ADVERTISEMENT

WARCHANT Bourbon Thread

Looking to trade a bottle of Blantons Gold (2018) if anyone wants to make an offer. I’m not really up to speed on what’s equitable but looks like it’s getting $300ish in razzles if that helps from a secondary standpoint.

Blantons Gold from the Cup!
E241777-B-0-AB3-46-F3-BBA9-F1-D0-DDEAD9-FD.jpg

Reactions: FSU_Chris and -OB1-
Blantons Gold from the Cup!
E241777-B-0-AB3-46-F3-BBA9-F1-D0-DDEAD9-FD.jpg

Much deserved win after last year! TB is kinda my second team behind the Blues. My entire family is from the STL area so I grew up a Cards & Blues fan, but I was born & raised in the Orlando area, so I got a soft spot for the Lighting. Plus I’m a Bucs fan so...

Great pour for the Stanley Cup!

I drink it too fast to collect it. FYI though if you’re looking for a great bourbon at a great price. A Nole Friend just released, in partnership with Terry Bradshaw, Bradshaw Bourbon. You can get it at ABC. It’s really good, try it.

I drink it too fast to collect it. FYI though if you’re looking for a great bourbon at a great price. A Nole Friend just released, in partnership with Terry Bradshaw, Bradshaw Bourbon. You can get it at ABC. It’s really good, try it.
I believe Bradshaw Bourbon was released by Silver Screen Bottling Company. The same company that released James T Kirk Bourbon.

Looking to trade a bottle of Blantons Gold (2018) if anyone wants to make an offer. I’m not really up to speed on what’s equitable but looks like it’s getting $300ish in razzles if that helps from a secondary standpoint.
What are you looking for? I have over 110 bottles of Bourbon.

I'll restart - to we mortals without access to Pappy's ….
.. .take it

- neat or with a cube

- Blanton's or Wellers?
- Woodford or Makers?
- Old Forrester or Jefferson's?

- Ever acceptable to have a slice of lime with bourbon?

Why is bourbon better than other US whiskey? What about Yippee Ki Yay

Is Rye whiskey better than Canadian Whiskey or Tennessee Whiskey?

Crown Royal or Jack Daniels?

What goes best with a cigar ….

Please … anything but more waiting on Bob ….
Pau hana tonight is Strannahans followed up with Old Forester barrel proof - life is good today

The local store owner said they will open a bottle of OF Birthday later this month for free shots. I'm definitely going to hit them up for that.

How much do you like that willet up top? I’ve had the chance to buy it, but haven’t been big on buying stuff I haven’t tried.

It really depends on which one you get. All the rye’s are good IMO if you’re getting them at msrp. The higher proofed ones at 120+ are really good. The bourbon needs time IMO. Most of those you’ll see now are 6 year bourbon. That’s Willet’s own distillate. Just not my thing

How is the EC toasted barrel?

I like it! It’s a tad sweeter & a little less spicy than the regular Small Batch. I don’t like it as much as the barrel proof though.;)

It really depends on which one you get. All the rye’s are good IMO if you’re getting them at msrp. The higher proofed ones at 120+ are really good. The bourbon needs time IMO. Most of those you’ll see now are 6 year bourbon. That’s Willet’s own distillate. Just not my thing

I like it! It’s a tad sweeter & a little less spicy than the regular Small Batch. I don’t like it as much as the barrel proof though.;)

I'm going to Heaven Hill Friday and hopefully can pick one up. I really like the Michter's toasted stuff.

Reactions: -OB1-
I'm going to Heaven Hill Friday and hopefully can pick one up. I really like the Michter's toasted stuff.

I was just up there last weekend. You might wanna get there a little early. There were lines there when we showed up & all we wanted was a grenade lol. KY flippers trying to make some lunch money. I picked up two EC toasted & a Old Fitz 9 though. They also had a beer barrel aged EC grenade that I picked up.

I was just up there last weekend. You might wanna get there a little early. There were lines there when we showed up & all we wanted was a grenade lol. KY flippers trying to make some lunch money. I picked up two EC toasted & a Old Fitz 9 though. They also had a beer barrel aged EC grenade that I picked up.

Yeah I plan to get there early. Hoping top get an Old Fitz and a WHH.

Yeah I plan to get there early. Hoping top get an Old Fitz and a WHH.

Looks like right now they are getting them in randomly throughout the week & only a few cases. I didn’t see any William Heavenhill either of the days I went. If you don’t find it in Bardstown, sometimes Evan Williams in L’ville will have some...if you ask. Sometimes it’ll be in the cabinet lol.

Looks like right now they are getting them in randomly throughout the week & only a few cases. I didn’t see any William Heavenhill either of the days I went. If you don’t find it in Bardstown, sometimes Evan Williams in L’ville will have some...if you ask. Sometimes it’ll be in the cabinet lol.

I'm staying a block from Evan Williams. I'll probably end up there at some point as well.

I fully support that ticket. Thank you for recommending this good, affordable bourbon as well - four more pours - four more pours.

Speaking of Four - your recommendations on Four Roses products?

I fully support that ticket. Thank you for recommending this good, affordable bourbon as well - four more pours - four more pours.

Speaking of Four - your recommendations on Four Roses products?

I’m a big Four Roses guy. I usually sway towards their barrel strength offerings & the OE low rye mashbills when I’m buying, but I enjoy most all of them. I’ve had a couple of the 100 proof single barrel store picks that didn’t quite do it for me, but they weren’t bad by any means. The Small Batch Select is pretty fantastic though & it’s 100 proof. Even the Bulleit single barrels that are sourced from Four Roses have been good that I’ve gotten, & the newer Bulleit Blender’s Select is one of my favorite things that came out this year. It’s a blend of 3 Four Roses sourced mashbill recipes. I’d highly recommend it to anyone here if you’re a Four Roses fan.

Reactions: bucknole72
Yes. Flying up in the morning. We will be there until Sunday.

Have a great time bro! I’ve been up there 5 times & it’s always a good time. I’m not sure if you’ve ever been, or what all is on your itinerary, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have a great time bro! I’ve been up there 5 times & it’s always a good time. I’m not sure if you’ve ever been, or what all is on your itinerary, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I went last year as well. We’re doing Frankfort side tomorrow as soon as we land and Bardstown on Friday. Not sure on Saturday. I’ll take any tips you might have.

I’m a big Four Roses guy. I usually sway towards their barrel strength offerings & the OE low rye mashbills when I’m buying, but I enjoy most all of them. I’ve had a couple of the 100 proof single barrel store picks that didn’t quite do it for me, but they weren’t bad by any means. The Small Batch Select is pretty fantastic though & it’s 100 proof. Even the Bulleit single barrels that are sourced from Four Roses have been good that I’ve gotten, & the newer Bulleit Blender’s Select is one of my favorite things that came out this year. It’s a blend of 3 Four Roses sourced mashbill recipes. I’d highly recommend it to anyone here if you’re a Four Roses fan.
I absolutely agree with you about Four Roses. I unfortunately think many bourbons are over priced. Elijah Craig is my every day bourbon. I also think 1792 is a good buy. I bought a bottle of IW Harper one time and although I was not a big fan I thought it compared favorably to a lot more expensive pours. I smoke a lot of cigars and have found many cigars that are priced from 7 to 10 dollars are as good as cigars priced much higher and I also believe the same is true of bourbons. There are some exceptional bourbons that are worth the money but many disappoint.

I absolutely agree with you about Four Roses. I unfortunately think many bourbons are over priced. Elijah Craig is my every day bourbon. I also think 1792 is a good buy. I bought a bottle of IW Harper one time and although I was not a big fan I thought it compared favorably to a lot more expensive pours. I smoke a lot of cigars and have found many cigars that are priced from 7 to 10 dollars are as good as cigars priced much higher and I also believe the same is true of bourbons. There are some exceptional bourbons that are worth the money but many disappoint.

Don’t disagree with anything you said. The boom has moved many of the “bang for your buck” solid drinkers to the next level up in price. Just look at Elmer T Lee & Weller for one example. Now some people even have to hunt for those.
I also smoke a lot of cigars...so I know exactly what you mean. When we’re talking about taste, it’s very subjective.

I went last year as well. We’re doing Frankfort side tomorrow as soon as we land and Bardstown on Friday. Not sure on Saturday. I’ll take any tips you might have.

Lunch at Bardstown Bourbon Company or Old Talbot Tavern Friday & stay away from Preservation Distillery. That place was a big disappointment. We went there because they do the Very Old St Nick now. Save your money & time.

I don’t know how many tours you have booked, but we waited a little too long & had too many guys, so with Covid restrictions we basically just did a bunch of tastings this trip.

But...we did visit Starlight Distillery in Borden, IN. It’s about 30 min North of L’ville. It’s a family owned distillery on a big farm. The bourbon is about four years old, so it’s a little young still, but their rye’s & finished bourbons were pretty good actually. We did a full tour there & it was really enjoyable. I had my doubts because I’ve never heard of them, but we really had a great time out there. Plus they do wine & brandy there as well. They got us pretty lit lol. They thieved about 5 barrels for us then had us try all their brandy. We had to stay & eat to sober up a bit before heading back. 😂

Lunch at Bardstown Bourbon Company or Old Talbot Tavern Friday & stay away from Preservation Distillery. That place was a big disappointment. We went there because they do the Very Old St Nick now. Save your money & time.

I don’t know how many tours you have booked, but we waited a little too long & had too many guys, so with Covid restrictions we basically just did a bunch of tastings this trip.

But...we did visit Starlight Distillery in Borden, IN. It’s about 30 min North of L’ville. It’s a family owned distillery on a big farm. The bourbon is about four years old, so it’s a little young still, but their rye’s & finished bourbons were pretty good actually. We did a full tour there & it was really enjoyable. I had my doubts because I’ve never heard of them, but we really had a great time out there. Plus they do wine & brandy there as well. They got us pretty lit lol. They thieved about 5 barrels for us then had us try all their brandy. We had to stay & eat to sober up a bit before heading back. 😂

We are doing Buffalo Trace today and Bardstown Distillery tomorrow. Those are only booked tours. . The rest will be tastings for us as well.

We are doing Buffalo Trace today and Bardstown Distillery tomorrow. Those are only booked tours. . The rest will be tastings for us as well.

Get our Blantons before because it will be gone shortly after the tour. Also, I’ll pay you to pick me up a bottle!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT