ADVERTISEMENT

What I Don’t Get About Vaccine

Hey, I’m not anti-capitalist. I just think a lot of the hype and hysteria over Covid is made up for power and money. Sad thing it is our tax money that is generating the profits for these companies. Nothing is for free as many people seem to think the vaccines just magically appear. Also, it’s ironic that the lawmakers that push for all the mandates invest in these companies, follow the money,
To be fair, it didn't take a crystal ball to be able to see that certain pharmaceutical companies would benefit heavily from this, even when many other companies were struggling.

Personally, I believe the culture within a company says a lot about the current leadership and direction of a company. As a Pfizer employee, I couldn't be more pleased with the direction of the company right now under it's current leadership. And I say that as someone who was not a big fan of pharmaceutical companies or large corporations in general when growing up.

Reactions: Buck-I-Nole
Hey, I’m not anti-capitalist. I just think a lot of the hype and hysteria over Covid is made up for power and money. Sad thing it is our tax money that is generating the profits for these companies. Nothing is for free as many people seem to think the vaccines just magically appear. Also, it’s ironic that the lawmakers that push for all the mandates invest in these companies, follow the money,
So all the public health professionals, medical researchers, morticians who handle the dead bodies are also big investors in the companies predicted to make the most $ before their vaccines and treatments are developed and approved and the actual research findings, hospital admissions and death counts are all just pulled outa somebody’s butt.
Yeh, that seems logic and science based for sure.

So all the public health professionals, medical researchers, morticians who handle the dead bodies are also big investors in the companies predicted to make the most $ before their vaccines and treatments are developed and approved and the actual research findings, hospital admissions and death counts are all just pulled outa somebody’s butt.
Yeh, that seems logic and science based for sure.
Why would they be in on it? Insurance and big Pharma is all you need. Why pass the money down to the lower levels. Those types will do what’s necessary. Let’s say each dose costs 400 to get into someone’s arm. Is the Pharma companies doing that for free? No. 400 x 340 Million times 3 shots is a lot of coin.

Why would they be in on it? Insurance and big Pharma is all you need. Why pass the money down to the lower levels. Those types will do what’s necessary. Let’s say each dose costs 400 to get into someone’s arm. Is the Pharma companies doing that for free? No. 400 x 340 Million times 3 shots is a lot of coin.
Please explain how insurance and big pharma have somehow fabricated the real life stats from on-site reporters of actual Covid cases… positive tests, hospitalizations, deaths… from medical professionals around the globe (doctors offices, hospitals, testing sites), as well the dead bodies in morgues, the Covid losses in families such as mine, etc… explain how all that has been faked. Try to use some actual evidence of any kind rather than the tin foil hat and suspicions.

Please explain how insurance and big pharma have somehow fabricated the real life stats from on-site reporters of actual Covid cases… positive tests, hospitalizations, deaths… from medical professionals around the globe (doctors offices, hospitals, testing sites), as well the dead bodies in morgues, the Covid losses in families such as mine, etc… explain how all that has been faked. Try to use some actual evidence of any kind rather than the tin foil hat and suspicions.
You can profit from real life situations. It happens all the time. I didn’t say they planned or designed COVID just that there is a ton on f money to be made from it. Thanks for bringing up the other areas too. Testing sites are big business now globally.

You can profit from real life situations. It happens all the time. I didn’t say they planned or designed COVID just that there is a ton on f money to be made from it. Thanks for bringing up the other areas too. Testing sites are big business now globally.
Follow this thread. I was refuting another poster’s comment that “I just think a lot of the hype and hysteria over Covid is made up for power and money. Sad thing it is our tax money that is generating the profits for these companies. Nothing is for free as many people seem to think the vaccines just magically appear. Also, it’s ironic that the lawmakers that push for all the mandates invest in these companies, follow the money,”

You jumped in to support his premise that Covid is a bunch of money-fueled “hype and hysteria”…
Nobody doubts that there’s plenty of money to be made on any major disease, including Covid (and the health sector stocks I bought early on when it was clear to anybody without tinfoil hats that this pandemic was both very real and not going away anytime soon, thanks largely to all our selfish “freedom-fighters”, are doing great), but the profits don’t suggest that Covid isn’t every bit as menacing as public health experts have been warning us and that it’s our own failure to comply sufficiently with mitigation recommendations that have brought mandates into the conversation.
Have a good one.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveT1
So the taxpayers are picking up the bill for those hospitalized, in my opinion, that is a good enough reason.

I sincerely appreciate the responses. So my primary understanding has been that the vaccine helps me IF I get infected but does not really help me avoid getting infected. After I got vaccinated I remember feeling deflated hearing about all the break through cases and then seeing hospitalization stats that still included a decent amount of vaccinated people.

It seems clear that stats support that your odds of avoiding death and severe sickness are better when vaccinated. For me I am happy that I chose to be vaccinated. I honestly didn’t realize the vaccine made me statistically less likely to even catch the virus because I’ve personally known a pretty good amount of vaccinated people who have caught it. That makes me happy if true. Can you point me to stats that support that? I don’t ask because I doubt it but just from curiosity.
RO, 98% of people that get Covid are NOT vaccinated. That seems pretty clear to me. While some that have been vaccinated still get the virus, it is a very small percentage. Further, the severity of the infection is significantly reduced in the vaccinated. Do not talk yourself out of protecting yourself. If it plays out that you miraculously did not need to be vaccinated no harm is done. On the other hand things get bad very soon.

RO, 98% of people that get Covid are NOT vaccinated.
withheld data and very broad definitions may help support that but it's not reality. overall UK data basically mirrors US data when population adjusted even down to the total number of covid deaths.

87% of covid positives in UK adults are in the vaccinated population. if you include kids then it drops to 67.5% in the vaccinated population. Considering the number of stories you are seeing on sports tickers alone about covid positive results in US athletes it's absurd to suggest that only 2% of cases are in the vaccinated.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
withheld data and very broad definitions may help support that but it's not reality. overall UK data basically mirrors US data when population adjusted even down to the total number of covid deaths.

87% of covid positives in UK adults are in the vaccinated population. if you include kids then it drops to 67.5% in the vaccinated population. Considering the number of stories you are seeing on sports tickers alone about covid positive results in US athletes it's absurd to suggest that only 2% of cases are in the vaccinated.
Not sure where Robby is getting his 98% of Covid cases are unvaccinated stat from nor what segment of the population in what country it pertains to (seems way too high to me too), but your BS response attempting to downplay the benefits of vaccination is not only utter BS but also a much more dangerous take than Robby’s if anyone is swayed by your nonsense.

Who knows if you’re just not comfortable with data and statistical concepts like proportionality, or if you’re purposely omitting context, but
a) NO, UK Covid stats do not “mirror” the US data since UK vaccination acceptance has been much greater than in the more contrarian and more selfish US… 82% of UK eligible population has already received 2 shots (> 90% at least 1), whereas only 62% of eligible US population has been double-vaxxed,
and
b) with such a small minority of UK citizens in the unvaxxed category, of course fewer unvaxxed new cases will show up.

Proportionally, however, which is what matters, the likelihood of a new Covid case being unvaxxed is several times higher than vaxxed (again, when properly adjusted for what % of population remains unvaxxed), and the statistically greater risks for the unvaxxed grows even larger in comparison to fully vaxxed when the Covid segment of interest is hospitalizations and deaths.

Same for both UK and US re full vaccination decreasing the probability of catching Covid AND suffering severe outcomes.

Numbers matter, including the denominators.
If you’re not comfortable with statistics, best to listen to the prevailing majority of medical experts who are.

Last edited:
Not sure where Robby is getting his 98% unvaccinated stat from nor what segment of the population in what country it pertains to (seems way too high to me too), but your BS response attempting to downplay the benefits of vaccination is not only utter BS but also a much more dangerous take than Robby’s if anyone is swayed by your nonsense.

Not sure if you’re just not comfortable with data and statistical concepts like proportionality, or if you’re purposely omitting context, but
a) NO, UK Covid stats do not “mirror” the US data since UK vaccination acceptance has been much greater than in the more contrarian and more selfish US… 82% of UK eligible population has already received 2 shots (> 90% at least 1), whereas only 62% of eligible US population has been double-vaxxed,
and
b) with such a small minority of UK citizens in the unvaxxed category, of course fewer unvaxxed new cases will show up.

Proportionally, however, which is what matters, the likelihood of a new Covid case being unvaxxed is several times higher than vaxxed (again, when properly adjusted for what % of population remains unvaxxed), and the statistically greater risks for the unvaxxed grows even larger in comparison to fully vaxxed when the Covid segment of interest is hospitalizations and deaths.

Same for both UK and US re full vaccination decreasing the probability of catching Covid AND suffering severe outcomes.

Numbers matter, including the denominators.
If you’re not comfortable with statistics, best to listen to the prevailing majority of medical experts who are.

I didn’t downplay anything. I only provided actually occurring data in response to the absurdity of the notion that only 2% of US positives are in the vaccinated.

never once did i suggest not to vaccinate.

also, don’t shift goal posts with deflection. Eligible US population is a different metric from the British percentages you stated. The equivalent US percentage, for those 12+ is 71%. Still lower but only 9% lower, not the 20% you erroneously stated.

83% of the same age group in the US has had at least one dose.

most importantly those 65+ are 88% fully vaxxed in the US vs 92% in the UK. The overwhelming majority of deaths occur in that age group.

I didn’t downplay anything. I only provided actually occurring data in response to the absurdity of the notion that only 2% of US positives are in the vaccinated.

never once did i suggest not to vaccinate.

also, don’t shift goal posts with deflection. Eligible US population is a different metric from the British percentages you stated. The equivalent US percentage, for those 12+ is 71%. Still lower but only 9% lower, not the 20% you erroneously stated.

83% of the same age group in the US has had at least one dose.

most importantly those 65+ are 88% fully vaxxed in the US vs 92% in the UK. The overwhelming majority of deaths occur in that age group.
The 62% I cited for US is now up to nearly 66%, but still well below UK’s 82%.
And sorry, but there’s no deflection involved.
I very clearly described my denominators as the “eligible” population in UK and US.
In the UK, 12 years and up are eligible.
In the US, 5 years and up are eligible.
Try to keep up.

The 62% I cited for US is now up to nearly 66%, but still well below UK’s 82%.
And sorry, but there’s no deflection involved.
I very clearly described my denominators as the “eligible” population in UK and US.
In the UK, 12 years and up are eligible.
In the US, 5 years and up are eligible.
Try to keep up.

You’re still moving the goalposts. You are comparing dissimilar populations. Those 5+ to those 12+. That is not insignificant.

I had given the benefit of the doubt in my last response but it’s clear you are being disingenuous.

You’re still moving the goalposts. You are comparing dissimilar populations. Those 5+ to those 12+. That is not insignificant.

I had given the benefit of the doubt in my last response but it’s clear you are being disingenuous.
There’s nothing the slightest bit “disingenuous” about accurately describing my denominator (“eligible” population) just as I very clearly did.

And even if you only compare 12yr olds and older (and not just one narrower subset of that as you are now meaninglessly quibbling over), the key fact remains:
In both the US and the UK, being fully vaccinated (and even moreso also being boosted)
* DECREASES your odds of contracting Covid (all current strains combined) as compared to your odds if not fully vaccinated,
* DECREASES to an even greater degree your odds of being hospitalized (sucking up scarce health care resources) due to Covid,
AND
* DECREASES even further your odds of dying due to Covid

Attempting to dispute or even to minimize that fact by focusing in on any one age subset or by presenting context-free nuggets of useless BS like “more vaccinated people in the UK get Covid than unvaccinated” is not only disingenuous, to borrow your adjective, but also lethal.

Do better. For everyone’s sake.

RO, 98% of people that get Covid are NOT vaccinated. That seems pretty clear to me. While some that have been vaccinated still get the virus, it is a very small percentage. Further, the severity of the infection is significantly reduced in the vaccinated. Do not talk yourself out of protecting yourself. If it plays out that you miraculously did not need to be vaccinated no harm is done. On the other hand things get bad very soon.
Your math is bad. That is almost numerically impossible

There’s nothing the slightest bit “disingenuous” about accurately describing my denominator (“eligible” population) just as I very clearly did.

And even if you only compare 12yr olds and older (and not just one narrower subset of that as you are now meaninglessly quibbling over), the key fact remains:
In both the US and the UK, being fully vaccinated (and even moreso also being boosted)
* DECREASES your odds of contracting Covid (all current strains combined) as compared to your odds if not fully vaccinated,
* DECREASES to an even greater degree your odds of being hospitalized (sucking up scarce health care resources) due to Covid,
AND

Attempting to dispute or even to minimize that fact by focusing in on any one age subset or by presenting context-free nuggets of useless BS like “more vaccinated people in the UK get Covid than unvaccinated” is not only disingenuous, to borrow your adjective, but also lethal.

The more you post, the more I like it. While I am snuggled down in my blanket of immunity. I kinda like the thought of you running around scared. It makes me smile.
Your attempt at being morally and intellually superior (lol) just serves to make folks rebuke whatever message you are attempting to convey

AND

the drivel is coming solely from you. my post only disputed the absurdity of the claim that only 2% of US covid positives are vaccinated. you then waded in comparing dissimilar population data to prove a failed point that you don't appear to like being called out on.

i have always been very consistent in that i believe that anyone 50+ should get vaccinated and it would be crazy not to if you are 65+. i have a differing opinion for those under 30 though and absolutely for those under 18. the UK actually has a higher rate of death under 18 per 100,000 population for those fully vaxxed than un-vaxxed.

it remains that over 93% of all covid deaths in both the US and UK are age 50+ despite that age group only making up one third of the cases.

the drivel is coming solely from you. my post only disputed the absurdity of the claim that only 2% of US covid positives are vaccinated. you then waded in comparing dissimilar population data to prove a failed point that you don't appear to like being called out on.

i have always been very consistent in that i believe that anyone 50+ should get vaccinated and it would be crazy not to if you are 65+. i have a differing opinion for those under 30 though and absolutely for those under 18. the UK actually has a higher rate of death under 18 per 100,000 population for those fully vaxxed than un-vaxxed.

it remains that over 93% of all covid deaths in both the US and UK are age 50+ despite that age group only making up one third of the cases.
You are arguing with one of the most extreme posters in Warchant history. And that is an incredible statement. Don't expect reason or rationality.

What “failed point” am I trying to prove?
That’s hilarious.

hilarious like your deception.
Only to the tinfoil hat crew is clearly and accurately labeling a denominator and adding proper context to others’ misleading commentary considered “deception”.

And this is one big reason why Covid rages on longer and more destructively than it would have if following smart public health protocols weren’t mocked by the freedom-fighting peanut gallery.
Good luck to us all.

Only to the tinfoil hat crew is clearly and accurately labeling a denominator and adding proper context to others’ misleading commentary considered “deception”.

And this is one big reason why Covid rages on longer and more destructively than it would have if following smart public health protocols weren’t mocked by the freedom-fighting peanut gallery.
Good luck to us all.
that's a lot of words. you could simply condense it to say you casually tried to make it appear there was a 20% difference between UK and US equal population data but got caught.

i expect you probably loved you some taggart too so have a nice day, if you want to.

Have you looked to see what the breakthrough rate of vaccinated people is? You are magnitudes less likely to be infected if you are vaccinated. It stops LOTS of people from getting it. I have fired 4 employees for failure to comply with vaccine mandates. Vaccines are mandated in every walk of life. Its not a new practice.
You fired 4 employees well what a great humanitarian you must be. Let’s stop the spread of covid and send these 4 families to the unemployment line. That’s what we need in this world more mandated firings and people like you who think you have all the answers.

that's a lot of words. you could simply condense it to say you casually tried to make it appear there was a 20% difference between UK and US equal population data but got caught.

i expect you probably loved you some taggart too so have a nice day, if you want to.
Lol you’re right, you “caught” me… 66% of the eligible US population being fully vaxxed is indeed probably “equal” to 82% of the eligible UK population being fully vaxxed in your world of alternative facts.
Just not in the actual real world that Covid rages on in.
Mazel tov!

Lol you’re right, you “caught” me… 66% of the eligible US population being fully vaxxed is indeed probably “equal” to 82% of the eligible UK population being fully vaxxed in your world of alternative facts.
Just not in the actual real world that Covid rages on in.
Mazel tov!
but yet again you're disingenuously comparing unequal populations - you're literally the perpetrator of your own protestation of alternative facts. how about we just make it very simple and compare vaccination coverage for overall population data for all ages in each country.

at least one dose: US 72.7%. UK 75.5%
fully vaccinated: US 61.7%. UK 69.1%

oh, and just as a kicker, the CDC data is always hampered by that pesky 95% population cap they employ. even if a jurisdiction reports 100% coverage the CDC will still only recognize it as 95%.

but yet again you're disingenuously comparing unequal populations - you're literally the perpetrator of your own protestation of alternative facts. how about we just make it very simple and compare vaccination coverage for overall population data for all ages in each country.

at least one dose: US 72.7%. UK 75.5%
fully vaccinated: US 61.7%. UK 69.1%

oh, and just as a kicker, the CDC data is always hampered by that pesky 95% population cap they employ. even if a jurisdiction reports 100% coverage the CDC will still only recognize it as 95%.
Your US - UK comparison here is nonsensical and meaningless, and also comical in its transparently contrived reach to make the countries appear artificially more equal.
You define disingenuous here.
Why would any rational person include in the denominator those people who aren’t even eligible for a shot?
Lame.
Probably best for you to cut your losses and bow out here. You’ve gotten way too far out over your skis

You fired 4 employees well what a great humanitarian you must be. Let’s stop the spread of covid and send these 4 families to the unemployment line. That’s what we need in this world more mandated firings and people like you who think you have all the answers.
It's entirely within his right to do so. Just as it's entirely within those 4 employees' rights not to get vaccinated. The employer is not to blame.

Your US - UK comparison here is nonsensical and meaningless, and also comical in its transparently contrived reach to make the countries appear artificially more equal.
You define disingenuous here.
Why would any rational person include in the denominator those people who aren’t even eligible for a shot?
Lame.
Probably best for you to cut your losses and bow out here. You’ve gotten way too far out over your skis
You are what you claim to abhor. It must be very confusing for you. Maybe you should get checked for omicron, i have heard that confusion is a symptom.

It's entirely within his right to do so. Just as it's entirely within those 4 employees' rights not to get vaccinated. The employer is not to
You must be one of those sheep!! You know the ones that have their nose up the ass of the other sheep they are following. Can’t make decisions for themselves. They have to be told what to do!!

You must be one of those sheep!! You know the ones that have their nose up the ass of the other sheep they are following. Can’t make decisions for themselves. They have to be told what to do!!
Nah @Dhersh is right and i respect that opinion.

What i do frown upon though is that when it was first mentioned it came across as he (not dhersh) was happy to have fired the employees. i believe that it was since clarified that they were valued employees and he was sorry to see them go.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveT1
Yep, and all them fancy pants doctors “following the science” and trying to get more folks jabbed and masked up, bunch o’ damn sheep, right Clem?

Nah @Dhersh is right and i respect that opinion.

What i do frown upon though is that when it was first mentioned it came across as he (not dhersh) was happy to have fired the employees. i believe that it was since clarified that they were valued employees and he was sorry to see them go.
So first he was happy to have fired them and now he clarified it and he is sorry to see them go? You sound like Dr. Fauci, can’t make up your mind to wear the mask or not wear the mask. One year ago thousands of healthcare worker worked to save lives with no vaccine but now we should mandate the taking of the vaccine for healthcare workers or fire them??

So first he was happy to have fired them and now he clarified it and he is sorry to see them go? You sound like Dr. Fauci, can’t make up your mind to wear the mask or not wear the mask. One year ago thousands of healthcare worker worked to save lives with no vaccine but now we should mandate the taking of the vaccine for healthcare workers or fire them??
Let’s be clear here, dhersh didn’t do any firing. He just expressed an opinion with respect to that and i agree with dhersh’s opinion.

I’m always up for a bit of debate, disagreement and compromise. That civil discourse is healthy. But hot damn, why do so many people just want to be pissed the hell off?

it’s Christmas in 10 minutes. Enjoy your friends and family and have a great one!

Are you a capitalist? Or do you believe in collective bargaining and unions? Do you believe in right to work or not? Are you a believer in freedom of choice? Or do you believe in mandates? Do you think business owners have the right to run their business or should the government dictate what they do? Lets set the ground rules and then I'll have this discussion with you.

So first he was happy to have fired them and now he clarified it and he is sorry to see them go? You sound like Dr. Fauci, can’t make up your mind to wear the mask or not wear the mask. One year ago thousands of healthcare worker worked to save lives with no vaccine but now we should mandate the taking of the vaccine for healthcare workers or fire them?

So lets be real clear. They made the choice to be fired. I placed conditions on their continued employment. They declined to meet their conditions of employment. Same as a dress code or start and stop time. Real simple. Either you believe in business making their own decisions or not. Which is it? And be consistent.

Good luck to us all.
Please explain why a person that already had covid should get vaccinated. The studies already showed they had higher immunity than vaccinated people.

So lets be real clear. They made the choice to be fired. I placed conditions on their continued employment. They declined to meet their conditions of employment. Same as a dress code or start and stop time. Real simple. Either you believe in business making their own decisions or not. Which is it? And be consistent.
The part that is bad is that you changed conditions if employment. Did you require vaccines when you hired them? Was there any terms of employment that in the future you could require them to accept a medical procedure in order to retain employment? What type of business is this that you would force employees to undergo a medical procedure with no long term testing in order to retain employment?

Google is your friend.
I’ve read everything. The studies show that in increases their immunity even more but why mandate them to be vaccinated to achieve higher immunity than those that are vaccinated without having covid? It’s like they are being singled out as requiring more protection than others, when they already have more protection. This fact alone proves to me that the mandates aren’t about public safety. They are about control.

As long as you didn't take government COVID-19 funding to keep your business going, I don't care how you run your affairs. Start dipping into the public dole to stay afloat, then I think it's fair for other people to chime in on you are doing. At that point, the ability to "make (your) own decisions" should not be unfettered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT