ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Bowl Season Thread!

The Bahamas Bowl was good earlier and the Armed Forces Bowl has been a good game as well. I know many people say there are too many Bowl Games, but I have no problem watching them all!

When did Hawaii get an apostrophe?

Around the same time they started referring to New Zealand as Aotearoa. Suddenly the native names are in vogue this year. I saw that name (aotearoa) being used in the Polynesian Cultural Center several times and in a bunch of the Luaus I was looking into for my New Years trip and I had no clue wth they were referring to as even a couple of years ago when I was in the Maori parts and going to traditional hangi celebrations they didn't call it Aotearoa.

517.gif

Reactions: GoNolesTX
How exactly did a 5-7 Miss State team qualify for a bowl game?

This was a quote from the Hattiesburg American this morning.

"Mississippi State has a losing record but qualified for a bowl berth becuase of its NCAA Academic Progress Rate"

Whatever the hell that means.

This was a quote from the Hattiesburg American this morning.

"Mississippi State has a losing record but qualified for a bowl berth becuase of its NCAA Academic Progress Rate"

Whatever the hell that means.
Using the term "Academic Progress" with any SEC team not named Vanderbilt is a farce.

Well not sure what if anything it means but BC is destroying MD. Both are bottom dwellers in their conference, but MD had 3 conference wins vs. 2 for BC.

Holiday Bowl should be fun... making sure it's on mute since I don't know how much actual football will be talked about.

Cactus Bowl should actually be a good game. Even though it's yet another bowl game played on a baseball field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT