ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis files counter-suit

Was gonna post this 15 min ago but can't find the "post new thread" spot in the top right where it's supposed to be

Reactions: fsumcd
Oh man I hope this puts EKs team of extortionist on the defense!!!

He's only going after her so far.

My guess is to try and get her to quit so everyone else has to. If she won't quit then he goes after the whole crew.

He has more money than she does, which means his army of lawyers will rain down upon her and Uncle Pat with the weight of a thousand planets. My guess is that she drops the suit.

He's only going after her so far.

My guess is to try and get her to quit so everyone else has to. If she won't quit then he goes after the whole crew.

Oh please bring Aunt Pat out of the shadows. Cornwell is ready to go!

Reactions: KevNole
I'm a huge fan of outstanding litigators. I read every word of the answer and counterclaim, and consider it one of the finest, most effective pleadings I've ever read. If Jameis's attorneys are even half as good at oral argument as they are at drafting pleadings, Jameis is extremely well represented in Ms. Kinsman's suicidal lawsuit. Jameis's responsive pleading is a work of art.

Reactions: CJRN
Cliffs on the good stuff?

Now that this is no longer on the TC...

"However, Ms. Kinsman has been successful in one major area. She has mounted a false and vicious media campaign to vilify Mr. Winston with the objective of getting him to pay her to go away. Ms. Kinsman is motivated by the most insidious objectives — greed. Ms. Kinsman abused administrative proceedings and obstructed criminal investigations to construct a false tale, upon which she intends to rely in this action against Mr. Winston.
The web that Ms. Kinsman has spun for herself contradicts her repeated admissions that she does not know what happened on the evening of December 6, 2012 and the morning of December 7, 2012."

I'm a huge fan of outstanding litigators. I read every word of the answer and counterclaim, and consider it one of the finest, most effective pleadings I've ever read. If Jameis's attorneys are even half as good at oral argument as they are at drafting pleadings, Jameis is extremely well represented in Ms. Kinsman's suicidal lawsuit. Jameis's responsive pleading is a work of art.

I agree this was very well written. If you watch some videos on youtube of Cromwell you can see he clearly knows what he is doing and would be good in a courtroom.

I also liked his argument for dismissal of the suit on the basis of "res judicata." That's definitely an angle I didn't think about before. It likely won't work...but I think it's a solid argument.

Great response to an obvious shakedown. So, in accordance with all the will JW settle threads, will EK settle? And if so, how much will she pay JW not to put her on the stand subject to cross-exam?

I agree this was very well written. If you watch some videos on youtube of Cromwell you can see he clearly knows what he is doing and would be good in a courtroom.

I also liked his argument for dismissal of the suit on the basis of "res judicata." That's definitely an angle I didn't think about before. It likely won't work...but I think it's a solid argument.
I raised this as a long shot argument months ago as a reason for Winston's team to somewhat welcome a more full hearing at FSU at which Kinsman's counsel got to participate - to fulfill the requirements of the defense of defensive collateral estoppel (the real term; it's not truly res judicata.

LOL. I suppose you are unfamiliar with what "cliffs" means. I am too lazy to read a 63 page legal brief.

Don't be lazy. This is worth the effort. Cliffs is really not possible. This attorney just systematically rebuts every claim she has made. He essentially calls her a liar and cheat.

For us non legal types what is res judicata?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT