ADVERTISEMENT

I'm done with the Jaguars

I agree 100% that Williams was a better pick, had a higher motor, doesn't take plays off, & doesn't talk shi$ after every play even if he makes the tackle after we picked up a 1st down on a 35 yard run up his throat. Dainty's a good player & obviously a 1st round talent. But based on the fact he's a me 1st guy, talks more than he produces, and will be cancer in the locker room I would have went with Williams. If the Jags aren't winning and he's not on the field ever down next year the staff and locker room will see the true Dainty come out. He THINKS he's the best thing to ever put on a football uniform but in reality there have been 100 Gators that were way better including Kevin Carter. If there's 1 player in college football I loved to see us hammer every year it was Dainty Flower. If I were a GM or HC in the NFL I wouldn't want him anywhere near my program because his attitude and mouth outweigh his value. Everyone will see when the Jags trade him in a few years cause there tired of his ego. The only motor Dainty has that runs 100% of the time is his mouth motor. When he get's trucked by a few stud NFL RB's maybe he will put his money where his mouth is. If you can't tell I can't stand the guy and wether better for there scheme or not they made the wrong pick. And picking him that high will only give him more ego to run that trap even more.

Reactions: NJNOLES
I agree 100% that Williams was a better pick, had a higher motor, doesn't take plays off, & doesn't talk shi$ after every play even if he makes the tackle after we picked up a 1st down on a 35 yard run up his throat. Dainty's a good player & obviously a 1st round talent. But based on the fact he's a me 1st guy, talks more than he produces, and will be cancer in the locker room I would have went with Williams. If the Jags aren't winning and he's not on the field ever down next year the staff and locker room will see the true Dainty come out. He THINKS he's the best thing to ever put on a football uniform but in reality there have been 100 Gators that were way better including Kevin Carter. If there's 1 player in college football I loved to see us hammer every year it was Dainty Flower. If I were a GM or HC in the NFL I wouldn't want him anywhere near my program because his attitude and mouth outweigh his value. Everyone will see when the Jags trade him in a few years cause there tired of his ego. The only motor Dainty has that runs 100% of the time is his mouth motor. When he get's trucked by a few stud NFL RB's maybe he will put his money where his mouth is. If you can't tell I can't stand the guy and wether better for there scheme or not they made the wrong pick. And picking him that high will only give him more ego to run that trap even more.

His ego is exactly why I don't like him w/ the Jags... Telvin is a leader & Fowler isn't the type of guy to lead or follow (he's me first). Could end up being a Simeon Rice type personality which is basically a self-focused & strange personality, but the right leader (i.e., Derrick Brooks/Telvin Smith) will know how to deal with a guy like him. But dainty is a gator, and most gators wouldn't listen to a Nole... add to it that he'll be making more $$ than Telvin, and he could really hamper what Telvin started last season. I'm more worried about our #22 than the Jags.

Good lord man. It was four years ago. It's time to get over him choosing UF over us.

If Caldwell and the Jags FO thought he was all ego and a me-first player, I'm sure they wouldn't have even considered him.

Good lord man. It was four years ago. It's time to get over him choosing UF over us.

If Caldwell and the Jags FO thought he was all ego and a me-first player, I'm sure they wouldn't have even considered him.

They knew Justin Blackmon was an alcoholic but still picked him. You can even google it. Other teams put guys on Blackmon at OK St. to see what kind of guy he was and sure enough the idiot was at the bar all the damn time.

Reactions: NJNOLES
They knew Justin Blackmon was an alcoholic but still picked him. You can even google it. Other teams put guys on Blackmon at OK St. to see what kind of guy he was and sure enough the idiot was at the bar all the damn time.
I believe Blackmon was picked by the previous regime, not Caldwell and Bradley.

I believe Blackmon was picked by the previous regime, not Caldwell and Bradley.

You may be correct. Had a few beverages at the golf courses...anyways I do like Shad Khan, Caldwell & Gus. It's just taking a gator with the #3 pick in a gator infested town takes a toll on a die hard nole that puts the college game before the NFL.

That was a totally different regime. He's skating on very thin ice with this one, and more than likely will never play for the Jags again.

And who cares where we draft players from? If they draft someone from Florida, Miami, Clemson, etc., as long as they come in and help the Jaguars win I don't care. Go be a fan of another team with that kind of mentality.

Jaguars will be in London in less then 10 years......
this is like saying, "California will break away from the United States and float away in less then 10 years." Seriously people no team is ever going to London. The Jags are staying forever in Jax. I know its hard to swallow some times but Shad Kahn is a great owner and is really doing a fine job of revamping not only the franchise but the city. He is rebuilding the old abandoned ship yards to build practice facilities and improve the fan experience.

this is like saying, "California will break away from the United States and float away in less then 10 years." Seriously people no team is ever going to London. The Jags are staying forever in Jax. I know its hard to swallow some times but Shad Kahn is a great owner and is really doing a fine job of revamping not only the franchise but the city. He is rebuilding the old abandoned ship yards to build practice facilities and improve the fan experience.

The more they say it, the more they believe it. It's like people haven't gotten tired of looking like fools for the last 10+ years.

Reactions: JagNole`85
What is nonsense about it? It is true that his stats are average and that half of his sack production came against nonP5 competition. When you draft a DE/OLB at #3 he better be an elite pass rusher. Dainty is not an elite pass rusher. He's a good, versatile DE that can be disruptive at times but he has a questionable motor and me-first attitude and he rarely ever seems to get home.

Shane Ray had more sacks in 1 year than Dainty had in 3 and he went #23. Dainty being a top 10 pick is nothing but pure hype. He will likely be a bust in Jax, both because of his terrible attitude and his play on the field.
You stats guys must hate the JW #1 pick with the 18 interceptions he threw

That was a totally different regime. He's skating on very thin ice with this one, and more than likely will never play for the Jags again.

And who cares where we draft players from? If they draft someone from Florida, Miami, Clemson, etc., as long as they come in and help the Jaguars win I don't care. Go be a fan of another team with that kind of mentality.

Actually I will be rooting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers…thank you very much! Wish the best for Jacksonville and will continue to go to their games and root for them but I'm living a Bucs life now! FAMOUS JAMEIS BABY! He brought FSU back…I owe it to him!

Chris Clemons is 6'3" 254 and he plays the same position for Gus Bradley both in Seattle and in Jax that Fowler will bill playng at 6'3" 261. Wouldn't call him a tweener. He's a good fit scheme wise.
Well it's not like this thread was concerned with reality until this point, so why should they start now. One guy is even arguing they took him just because he was a gator. Probably the same guys who guaranteed they would take Tebow just for gator fans

Actually I will be rooting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers…thank you very much! Wish the best for Jacksonville and will continue to go to their games and root for them but I'm living a Bucs life now! FAMOUS JAMEIS BABY! He brought FSU back…I owe it to him!

A bandwagoner...nice. I can't wait to see how you act if Tampa takes a Gator with their first round pick next year. Are you gonna jump to the Dolphins?

I'm not saying we could've gotten Fowler. I'm saying a player(LEO) like him. There is a difference. Fowler was a reach at #3. There is a reas on why people are frustrated with the Jaguars, and it's because of stuff like this. Then, apart from the GM...the head coach pats millionaires on the back who just missed a sure tackle, and says "oh, golly gee, you'll get em next time!"
Is this a serious post?

A bandwagoner...nice. I can't wait to see how you act if Tampa takes a Gator with their first round pick next year. Are you gonna jump to the Dolphins?

Sorry I owe it all to Famous Jameis! College Football > NFL. Enjoy sharing brewskis with your gaturd friends in the Bud Zone and listening to Frank Frangie call the games (another gator homer & terrible voice for the Jags).

My comments had nothing to do with his recruitment and that's why I didn't mention it. I think the way he did FSU is another example of him being a me 1st person by lying to our staff and leaving them out to dry by not being truthful and communicating with them. The word around recruiting that year was we had the other DE the Jags passed on for Dainty had he not played our staff. Either way wether we had Williams or not he burned some bridges with the people at FSU that recruited him and you don't do that cause you may come back in contact with those coaches again on your way up. Can't remember if Sal was here that far back in Dainty's recruitment but if he was and Oakland had the 3rd pick they probably would have passed on him. It would have been hilarious if they did or if Jax had passed on him and picked MEJ over him. Again my comments really had nothing to do with his recruitment, they were strictly off of the way he carried himself in games including the ones against us. He can say he has no regrets in going to UF all he wants but deep down inside he knows he hated getting slapped around by us for 3 years and having no fat ring on his finger. If the comments the OP made about his stats only coming against bad competition are true then he was over rated. One things for sure he surely wasn't good enough to stop that powerful Georgia Southern from running it down his throat, I wonder how many plays from that game were on his highlight real lol!!!!

Where do you think he was during our tough stretch in the 2000's?

If it's so easy to jump teams who knows.

I was in the Doak Campbell Stadium during the stretch. LMAO dude! 2008-2012 FSU graduate! Riding with FSU since I was a child. Warrick Dunn was my first jersey. I actually believed all the hype on here about Budd freaking Thacker! Family tradition to be a Seminole. No one in my family graduated from Jacksonville Jaguar University. Always been the Noles!

Good grief what a bunch of geniuses on this board. Most of you sound like complete IDIOTS, please go be fans of another college team, because your I.Q. should not be high enough to root for FSU. If the Jags didn't pick Fowler at #3, then there would have been a slew of teams (Saints, Redskins, and probably a few more) that would have offerered trades to the Raiders to move up so they could take him. As far as defenders go, you can look at ANY mock draft and they listed Williams as 1 and Fowler as 1-a as far as the top defensive picks go. If you say ANYTHING ELSE, then you are a bleeping liar. If you are aware of the situation in Jacksonville, then you know that Shad Khan is about to spend more than $1 billion dollars to renovate the Shipyards adjacent to Everbank Field, so the Jags are probably not going anywhere anytime soon. The Jags now have MULTIPLE FSU players on their roster, so go ahead and jump ship or keep hating, whatever...the Jags are rebuilding and will be an improving team in the near future. Please think before you post, a bunch of you sound like you live in a van down by the river.

Good grief what a bunch of geniuses on this board. Most of you sound like complete IDIOTS, please go be fans of another college team, because your I.Q. should not be high enough to root for FSU. If the Jags didn't pick Fowler at #3, then there would have been a slew of teams (Saints, Redskins, and probably a few more) that would have offerered trades to the Raiders to move up so they could take him. As far as defenders go, you can look at ANY mock draft and they listed Williams as 1 and Fowler as 1-a as far as the top defensive picks go. If you say ANYTHING ELSE, then you are a bleeping liar. If you are aware of the situation in Jacksonville, then you know that Shad Khan is about to spend more than $1 billion dollars to renovate the Shipyards adjacent to Everbank Field, so the Jags are probably not going anywhere anytime soon. The Jags now have MULTIPLE FSU players on their roster, so go ahead and jump ship or keep hating, whatever...the Jags are rebuilding and will be an improving team in the near future. Please think before you post, a bunch of you sound like you live in a van down by the river.

But the keyboard GMs said he could have been had in the second round! His college stats even show that he's not a first round pick.

I was in the Doak Campbell Stadium during the stretch. LMAO dude! 2008-2012 FSU graduate! Riding with FSU since I was a child. Warrick Dunn was my first jersey. I actually believed all the hype on here about Budd freaking Thacker! Family tradition to be a Seminole. No one in my family graduated from Jacksonville Jaguar University. Always been the Noles!
You have to admit, you don't come across as the most loyal guy, especially if you are from Jacksonville. I grew up in south Florida, And live in Seattle. I am a Dolphin fan. It would probably be more rewarding to be a Seahawks fan but it is not an option. I am stuck with the Phins for life.

You have to admit, you don't come across as the most loyal guy, especially if you are from Jacksonville. I grew up in south Florida, And live in Seattle. I am a Dolphin fan. It would probably be more rewarding to be a Seahawks fan but it is not an option. I am stuck with the Phins for life.

I'll be the first to admit it. I am not a loyal NFL fan. I rooted for the Bucs as a kid because of Warrick Dunn. Cheered for the Jags because I was tired of hearing people in Tally bash my hometown, Duval, all the time (Jax Beach & Ponte Vedra are AWESOME!). FSU Football > Bucs, Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Braves, Jaguars, any other sport, team, organization, etc.

Reactions: HardiNole
Did you go to another team who has also drafted a first round bust, like everyone of them?
I was never a Jags fan, but I used to root for them before that. By the way, the worst part was that they were a playoff team at the time and after they gave away all of their picks to move up for the gator bust, they went on record and defended the move by saying those 3rd and 4th round picks wouldn't have made the team anyways. They haven't made the playoffs since... Sad sad sad.

I was never a Jags fan, but I used to root for them before that. By the way, the worst part was that they were a playoff team at the time and after they gave away all of their picks to move up for the gator bust, they went on record and defended the move by saying those 3rd and 4th round picks wouldn't have made the team anyways. They haven't made the playoffs since... Sad sad sad.

Cool story, bro. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Is this a serious post?

Um, yes. Gus Bradley has a mealy mouth voice, and never gets onto his players. He is the epitome of a player's coach. Fowler was a reach. The only reason the "experts" mocked the Jags to draft him at 3, was because they know the Jaguars have a rich history of head-scratchers. They are predictably stupid. I've been a Jags fan since they came in the league, and their worst decision was getting rid of Coughlin.

Why make stuff up?

Definitely not making anything up. We could've gotten a guy like him in the 2nd...or if we were so desperate for a "LEO"...then we probably could've traded some of next year's picks to a team picking in the 1st round and gotten Bud Dupree later. I don't know how you could pass up Sherff/Williams/Cooper for Fowler...and his stats aren't 3rd pick in the draft-worthy. Keep throwing in your 2 cents. Are you a closet Gator fan or something? Or were you one of the guys who defended Gene Smith's small school, nice guy draft picks, who are all out of the league now?

I mean as a jags fan I'm happy with the picks. Yeldon is sick, Fowler is a beast when he wants and money and job security will most certainly motivate him. You can't base every pick on previous blunders by other administration that was in charge. Williams has injury issues and is a stretch to pick there as well. Cooper I understand is solid choice, but we also picked up Greene which is great for such a late round pick. Fowler's motor is unmatched and if you think that isn't true I'm not sure which player you all have watched. When Fowler wanted to get to the qb he did. He also chased plays down the field which is a great showing of his motor. I'm by far a gator fan, but I understand talent and he has it. I'm good with it. Yea you could say we could have traded back, but there are no guarantees that the draft would play out how you hoped it would, so you do the best you can with whats in front of you.

I understand FSU fans don't like Fowler since he pulled the NSD crap, but the Jags needed someone with his talent to rush opposing quarterbacks. i would have liked to see the Jags take Cooper, but they gambled and made the right move by addressing the LEO position first and then picking up Greene -- who was a steal in the 5th round. IMO, the Jags are a better team today than they were before the draft and I believe their top 5 five draft picks will eventually start as rookies.

Finally, whoever thinks that Fowler would last past the 10th pick is nuts. Don't like the guy but he's a talented player with unique size, speed and quickness.

Last edited:
Definitely not making anything up. We could've gotten a guy like him in the 2nd...or if we were so desperate for a "LEO"...then we probably could've traded some of next year's picks to a team picking in the 1st round and gotten Bud Dupree later. I don't know how you could pass up Sherff/Williams/Cooper for Fowler...and his stats aren't 3rd pick in the draft-worthy. Keep throwing in your 2 cents. Are you a closet Gator fan or something? Or were you one of the guys who defended Gene Smith's small school, nice guy draft picks, who are all out of the league now?

Why do people keep referencing stats when drafting players? College stats are irrelevant when it comes to drafting. If stats mattered, Timmy Chang and Graham Harrell would have been first round QBs and Jameis wouldn't have gone #1.

Um, yes. Gus Bradley has a mealy mouth voice, and never gets onto his players. He is the epitome of a player's coach. Fowler was a reach. The only reason the "experts" mocked the Jags to draft him at 3, was because they know the Jaguars have a rich history of head-scratchers. They are predictably stupid. I've been a Jags fan since they came in the league, and their worst decision was getting rid of Coughlin.

This is incredibly stupid and makes no sense. "I'm gonna mock Fowler to the Jags at three because they've made dumb decisions in the past."

Two completely different players for sure, but the Jags should have gone with the best player available on defense and that is Williams. Time will tell and I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Williams will be a long time pro bowl player. I don't feel that way about Fowler.
For what it's worth, the Jags had Fowler rated above Williams and also considered Fowler's position (Leo - rush-end/OLB in their scheme) more of a need than Williams who would have been more of a big DE/inside player. You are right, only time will tell, but I think they both will be very good, even though I'm still ticked about the way Fowler shafted us on NSD.

Also, the Redskins and Falcons both coveted Fowler. So this notion that he was overrated or could have been had later is false.

I didn't love the Yeldon pick, but the Jags clearly had him as their third best back and the new regime has shown an ability to evaluate talent so I'll trust them.

And then the rest of the draft was serendipity. Getting Greene that late was crazy awesome and then getting Michael Bennet after that was awesomeballs.

To the guy going on and on like a doofus, Jags are getting all A's from the experts so just do yourself a favor and shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT