ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR NCAA March Madness Drinking Game Thread!

I think we were on several people's bubbles, but forget the "barely" part. Can we agree that we weren't playing very well during the month before the tournament? If so, how do all the reasons that caused that level of play get corrected so fast?

I couldn't be happier for Hamilton and the players and all of us...this is fun. I just really don't know what could have happened to create this kind of turnaround.
There was an “interesting interaction” between PJ Savoy and Braian Angola in an earlier tourney game. During a timeout, Ham grabbed Savoy by the jersey in order to get him focused. Perhaps this article can give us some clues...
http://seminoles.com/honesty-amongst-players-built-hoops-culture/

Last edited:
I think we were on several people's bubbles, but forget the "barely" part. Can we agree that we weren't playing very well during the month before the tournament? If so, how do all the reasons that caused that level of play get corrected so fast?

I couldn't be happier for Hamilton and the players and all of us...this is fun. I just really don't know what could have happened to create this kind of turnaround.

I ignored the barely part of you original comment and agree. Even people here were talking about "can we even make it in?" 1 and done in ACC tourney didn't help. Plus if you watched the St Mary Utah game, they looked good. End of year slide.. etc etc. I am glad they dont seem to hold a team's previous tourney history against them when selecting the in v out. It would be great to hear what changed. We watched 3 games at the end of the season and now this team. Definitely a drastically different level of play. And it wasn't expected (check this groups brackets), but it is fun to watch.

^^^
I bet he's posting on Warchant. What's his screen name DFS?

I've never suggested that Hamilton should be fired...I'm not smart enough to know why we play like we do. But the fact is we barely made it into the tournament, and I doubt anyone here had any expectations that we'd go this deep.

It's wonderful to see the team play like this when it really matters, but the question remains...why did this group of guys look so erratic during the regular season and in the ACC tournament?
Where you are confused is they did not look erratic and terrible the whole season. See, this is how they snuck up on you and rest of country. Granted, this is still a dream, but if you watched this team in November through January 3; you would have seen it was a top 10 caliber team, 12-2. To this point, they rolled good teams on the road, including an epic beat Down on the Gators and quality road win in Big 10 challenge. They also played Duke to the wire at Cameron and then beat UNC. But then two things happened, Chris K came back and upset the flow of team and the ACC brute of a schedule happened. And they faltered. But even then, they still took out ranked Miami and Clemson teams and had number 1 UVA on ropes. They still beat a tough Louisville team. And beat a future sweet 16 Cuse team. All AFTER they stopped playing at there best. So, I think most people who watched FSU all season are not at all surprised they could play with the big boys and make a run. More so we are just so happy they did put it back together and returned to our first half of season form. This was a special team and you could see it in November and it was announced to world on December 4th.

Someone with Photoshop skills could have a field day with this pic.

i

Got to love espn. Right now their main lead off article is on Atlanta bracket and Loyola and KSU advancing to face each other. Top headlines onside and articles below more articles...on Kentucky, Michigan and today’s games. Not a thing on front page about FSU upset.
Still nothing about FSU
Actually their main page seems to be downplaying the entire tournament at this point.

The TV guys sure hate it when they lose their "marquee" names. Their nightmare championship game is probably Florida State and Texas Tech.

And I understand that our team looked good at times during the year, but in the ten games prior to the tournament we were 4-6. I'm always looking for reasons that things happen, and I can't find a good one to explain our turnaround.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
The TV guys sure hate it when they lose their "marquee" names. Their nightmare championship game is probably Florida State and Texas Tech.

And I understand that our team looked good at times during the year, but in the ten games prior to the tournament we were 4-6. I'm always looking for reasons that things happen, and I can't find a good one to explain our turnaround.

One word: defense.

Early in the season, I kept thinking, "How far could we go if we'd just play D like a classic Ham team to go with an improved offense?"

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Gotta admit, all I really hope for is that this team equals last year’s mark for wins with 26.

Will Loyola join LSU ('86), George Mason ('06) and VCU ('11) to make the Final Four as an 11 seed?

I just really stopped and thought about it, but Loyola, Michigan or FSU will play for the Championship. I don't think I had any if the 3 teams getting past the 2nd round.

We bringing our c game to offense with these turnovers. And winning because of our defense A game.

We've got to get it together. We are outplaying them and then making crappy passes. With the hard-officiating on the travels and foul calls, we can't have it this tight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT