ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR NCAA March Madness Drinking Game Thread!

Few if any expected this kind of run. In many ways I think this season was better than last season's 27 win season.
Another way of looking at it that makes me feel better, and no disrespect to these guys on this year’s team,, but I doubt there is one guy on our current team who has legit NBA career. The last time we made it to elite 8 in 1993, the team had four NBA players on it, Doug Edwards (3 years) , Charlie Ward (11 years), Bob Sura (10 years), and Sam Cassell (15 years, NBA all star ). Preseason many knew the 92-93 team would be solid but the three seeded 1992-1993 noles lost by 25 to Kentucky. So this group of junk yard dogs, in rebuilding year picked by most to finish in bottom half to third of ACC, came the closest team to reach Final 4 since 72 and had the second best season all time because of it. Took out a 1 and 4 seed in NCAA. Beat UNC. Demolished a ranked Florida in their gym. Beat a ranked Miami and Clemson. Beat traditional schools like Louisville and Syracuse. It was incredible year.

Agreed. Some of this year’s kids may well go on to terrific pro careers... who knows. What stands out is the closeness, unselfish play, next man up mentality, good students/nice people quality, deference to instruction/coaching that permeated this season.
From a distance, I would have no problem with my daughter going on a date with any of those kids. They to a man seem to be good peeps. No pics or any of that, but the Noles playing basketball for Leonard are uniformly good students and nice kids.
Leonard continues to recruit solid citizens who embrace the student in student/ athlete, which is certainly a breath of fresh air.
Durn, they came close this year. Watch out, ‘cause next year may be better!

Few if any expected this kind of run. In many ways I think this season was better than last season's 27 win season.
In almost all ways this season was better than last. Last year's squad had NBA talent and should have made the Sweet 16 (based on seeding) and lost in the Round 32. This year's team is full of role players and barely made the tournament, yet made the Elite Eight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT