ADVERTISEMENT

Football Fall Camp Competition: The battle for the two starting guard spots are ones to keep an eye on in fall camp

The Osceola takes a look at the battle for the starting roles at both offensive guard positions heading into preseason camp which starts on July 24.

Football Recruiting 2024 WR Vernell 'Trey' Brown commits to Florida

2024 WR prospect Trey Brown has committed to Florida this afternoon. FSU already has two WRs committed to its 2025 class in CJ Wiley and Daylan McCutcheon. Fish and I both put in FutureCast for Brown to commit to Florida earlier this month.

WR Malik Clark will announce his commitment next week and is down to FSU, UNC and South Carolina. South Carolina is thought to be the leader for Clark. FSU is also one of the leaders for WR Kaliq Lockett who will announce which school he will commit to in August. WR Koby Howard will take an official visit to FSU in October.

Lyle Lovett on Austin City Limits right now

I was visiting my brother on Governors Island and needed to get up early to hustle home for work the next day. His alarm went off and he started blasting the Joshua, Judges, and Ruth cd. Bam!! I was hooked. Best I can tell, he is a good guy.
I can tell you he is a great guy. I bartended while in Austin and both Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen played at one of the bars I worked at. It was a little acoustic club where a lot of young Austin talent played. Great place to work.
Reactions: billanole

Football Three FSU football storylines entering ACC Kickoff

ACC Kickoff begins tomorrow in Charlotte and marks the unofficial start of football season. FSU will be up on Day 1 and there will be plenty to monitor regarding the Seminoles and their tenuous relationship with the conference.

Not sure why I just happened to see this now, but I wish I had watched. On the positive side, Lyle and his large band are playing in Tallahassee this year as a part of Opening nights. Can't wait to see him again. I've been a fan of his since the 80"s back in Austin.
I was visiting my brother on Governors Island and needed to get up early to hustle home for work the next day. His alarm went off and he started blasting the Joshua, Judges, and Ruth cd. Bam!! I was hooked. Best I can tell, he is a good guy.
Reactions: jerinole

Interesting discussion on "Peer Review"

How much money?

I don't disagree with you, by the way.

The point to peer review is to identify errors in the execution of the science, that the paper is presented in an even handed way (not over interpreting findings, and such) and that the article is of relevance to the viewing audience of the journal. It is not to verify that the conclusions of the article are true.

Science is a mix of the objective and the subjective. It's how it works.

I think this is an interesting read. https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-structure-of-scientific-revolutions-by-thomas-s-kuhn/247752/item/11056585/?mkwid=|dc&pcrid=77172150940746&pkw=&pmt=be&slid=&product=11056585&plc=&pgrid=1234751854564121&ptaid=pla-4580771613628162&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+High+Vol+Scarce+-+Under+$10&utm_term=&utm_content=|dc|pcrid|77172150940746|pkw||pmt|be|product|11056585|slid||pgrid|1234751854564121|ptaid|pla-4580771613628162|&msclkid=cf45b66c2edb1ba17f02d0f03a785e51#idiq=11056585&edition=6902766

It was required when I was in graduate school.

I will note it can be quite difficult to publish results that are counter to the prevailing narrative of how things work. The skepticism is higher. Some of the most impactful papers in many disciplines had to be shopped around to many journals. You'll also have papers rejected because someone has an agenda. It's just the way it is. And, there are some things that are more heavily politically intransigent than others. I wouldn't trust anything coming out now consistent with intersectionality hypotheses, for example.

I know you have..I was referring to the usual suspects
Reactions: BrianNole777

He and his large band don’t disappoint. Chris Issac joined them.
Not sure why I just happened to see this now, but I wish I had watched. On the positive side, Lyle and his large band are playing in Tallahassee this year as a part of Opening nights. Can't wait to see him again. I've been a fan of his since the 80"s back in Austin.
Reactions: billanole

Saw Lyle at a festival at Spirit of the Suwannee 10 or so years ago. He was the headline act on Saturday night. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it - went to the festival for a few of the others who were there that year. I had never really listened to Lovett before - didn't dislike him, just had never paid any attention to him at all.
Very quickly became a huge fan. Great performer, songwriter, singer...if you ever have the chance to see him, go.

Login to view embedded media
We had front row seats to a show that he had to cancel. The next year we watched a great outdoor show in a driving rainstorm. The stage was covered and several times Lyle gave shout outs to the crowd saying that they would keep playing if we were staying. It was a lonnngg show.
The Large Band was incredible. As you say, great performer, songwriter, singer…
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT