spread? etc etc?

I am not anti-vax but there are issues with the Covid vaccine that appear to be ignored.
Dr. McMillan has no research. He has a theory. It’s unclear what his actual credentials even are if you google him.

Dr. McMillan has no research. He has a theory. It’s unclear what his actual credentials even are if you google him.
A theory contrasted with the many falsehoods in the ever changing narrative that Fauci, WHO, NIH, CDC etc have uttered.

A theory contrasted with the many falsehoods in the ever changing narrative that Fauci, WHO, NIH, CDC etc have uttered.
Doesn't it just make sense that the narrative would change as more was learned? What do you think "Novel" means in reference to Novel Coronavirus which describes COVID-19?

It's more of a hypothesis...oh, and Please dear baby Jesus
Might be time to drop the religious reference unless of course you treat science as a form of religion. lol

Should we refer to you as the "Settled Science" guy?

Reactions: noletaire
Might be time to drop the religious reference unless of course you treat science as a form of religion. lol

Should we refer to you as the "Settled Science" guy?

Let me finish it for you:

Please dear baby Jesus please let the next pandemic be super deadly that way such stupidity will be culled from our species

Doesn't it just make sense that the narrative would change as more was learned? What do you think "Novel" means in reference to Novel Coronavirus which describes COVID-19?
Doing 180's on a narrative looks more like authoritarian propaganda from my view.

Me on the shore you + friends on the river?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
bullshit? or truth?

Covid was transmitted via eating a pangolin
masks will protect you from Covid
Gain in function research wasn't financed by the US in Wuhan lab
The vaccine will prevent you from catching/spreading Covid
WHO stating the virus was not transmittable to humans
6ft distance is safe from the virus
plexiglass shields will protect you from Covid
Covid didn't come from a lab in Wuhan etc etc

"Settled Science"?
conspiracy theory?
SMH LOL

Rules for thee not for me?

JMO but one can disagree or question without being disagreeable or personally attacked. NO?

Reactions: noletaire
Please dear baby Jesus please let the next pandemic be super deadly that way such stupidity will be culled from our species
Please stop "weaponizing" this conversation by hoping that another pandemic will kill people you believe are stupid.
At this point, I really need a "safe space" to recover from the trauma of all of this.

bullshit? or truth?

"Settled Science"?
conspiracy theory?
SMH LOL

JMO but one can disagree or question without being disagreeable or personally attacked. NO?
Ill play.

Covid was transmitted via eating a pangolin: Not proven either way but sounds like bullshit.

masks will protect you from Covid: Again, no proof either way. Can you smell a fart through a mask? If masks work so well why doesn't OSHA approve them for use with chemicals?

Gain in function research wasn't financed by the US in Wuhan lab: It was and there was active contracts at that lab.

The vaccine will prevent you from catching/spreading Covid: Bullshit

WHO stating the virus was not transmittable to humans: Bullshit

6ft distance is safe from the virus: Common sense to assume that would be the case but the idea wasn't based in any research so bullshit.

plexiglass shields will protect you from Covid: This was the dumbest thing I saw dumbasses doing besides wearing masks.

Covid didn't come from a lab in Wuhan etc etc: Hmmm it didn't originate from the lab they were doing research on the very thing that supposedly naturally occurred at a wet market in the same location. Bullshit.

Of course, it's just my opinion that those things are bullshit but they sure seem that way.

bullshit? or truth?

"Settled Science"?
conspiracy theory?
SMH LOL

Not when you disagree with certain opinions on covid, evolution, trans issues ect... What you can do is call people stupid or utilize other personal attacks if you're on a certain side of an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT