ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors: Big 12 showing interest in FSU and Clemson?

The latest rumor circulating, which is yet unsubstantiated, is from the Greg Swaim show. While I won't dispute any possibility, I do question several of his assertiions.
He Tweeted the following:
BREAKING: As we've said for a year, #FSU and #Clemson will not get a #B1G offer, due to neither being AAU accredited. But from Vegas the talk is the #SEC has now turned the pair down. With new sponsorship the B12 p4obably won't pay quite what the other two do, but with those two they'll pay double what the #ACC does.P.S. And it won't end there. The talk is the B12 will take six from the ACC.

Between national politics and conference expansion, you may feel like you are living in the Twilight Zone.

Things I could believe:
If I were Athletic Director Michael Alford I'd be open to exploring every possibility available so it wouldn't shock me if there have been some preliminary conversations, within the boundaries of the ACC agreement he is currently operating within.

Things I question:
1. The Big 10 won't offer FSU or Clemson because they are not AAU members. If the Big 10 chooses not to offer FSU it won't be because of AAU membership. I know FSU is advancing rapidly toward AAU membership and I've heard AAU membership is not a hard and fast requirement for the BIg10.

2. I also don't agree with his statement that the Big 12 will pay double what the ACC is paying if they land Clemson and FSU. Right now the ACC is paying more than the Big 12 and if the Big 12 were to be able to pay double what the ACC is currently paying (about $40 million) that amount would be equal to what the SEC will be paying ($80 million) and I find it impossible to believe the Big 12 will get equal money to the SEC even with FSU and Clemson in the Big 12.

When I see a Tweet like this I'll research it and share my opinion on it. Hope that helps.

Big 12 showing interest in FSU and Clemson?

FSU has 289 athletes on ACC academic honor roll

FSU sports information:

Nine five-time honorees – Vic Allen (Women’s Tennis), Cole Anderson (Men’s Golf), Maddie Anderson (Beach Volleyball), Ryan Fitzgerald (Football), Devyn Flaherty, Kaley Mudge, Emma Wilson (Softball), Rachel Johnson (Women’s Cross Country), and Peter Varjasi (Men’s Swimming) – are among the 289 Seminole student-athletes named to the 2024 ACC Academic Honor Roll released by the conference office.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Football Continue to be impresssed with FSU Newcomers

On Wednesday, Florida State gave the media access to four newcomers who each exhibited the qualities we've become accustomed to seeing in Mike Norvell recruited players. OL Jacob Rizy, a Harvard graduate, RB Micahi Danzi, DB Ricky Knight III and WR Elijah Moore were comfortable at the podium, answered questions thoughtfully and thanked the media afterwards for their time and interest.
[/UPSELL]
After the interviews Bob and I spent some time with Ryals Lee, who works in athletics, about the quality of the people who are attracted to FSU and he verified our instinct about the type of person Norvell is bringing in. Ryals was a photographer for the Osceola 40 years ago so we have a similar reference point.
With no disrespect to the freshmen back then, it certainly appears to me that the prospects we are interviewing each week are more comfortable with the media today than they were four decades ago. Maybe its due to all the media they are exposed to in high school today and with all the 7 on 7 camps and other recruiting exposure. Maybe its because we are seeing more kids whose parents attended college and have helped to prepare them, many of whom themselves had a collegiate athletic experience.
I'm not sure why these kids are so well prepared but we thought you might take some pride and satisfaction in knowing the quality of people choosing to play for your university.

Football Continue to be impresssed with FSU Newcomers

On Wednesday, Florida State gave the media access to four newcomers who each exhibited the qualities we've become accustomed to seeing in Mike Norvell recruited players. OL Jacob Rizy, a Harvard graduate, RB Micahi Danzi, DB Ricky Knight III and WR Elijah Moore were comfortable at the podium, answered questions thoughtfully and thanked the media afterwards for their time and interest. After the interviews Bob and I spent some time with Ryals Lee, who works in athletics, about the quality of the people who are attracted to FSU and he verified our instinct about the type of person Norvell has been bringing in.
Ryals was a photographer for the Osceola 40 years ago so we have a similar reference point.
With no disrespect to the freshmen back then, it certainly appears to me that the prospects we are interviewing each week are more comfortable with the media today than they were four decades ago. I don't know if this is a national trend among prospects or whether Mike is laser focused on these qualities but every kid we've interviewed the last couple years looks you in the eye and represents themselves and their family well.
Maybe its due to all the media prospects today are exposed to in high school, with social media, and with all the 7 on 7 camps and other recruiting exposure. Maybe its because we are seeing more kids whose parents attended college and have helped to prepare them, many of those parents themselves with a collegiate athletic experience.
I'm not sure why these kids are so well prepared but we thought you might take some pride and satisfaction in knowing the quality of people choosing to play for your university.

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 28: The Genesis Scottish Open

Wow. I've never been that close to doing something like that, so I'm not sure, but does the resting ball get replaced at where it was approximately? Who determines that if so?

You have to play it as it lies--I looked it up to confirm and found this article with an outstanding example from the 2016 Masters.

Login to view embedded media

Here is an explanation on Collin's ball
Login to view embedded media
  • Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT