ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Jaguars (Urban Meyer hired)

Haskins is already out of the league as of right now and Fields plays a bunch of nobodies
You keep charging the playing field on Fields. First it was the curse of OSU QB's and now it's the nobodies he is lighting up. Im going to disagree and say he is a really good QB as proven last night. He will go high in the draft. The rest we shall see.

Clemson disagrees with you
He played one decent game and now he is all world...he looked terrible vs NW and Indiana and even some of his deep balls were really under thrown where the WR had to almost stop and make a catch at his back hip

You keep charging the playing field on Fields. First it was the curse of OSU QB's and now it's the nobodies he is lighting up. Im going to disagree and say he is a really good QB as proven last night. He will go high in the draft. The rest we shall see.
Well we can’t discuss Fields vs the NFL since he’s not there yet so what else can u factor in right now? He lit up NW? Like u said we will see but I just don’t see it w him...he holds the ball and the few times Clemson did pressure him w a blitz he took a sack or threw a pick

Barrett-Undrafted
Smith-174 5th round
Germaine-101 4th round
Pryor- Not Drafted
Jones-139 4th round
Hoying-85 3rd round

Ryan Day only coach Haskins and JT Barrett (1 of 5 years at OSU). So because these guys didn't pan out, every QB OSU turns out is destined to be "terrible in the NFL"? Hope nobody ever tells that to an FSU QB recruit. We would be in trouble with our history.
Pryor went in 3rd round in suppm draft

Stats don't matter when evaluating a player?

Enjoy your evening sir. We have taken this conversation as far as it will ever go. Happy New Year.
I’m talking about the plays where he threw into triple coverage and under threw his WRs...those plays do matter...good day

If this rumor comes to fruition and Meyer becomes the Jags coach, it will get really interesting in Jax. Yes there are Nole fans in Jax, but it’s mainly Gator territory. Gator fans despise Meyer even though he won them two championships. Where this will become humorous is with the sports talk radio guys in Jax. Dan Hicken, Jeff Prosser and Frank Frankie are all big time Gator homers. Frangie is the voice of the Jaguars. I guess they will have to change their toon if Urban comes to town. From a business perspective, apparently Shad Khan isn’t to concerned about this issue even though the vast number of Jaguar season ticket holders are Gators. Of course Shad didn’t fold to the immense pressure Gator fans were giving him to sign Tim Tebow 8 years ago either so maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

To be clear, a lot of the people calling him a fool is because he brought Trask into the conversation.
I brought up Trask for two reasons, one, he is pretty good passer and did it game in and game out against a lot of good defenses, sure he is like Andy Dalton but to think he will be a bust is not very defendable.

the second reason is that he went to uf, and jax is a huge Uf town, so I find it somewhat of a conundrum that the jax GM could be in.

he could trade down to like 4, get another first, take the bama heisman WR, and then take Trasklater on, and who knows what else.

Trask is a very good passer,very accurate and will throw for lots of yards in the nfl, and so far it looks like not a lot of ints

instead, jax will be forced to take Trevor regardless of what he really wants to do, he is stuck if he thinks that Trevor is overrated,

Trevor throws one kind of pass, and that is a bullet and yes his bullet can go 75yds but that really does not mean success in the nfl. Tom Brady is a multiple pass kind of guy and that is why he wins a lot of games.

Last time I checked Brady went 6th round so using Trevor math Brady would never have sniffed the first pick this year.

It reminds of the love affair people have with speed at the combine, but in many instances it never turns into production, running a 4.3 is one thing but can you catch and run routes. Not every fast guy plays like tyreek hill.

To be clear, a lot of the people calling him a fool is because he brought Trask into the conversation.

I could be wrong, since I'm not going back to check, but I do believe people were acting as if he was foolish prior to that comment.

One way to look smart most of the time is to say the most highly sought after qb in the draft will not be nearly as successful in the NFL. Most of them are disappointments. Joe Burrow so far looks pretty good but we still do not know for sure how is going to turn out. Jameis and Marcus both have been disappointments based on where they were drafted. Quarterback seems to be one of the most difficult positions to evaluate in reference the move to college to pro. Having said that it is hard to pass up the chance to draft a franchise changing player. Those are usually quarterbacks. I would draft him if I was Jacksonville and take my chances. With all Belichicks trading back he has not stockpiled enough talent for losing his franchise quarterback.

That's a fair assessment, and more evidence that the OP's stance isn't foolish. In regards to NE, you've got a one in a million chance of replacing the GOAT with anything close to as good (also don't care for Brady - for the record, but he is the GOAT). It's really hard to act like his process hasn't worked incredibly well. It's also backed up by common sense and statistics.

I brought up Trask for two reasons, one, he is pretty good passer and did it game in and game out against a lot of good defenses, sure he is like Andy Dalton but to think he will be a bust is not very defendable.

the second reason is that he went to uf, and jax is a huge Uf town, so I find it somewhat of a conundrum that the jax GM could be in.

he could trade down to like 4, get another first, take the bama heisman WR, and then take Trasklater on, and who knows what else.

Trask is a very good passer,very accurate and will throw for lots of yards in the nfl, and so far it looks like not a lot of ints

instead, jax will be forced to take Trevor regardless of what he really wants to do, he is stuck if he thinks that Trevor is overrated,

Trevor throws one kind of pass, and that is a bullet and yes his bullet can go 75yds but that really does not mean success in the nfl. Tom Brady is a multiple pass kind of guy and that is why he wins a lot of games.

Last time I checked Brady went 6th round so using Trevor math Brady would never have sniffed the first pick this year.

It reminds of the love affair people have with speed at the combine, but in many instances it never turns into production, running a 4.3 is one thing but can you catch and run routes. Not every fast guy plays like tyreek hill.

Lol at all of this.

all over the internet he is talking to players coaches and friends about the job and the pros and cons and if he takes it assembling a staff

Even though the Jags are close to Tallahassee, I’ve never been a fan. Curious if he would take the job and if he would be successful? Honestly I hope he takes it and fails miserably with Sunshine as his QB.... Sorry Jags fans

Reactions: BriSape23
Chargers also open. Wonder if Harbaugh will make the move?
I don’t understand this move...Herbert was great and just started to learn that system now he needs to learn a completely new system unless they plan on keeping the OC...also Chargers were devastated w injuries

Reactions: miawisenole
You know how you just can't turn your eyes from a train wreck? Slow down to see a car crash?
If it's Urban he'll no doubt insist the Jags sign only the Top 1% of the Top 1% in NFL Talent. 😂
I love train wrecks. Urban with Lawrence would be must watch Sunday. Especially considering urban has a panic attack after every loss.

I don’t understand this move...Herbert was great and just started to learn that system now he needs to learn a completely new system unless they plan on keeping the OC...also Chargers were devastated w injuries
His end of game management was worse than Dan Quinn’s. In the NFL so many games are close games. You have to have a coach that can manage that part of it. Great coordinator and a great man. Just not a very good NFL coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT