ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread!!

The ESPN commentators are just giddy about out loss.

Well so far it has been a boring day with almost all of the favorites winning. So unless Stanford loses along with Utah (which is looking likely at least), we're going to be this weeks Michigan. Only worse because Georgia Tech has sucked all season.

Oh well, like I said this opens up a lot of great weekends for me now that I'm officially off the bandwagon and the Bucs are pretty terrible as expected. And now my decision is, which booze to drown my anger in as the team looked lacksadaiscal in all facets? I'm thinking maybe some Johnny Green or maybe some Maple Crown since I'm not breaking out the good stuff to celebrate this pile of #*%* our team laid.

O line killed us in 4th qrtr. Including the last play. If u can't block them for the kick at least tackle on the run back

Reactions: CJRN
Oh well, like I said this opens up a lot of great weekends for me now that I'm officially off the bandwagon and the Bucs are pretty terrible as expected. And now my decision is, which booze to drown my anger in as the team looked lacksadaiscal in all facets? I'm thinking maybe some Johnny Green or maybe some Maple Crown since I'm not breaking out the good stuff to celebrate this pile of #*%* our team laid.

I'm shifting from good beer to the Old Milwaukee I keep in the fridge for when my father in law is over.

OL is STILL shit and getting worse.
Too many poor throws.
Not enough feeding Dalvin. He's the horse and we didn't ride him?
Too much settling for FGs in the red zone STILL!

We are just not getting better as the season goes on and now we lose to a 2-5 team. SMFH

Reactions: CJRN
OL is STILL shit and getting worse.
Too many poor throws.
Not enough feeding Dalvin. He's the horse and we didn't ride him?
Too much settling for FGs in the red zone STILL!

We are just not getting better as the season goes on and now we lose to a 2-5 team. SMFH

I'm still suspicious that Dalvin is not even 80% healthy. He grabbed at his leg at least twice that I saw and we used him as more of a decoy and blocker than anything else. It makes me thing if ANY of the backups were even competent he probably wouldn't have played this week.

Jack Daniel's Honey. The Yellow Jackets waxed our ass. Might as well turn into a rambling wreck.

I'm thinking the rest of the college football nation is having a drink over this.

We just made a lot of people's day.

It's not so much that we lost, but it's how we lost. SMH/

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Aside from Dalvin that might be the worst offense we've put on the field since the lost decade.

I'd agree with that other than I think Golson is a quality QB. Not Jameis level, but pretty decent to maybe even good. And for a bunch of youngins the OLine isn't bad. But when Kermit and Bobo both of whom should be third option slots are by default our go to WRs you know we're screwed in the passing game. I love Kermit, but he should not be an every down WR yet because none of the highly ranked youngsters have matured we're screwed with smurfs on the outside. And like I said, the fact that it's obvious Jimbo doesn't trust any of the RBs other than Dalvin and the now gone Pender means we basically have a passable OLine and a good QB with no one to pass to and only one half cripple to hand off to. The young TEs are looking good I suppose so that's one more decent bright spot.

I am so glad I didn't waste $200 to go to this game! I don't even think they're worth it this year.

Jack Daniel's Honey. The Yellow Jackets waxed our ass. Might as well turn into a rambling wreck.

I'd agree but too sweet for me. Maple Crown has a nice maple flavor but isn't overly sweet. Now that low rent Dickel I keep around solely for cooking may get swigged later tonight out of anger.

If there's a bright side, it's that we now have nothing to lose the rest of the year. Maybe we open things up on offense & start playing with aggression instead of playing to avoid making a game-losing mistake.

I am so glad I didn't waste $200 to go to this game! I don't even think they're worth it this year.

If my wife wasn't preparing for her second actuarial exam to be taken tomorrow I would definitely have been there for this debacle.

If there's a bright side, it's that we now have nothing to lose the rest of the year. Maybe we open things up on offense & start playing with aggression instead of playing to avoid making a game-losing mistake.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we beat Clemson screwing up the ACCs shot of getting a team in the playoffs.

Oh well, I hope we demolish the Gators.

Reactions: dmm5157

Bowden played scared in his later years. I understand easing in the young uns and Golson getting used to the system, but I think I'd be better with us playing aggressive and crushing teams at the risk of losing than playing scared and every game being close. I don't know, I don't mind grinding out wins as long as we win. IDK what the hell I think at this point, just play to win and don't make stupid mistakes. Anyone got booze to spare?

Reactions: RTM58
I'm still suspicious that Dalvin is not even 80% healthy. He grabbed at his leg at least twice that I saw and we used him as more of a decoy and blocker than anything else. It makes me thing if ANY of the backups were even competent he probably wouldn't have played this week.
Remember, our #2 back Mario Pender spent a week in the hospital after a collapsed lung. The #3 that was getting reps had a grand total one one carry in his career before injury pressed him into service. So yeah, Jimbo probably doesn't have a ton of confidence in the backups right now.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Bowden played scared in his later years. I understand easing in the young uns and Golson getting used to the system, but I think I'd be better with us playing aggressive and crushing teams at the risk of losing than playing scared and every game being close. I don't know, I don't mind grinding out wins as long as we win. IDK what the hell I think at this point, just play to win and don't make stupid mistakes. Anyone got booze to spare?

I will email you half a can of warm Old Milwaukee.

You're high if you think Golson is a good qb. He left 20 points on that field tonite.

Nah, I just plugged his stats including this bad game into the old QB rating formula and he would be around a 158 in the college system and a 107 in the NFL system. That's good enough for the 14th best QB in college football last year. By no means great, but I think being just outside of the top 10% of starting QBs is "good". And that's with no decent perimeter WRs, Young TEs and a young OLine.

Join me with 2 or 5 titos and tonic with a wedge of lime, and if I make it past midnight, Im going Wild Turkey 101 (sarcastic thanks to @FreeFlyNole for introducing me to this great bad decision making bourbon...)

Join me with 2 or 5 titos and tonic with a wedge of lime, and if I make it past midnight, Im going Wild Turkey 101 (sarcastic thanks to @FreeFlyNole for introducing me to this great bad decision making bourbon...)

Oddly enough I've got all of that. The Kickin Chicken I keep around for smuggling purposes (games, theme parks etc) and Titos is a great mixing vodka. I keep Titos and Russian Standard Platinum around as my mixing vodkas. If I didn't have to drive my wife to her test at 7 in the morning tomorrow I would definitely match you. Instead it's just a couple highballs of whiskey.

I don't have a big problem with Golson, I think he may have gotten his bell rung twice tonight and Jimbo kept him in.

OL and stupid penalties were just ridiculous,

How do you get to this level and not know how to line up for a play?

Reactions: CJRN and FSUTribe76
I will email you half a can of warm Old Milwaukee.

Cool, I got ice.
if we were close, I would spot you all you could handle... might even dig up an old box of wine outta the stash.

Cool, if any night was good for a boxsit, this would be it. I have a bar a couple blocks walk, but there will be Gators and hostiles there and I might end up getting thrown in jail. That or on a fluke, grab their drinks and run back home without anyone catching me. That's a long shot, but sometimes things happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT