ADVERTISEMENT

How will covid effect this season

My daughter and I have recovered from the variant. We're both Pfizered up, too. She was a little sicker than me but she has immunocompromised issues anyway and had stopped up ears and a low fever. The Doc told her to just rest, take zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D, drink lots of fluids and take a fever reducer. She's fine now.
I just felt like I had a runny nose for two days and had to have a snooze one afternoon.

I'm ready for the ND game and I hope at least 50,000 of my fellow Nole faithful feel the same. Life goes on. 😛
Were you officially diagnosed with Covid/variant? Just wondering....I think there are still garden variety colds and flus out there, although they seem to be overlooked. Irrespective, glad you are both back to full speed.

My daughter and I have recovered from the variant. We're both Pfizered up, too. She was a little sicker than me but she has immunocompromised issues anyway and had stopped up ears and a low fever. The Doc told her to just rest, take zinc, magnesium, Vitamin D, drink lots of fluids and take a fever reducer. She's fine now.
I just felt like I had a runny nose for two days and had to have a snooze one afternoon.

I'm ready for the ND game and I hope at least 50,000 of my fellow Nole faithful feel the same. Life goes on. 😛
Didn't realize you both had been sick. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

More shots in arms in Duval County last week than ever. Hope it helps.
The positivity rate in Mobile county (AL) is now 33%...... the highest county in the worse state. It takes another 14 days after the second shot to be considered 97% immune. Vaccines are up but still no where close to what they need to be. Just very disheartening. A local Dr. just died and another female has been flown to UAB for a ventilator and the ECMO machine. She couldn't regret more not taking the vaccine any more now. For her and others at this stage is too late for a shot(s). In short, it's just a #$%@&%$ mess.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: goldmom and Leben
the surge in FL began ~6/18. the UK's delta surge took about 8 from begin of rise to peak. India was about 10 weeks. hopefully Florida is on the downward trend by mid-August.
I certainly hope so, although that sounds awfully fast.

Reactions: goldmom
All they need to do is announce a mask requirement and we will leave our seats open!
Don’t think you’ll see a “mandate”, but I’d expect LOTS of strongly suggested/emphasis on getting mask on as many as folks there as possible

Reactions: MagNoleA
But here’s the thing, there aren’t literally unlimited amounts of people for this to infect. What you’re seeing now is in hindsight a fairly predictable post everything being open wave. Delta is way more transmissible and the country has been wide open for like 6 weeks now. Sporting events, concerts, festivals, airplanes, etc are now wide open. So basically whoever didn’t get the vaccine is very likely to get COVID at this point. But in the next month or so many of the people who were going to get it will have done so already. The vaccine does seem less effective against the delta variant but it’s still very good. The booster shot is prob going to be a thing by the end of the year and it very well could be a thing every year just like the flu shot.
Israel of all places have started with the third shot(s). The booster shot is just another Phizer shot I believe.

Back to this again. DOT needs to be more assertive here. He can not just jump in and comment about COVID threads not being fact checked by warchant then leave these dumpster fires up. He needs to either assign someone to fact check and monitor the posts or just delete any post which brings up COVID. There is so much misinformation being spread all around that these posts are serving no value.
Or free speech. That's better.

😛
Now you have naturally acquired immunity, which is extremely likely to be better than the vaccines.

We may reach a point where health insurance companies decline hospitalization costs for the unvaccinated.
Um, no. For one thing, the vaccines aren't even FDA approved yet. Still emergency use only. It's hilarious to require vaccines that aren't even FDA approved yet. Make them available? Sure. Required? Too early to even think about. Although millions are going to be required to take them, anyway. But I don't see insurance companies doing that. They don't exclude unvaccinated people for any other disease.

Sad that these days the truth is "garbage". Says a lot about where we are as a species.

It's not truth. It's conspiracy theories sold to the masses by social media influencers and political pundits who have no expertise in their field and are more interested in stirring up trouble than helping people.

Now you have naturally acquired immunity, which is extremely likely to be better than the vaccines.

So, assuming this is correct, logically, the smartest and most fortunate people are the folks who get vaccinated and still get a form of COVID.

They have a much lower risk of hospitalization due to vaccine immunity, but they also get the benefit of natural immunity.

Yet another good argument for the vaccine. Thank you.

So, assuming this is correct, logically, the smartest and most fortunate people are the folks who get vaccinated and still get a form of COVID.

They have a much lower risk of hospitalization due to vaccine immunity, but they also get the benefit of natural immunity.

I've always said the best immunity against polio was to get polio and get the antibodies naturally.

Polio wasn't that big a deal. Only 1% of polio patients had paralysis and only 5%-15% of those cases were lethal so like a .0005%. It's a crime against humanity that the vaccine is required to go to school. Sure we eradicated the disease but at what cost to our freedoms.

Last edited:
I've always said the best immunity against polio was to get polio and get the antibodies naturally.

Polio wasn't that big a deal. Only 1% of polio patients had paralysis and only 5%-15% of those cases were lethal so like a .0005%. It's a crime against humanity that the vaccine is required to go to school.
Surely that is sarcasm.

Surely that is sarcasm.
Listen. If you want to get the polio vaccine because "science" says you should then go for it but I pray one day my childrens' childrens' children are free from tyranny of the scientific method.

Listen. If you want to get the polio vaccine because "science" says you should then go for it but I pray one day my childrens' childrens' children are free from tyranny of the scientific method.
My father-in-law had polio and was crippled for life.

Your position is indefensible.

My father-in-law had polio and was crippled for life.

Your position is indefensible.
How did the great writers of the past survive without emojis?

You arrived at the conclusion you wanted, with no help from my post. You are welcome.

If you have natural immunity, there is absolutely no need for the vaccine. In fact, there are specific contraindications to taking the vaccine when you already have natural immunity.

However, there are millions of people who have received 'false positive' Covid tests, had no symptoms, and think they have 'recovered.' These people have no immunity. They may need to be vaccinated, depending on their risk profile and medical history.

I suspect that many are encouraging "people who have had Covid" to get the vaccine for this very reason; False positive = no immunity. Others, of course, want to vaccinate every living person in America - booster shots to follow annually.

I was simply trying to keep my post to Goldmom positive and encouraging.

it's not really a vaccine though is it. there is zero correlation between the shots people are getting for COVID and the actual vaccines people receive for traditional highly infectious illnesses like measles, polio, tetanus etc. in all of those latter instances people are actually receiving an inactive virus or a minimal live virus or corresponding live virus so that their bodies can produce an immune response to it.

the COVID shots on the other hand are actually altering the genetic sequence causing people to make a toxin in their bodies to fight something they may or may not ever have. literally poisoning yourself with zero knowledge of what the long term effects will be.

it's akin to when my daughter had cancer. chemo saved her life. my wife and i had massive fears that our son would become cancer stricken too, improbable i know, we were scared to death at that time, but we still understood it was irrational to have our son take the toxins that saved our daughter's life to prevent something he didn't have.

the COVID shots on the other hand are actually altering the genetic sequence causing people to make a toxin in their bodies to fight something they may or may not ever have.

Reactions: NoleOne

from the article:

" Our rating: False

The claim that spike proteins from coronavirus vaccines are dangerous toxins that cause damage in the body is FALSE, based on our research. "

it remains unknown how the body will react long term. regardless the COVID shot is not a vaccine, it is a genetic therapy. the manufacturers themselves even refer to it as such. i do find it fascinating though that booster shots are now being spoken of. this is contradictory to the very reason for using mRNA in the first place.

from the article:

" Our rating: False

The claim that spike proteins from coronavirus vaccines are dangerous toxins that cause damage in the body is FALSE, based on our research. "

it remains unknown how the body will react long term. regardless the COVID shot is not a vaccine, it is a genetic therapy. the manufacturers themselves even refer to it as such. i do find it fascinating though that booster shots are now being spoken of. this is contradictory to the very reason for using mRNA in the first place.
I get it. You are not a believer. Doesn’t mean you should be posting a false narrative using terms like “toxins”. Too much bs being posted as fact and it is dangerous.

It's not truth. It's conspiracy theories sold to the masses by social media influencers and political pundits who have no expertise in their field and are more interested in stirring up trouble than helping people.
And I'm just saying this because I care, there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real the real thing. I have no social media accounts and the thought of me listening to the "influencers" that reside there is beyond laughable. Do you seriously think what is happening in Australia, France, Belgium, and England are actually conspiracy theories?
giphy.gif

Reactions: 89nole
I get it. You are not a believer. Doesn’t mean you should be posting a false narrative using terms like “toxins”. Too much bs being posted as fact and it is dangerous.
i suppose if you choose to gloss over the inclusion of the word "dangerous" by all fact checkers when they speak of the toxin then it's easy to come to the conclusion that it is false. no one knows if it is dangerous but no matter what, the COVID shot is genetic therapy using mRNA to induce a toxic protein designed to neutralize the virus.

tox•in tŏk′sĭn​

►​

• n.
    A poisonous substance, especially a protein, that is produced by living cells or organisms and is capable of causing disease when introduced into the body tissues but is often also capable of inducing neutralizing antibodies or antitoxins.

i suppose if you choose to gloss over the inclusion of the word "dangerous" by all fact checkers when they speak of the toxin then it's easy to come to the conclusion that it is false. no one knows if it is dangerous but no matter what, the COVID shot is genetic therapy using mRNA to induce a toxic protein designed to neutralize the virus.

tox•in tŏk′sĭn​

►​

• n.
    A poisonous substance, especially a protein, that is produced by living cells or organisms and is capable of causing disease when introduced into the body tissues but is often also capable of inducing neutralizing antibodies or antitoxins.
“COVID-19 vaccines instruct the body to produce spike proteins that teach the immune system to combat the spikes on the coronavirus, and experts say these proteins are not toxic.”

“COVID-19 vaccines instruct the body to produce spike proteins that teach the immune system to combat the spikes on the coronavirus, and experts say these proteins are not toxic.”

you can keep posting any one of the litany of fact check reports that came out in response to bridle's statements. every one of them will find it false because he made accusations that the protein created would damage organs. neither he or anyone else knows the long terms effects of the protein.

it's laughable that "and experts say these proteins are not toxic" the protein created is the absolute definition of a toxin. toxins can be beneficial. cancer patients are acutely aware of that.

regardless, back to my original point, it's not a vaccine. the COVID shots using mRNA do not produce an immune response. they produce a protein to combat the virus that our immune system is supposed to be able to learn from.

it's not really a vaccine though is it. there is zero correlation between the shots people are getting for COVID and the actual vaccines people receive for traditional highly infectious illnesses like measles, polio, tetanus etc. in all of those latter instances people are actually receiving an inactive virus or a minimal live virus or corresponding live virus so that their bodies can produce an immune response to it.

the COVID shots on the other hand are actually altering the genetic sequence causing people to make a toxin in their bodies to fight something they may or may not ever have. literally poisoning yourself with zero knowledge of what the long term effects will be.

it's akin to when my daughter had cancer. chemo saved her life. my wife and i had massive fears that our son would become cancer stricken too, improbable i know, we were scared to death at that time, but we still understood it was irrational to have our son take the toxins that saved our daughter's life to prevent something he didn't have.
Every bit of that is BS.

Reactions: 89nole and NoleOne
Every bit of that is BS.
at least @ChiefWB is willing to entertain a debate on this.

lets just start with this:

vac•cine văk-sēn′, văk′sēn″
►​

• n.
    A preparation of a weakened or killed pathogen, such as a bacterium or virus, or of a portion of the pathogen's structure that upon administration to an individual stimulates antibody production or cellular immunity against the pathogen but is incapable of causing severe infection.

you can keep posting any one of the litany of fact check reports that came out in response to bridle's statements. every one of them will find it false because he made accusations that the protein created would damage organs. neither he or anyone else knows the long terms effects of the protein.

it's laughable that "and experts say these proteins are not toxic" the protein created is the absolute definition of a toxin. toxins can be beneficial. cancer patients are acutely aware of that.

regardless, back to my original point, it's not a vaccine. the COVID shots using mRNA do not produce an immune response. they produce a protein to combat the virus that our immune system is supposed to be able to learn from.
Ok, it’s not a “vaccine” in the traditional sense. Much like the flu “vaccine” isn’t. If it is safe and viable, I’m not hung up on the name.

Much like the flu “vaccine” isn’t
the flu vaccine isn't long lasting but still uses the standard approach of dosing inactive virus or weakened live virus to stimulate an immune response. where it is compromised is that each year the viral load used is representative of the best guess as to the prevalent strain for the upcoming flu season.

moderna is now attempting through clinical trials to bring an mRNA flu vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT