ADVERTISEMENT

Strippers have rights, too!

I have always been struck by the sad irony of the Milgram experiments. Milgram's initial predictions were actually wrong. Likely due to his collaboration with Solomon Asch and his involvement with Asch's research on the influences of social identity and conformity, he thought that Americans would not submit to orders that were contrary to their beliefs or ethics. He thought that Americans would refuse to harm, torture, and kill other people; rather than to comply with an authority that directed them to do so. His initial hypothesis was that the actions of the Nazis during WWII were attributable to a character flaw in the German culture that would not be present in the American culture. As the competent scientist he was, he followed the data and ultimately revised his hypothesis. His classmate, Philip Zimbardo, infamously built upon that work in the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Yea, we studied all of that in My Geographic Thought class in grad school.....my professor definitely thought it was all flawed from the start. I wonder what his thoughts are now.

Strippers have rights, too!

Just going by what you posted.
Insurance companies aren't charities, they have paid out a ton of money over the last few years. I guess they could just pull out of Florida like they are in Kalifornia and not cover your house.

They're still making profits hand over fist...so don't give me that. Why didn't premiums go up rapidly back in the early 2000s when Florida had those few years of multiple extreme hurricanes.

Yea, they're pulling out hurricane policies, to limit their risk. But keeping other policies. What kills me is that he knows this is happening, but not even trying to address it. This is lack of leadership from our elected officials, because they don't care.

2024 Soccer Team

this from Wiki
The 2024 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup (Spanish: Copa Mundial Femenina Sub-20 de la FIFA Colombia 2024) will be the 11th edition of the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup, the biennial international women's youth football championship contested by the under-20 national teams of the member associations of FIFA. The tournament has been expanded by FIFA to feature 24 teams.[1]

It will be hosted by Colombia from 31 August to 22 September 2024. It will be the third time that Colombia has hosted a FIFA tournament. It will also be the first time that Colombia has hosted a FIFA women's tournament.[2]

Spain are the defending champions.

"We don't have the official schedule yet, but I took this from another site and a poster who does tons of research.

Here's what I have, without yet having seen their schedule to be sure these are correct. @ means away; v means home.

8/15 @ South Florida
8/18 v N Florida
8/22 v South Carolina
8/29 v Georgia
9/1 v Villanova
9/8 @ Florida
9/19 v Syracuse
9/22 @SMU
9/27 v Clemson
10/3 @ Wake Forest
10/6 @ Virginia Tech
10/12 @ Boston College
10/17 v Virginia
10/20 v Pittsburgh
10/25 v North Carolina
10/31 @ Miami FL

That is 16 games, which is a little low in number although within the range of reasonable possibility. There is a pretty big gap between the end of non-conference games and the beginning of conference play. It is possible they still are looking for one more game to put in that gap."

I would assume all players would be available for the first couple of games. Don't know when they head to U20 WWC, but I would guess 5-7 days ahead. If they win everything, then Sept 22 would be their last game. Then give them a week to get home, acclimate and rest. I would have them available at least by WF on 10/3. Now if they lose earlier...
They will have the full month of October to gel and get ready for conference and the NCAA tournaments.
Thanks! I would hate possibly not having them for Clemson!

Football Blue-chip DE Amaree Williams set to start his FSU career as a tight end

Even though he was a late addition to FSU's class and the 2024 class as a whole as a four-star defensive end, Amaree Williams will begin his FSU career as a tight end.

He sees it as a quicker path onto the field while he bulks up to play defensive end in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT