ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup 2018

Dang it Sergio. Nice putt

Last edited:
Well crap. I Jinxed them. Great clutch putt by Sergio

Likley 8 to 4 going into afternoon foursomes. We might be in trouble.

Helluva start. Am I weird for wanting US to win but not totally dominate so there’s some drama on Sunday? The Sunday’s singles matches are the best but a lot less fun if the title is all but wrapped up.

Hey Quaz, have the Euros been competitive enough for you so far? Can you remove the pins from the voodoo dolls & let us win a point - or even a half- before we are closed out? :)

Woods has been awful. Dont understand that pick for the afternoon

I’m gonna lose it if Phil is out there in foursomes

Afternoon pairings are out. Phil and Reed sitting. Surprised slightly that Tiger is going again, but we don’t have a lot of options. Phil is playing like crap, so are Bubba and Reed. Ugly.

Think Reed has to hand over the shield to Justin Thomas.

Exactly.. he’s too busy trying to always be shushing the crowd.. that style doesn’t really work in golf.

JT is quickly climbing in my personal favorite golfers list.

Poulter's teeing off with an iron on the par 4 1st.

After contact, fan yells "Get in the hole!" o_O

Issue all along, why I picked Europe, is the US driving accuracy relative to how Bjorn would set up the course. This was never ours to win but dang we’re playing awful.

Feels like I’m watching the Labor Day Virginia Tech game again.

What’s up with the on course audio or lack there of? It’s so weird. Dead silence except for the announcers.

The only plus I see coming out of this embarrassment is that the network who forced All Tiger, All Day on us this year will take a financial bath tomorrow when nobody tunes in to watch.

The only plus I see coming out of this embarrassment is that the network who forced All Tiger, All Day on us this year will take a financial bath tomorrow when nobody tunes in to watch.
It ain't over yet! Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

Reactions: cmanole
That’s every network who covers golf bc he moves the needle. This is always such a silly complaint by “golf guy”. Networks cover what most people want to see bc they want as many eyeballs as possible watching. If people didn’t want to watch Tiger he wouldn’t get all the coverage, it’s really that simple.

So we will start singles out down 10-6. Needing 8 points to retain. I would send Spieth and Thomas out first to hopefully get some positive energy early.

So we will start singles out down 10-6. Needing 8 points to retain. I would send Spieth and Thomas out first to hopefully get some positive energy early.
When Jordan & Justin were buddies in junior golf, I wonder if they ever imagined playing in the Ryder Cup together....

We had a great comeback tonight after being out of it at half today , can the good guys do it tomorrow. Down big at half, but some good match ups if our guys play to their level

Here is the line up
Outstanding first match. Thomas has been our best player, need that 1st point and hopefully quickly
Sunday Singles (ET)

6:05 a.m. — Justin Thomas vs. Rory McIlroy
6:17 a.m. — Paul Casey vs. Brooks Koepka
6:29 a.m. — Webb Simpson vs. Justin Rose
6:41 a.m. — Tiger Woods vs. Jon Rahm
6:53 a.m. — Tony Finau vs. Tommy Fleetwood
7:05 a.m. — Dustin Johnson vs. Ian Poulter
7:17 a.m. — Jordan Spieth vs. Thorbjorn Olesen
7:29 a.m. — Rickie Fowler vs. Sergio Garcia
7:41a.m. — Phil Mickelson vs. Franceso Molinari
7:53 a.m. — Patrick Reed vs. Tyrrell Hatton
8:00 a.m. — Bubba Watson vs. Henrik Stenson
8:17 a.m. — Bryson DeChambeau vs. Alex Norren

Reactions: NoleLizards
How much of this is on the lack of adjustments in the pairings by Furyk?
Furyk has made awful picks and awful pairings. Bryson nor Phil should have ever been on this team. Then sitting Fowler and Finau for the likes of Phil and Bryson is just beyond me. Tom Watson is smiling tonight.

Reactions: cmanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT