ADVERTISEMENT

“I love the cabana (Champions Club”

Noledog92

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Well, well, well my little haters did you see that!?!?

“I love the cabana”, referencing the champions club, is a direct quote from the highly sought after 2022 QB recruit Nicco Marchitol!

This calls for a special donning of my garnet ascot, gold shirt and jacket, and special Indian themed Vans while I enjoy a large cube surrounded by Blantons (a double no doubt) and think about my seats in the club!

Hurrrrumph!

Get some Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare and you will have tasted Blanton’s....
I've had blantons before but I will try those other two.. there was a store in Destin that had a bottle locked in a safe haha it was expensive but pretty good.

Reactions: Noledog92
I've had blantons before but I will try those other two.. there was a store in Destin that had a bottle locked in a safe haha it was expensive but pretty good.
Yep. Especially if you can find a good store pick for either of those.

CarefulReasonableIrrawaddydolphin-small.gif

“I love the cabana”, referencing the champions club, is a direct quote from the highly sought after 2022 QB recruit Nicco Marchitol!

This calls for a special donning of my garnet ascot, gold shirt and jacket, and special Indian themed Vans while I enjoy a large cube surrounded by Blantons (a double no doubt) and think about my seats in the club!

Hurrrrumph!
Oh please!! He called your precious club a “cabana”. A cabana is defined as “cabana is a small, sometimes portable changing room near a swimming pool or beach”. I would add with few people in attendance making the south end of Doak look empty. I know this will blow your mind and send you right to the Blantons. Enjoy.

Hurrrrumph!
The Q&A with this kid was great. He all but committed to FSU without making it official, after visiting Hogtown the day before. The campus sells itself. Start winning again and we'll get anyone we want.

The Q&A with this kid was great. He all but committed to FSU without making it official, after visiting Hogtown the day before. The campus sells itself. Start winning again and we'll get anyone we want.
I’m good with this kid as long as he knows we’re bringing in 2 guys this class. He’s not a “can’t miss” enough player to shut down QB recruiting.

Reactions: nynole1
It's not bad bourbon but should not be considered for the $100 plus some stores are trying to sell it for these days.
Finally some sanity! It’s as if I said, “Blantons is the best and only bourbon in the world!” Lol. I used the Blantons imagery simply because that’s what I had on hand!

Regardless, I look forward to sipping a solid Buffalo Trace while watching the Noles exact revenge on Clemmy. And yes......it will be from the comfort of the luxury skybox!

Harrrumph!

Reactions: wwheisman
Oh please!! He called your precious club a “cabana”. A cabana is defined as “cabana is a small, sometimes portable changing room near a swimming pool or beach”. I would add with few people in attendance making the south end of Doak look empty. I know this will blow your mind and send you right to the Blantons. Enjoy.
You sound fun!

I usually sit in my club seat the entire time while the team is playing, but next season, just for you, I’m getting up during the middle of a play to go refresh my drink and maybe grab a Bradley’s country dog!

Harrrrumph!

Reactions: ChiefWB
The Cabana is out of place. Hate it.
It’s not for everyone. I have no issue with that.

There are literally thousands of us that love the club for different reasons. I think it’s a shame that fellow Noles are so judgmental about it.

Plus, it is now a documented draw to recruits so I don’t see how that is anything but a good thing!

Get some Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare and you will have tasted Blanton’s....

No, not true.

BT and ER are made from their Mash Bill #1. It's their low rye mash. Other bourbons that Buffalo Trace Distillery makes using Mash Bill #1 include:
  • Old Charter
  • E.H. Taylor
  • George T. Stagg (and Stagg Jr.)
  • Benchmark (bottom shelf)
BTD is really famous for their high rye Mash Bill #2. Bourbons that come from this mash include:
  • Blanton's
  • Elmer T. Lee
  • Rock Hill Farms
  • Hancock Reserve
  • Ancient Age (bottom shelf)
There is a very distinct difference in their flavor profiles. And obviously each of the brands in each mash bill are aged differently and cut differently to give them their own unique flavors.

I really like the Mash Bill #2 bottles, but you can never, ever go wrong with BT or ER either.

As for mixers for your Bourbon and Coke ... go with Ancient Age. I'm not a fan of Benchmark.

Regular Blantons is average at best and overpriced.

It has a nice bottle and you can collect the horses. That’s about it with it.

I disagree. Ancient Age is average. Jim Beam is average. Evan Williams black is average. Jack Daniels is average. Buffalo Trace is average.

Blantons is certainly well above average.

Yup!

BT Distillery is my favorite. BT is the truth, ER is my favorite, and any Weller, especially Antique 107, is as good or better than Blanton’s.

EH Taylor is decent.

We disagree.

Blanton's isn't my favorite, but it's far better than Antique 107 IMHO. I love W12 and like WSR, but don't care for the WA107.

Hurrrrumph!

Please remember us little people as you stroll into the hallowed halls of The Club.

Finally some sanity! It’s as if I said, “Blantons is the best and only bourbon in the world!” Lol. I used the Blantons imagery simply because that’s what I had on hand!

Regardless, I look forward to sipping a solid Buffalo Trace while watching the Noles exact revenge on Clemmy. And yes......it will be from the comfort of the luxury skybox!

Harrrumph!
I have a bottle of Blanton’s Gold I’m waiting to open I reserve the right to enjoy it though.

I disagree. Ancient Age is average. Jim Beam is average. Evan Williams black is average. Jack Daniels is average. Buffalo Trace is average.

Blantons is certainly well above average.
A man who knows his bourbon in addition to his rosters. Me thinks the Blanton haters are those who cant get it or can’t afford. I will have a nice Rocky Patel and sip my Blanton while the haters bloviate.

A man who knows his bourbon in addition to his rosters. Me thinks the Blanton haters are those who cant get it or can’t afford. I will have a nice Rocky Patel and sip my Blanton while the haters bloviate.
It’s not bad bourbon at all. However, it’s overpriced and if it didn’t have the nice bottle and collectible horses it wouldn’t be as sought after.

No, not true.

BT and ER are made from their Mash Bill #1. It's their low rye mash. Other bourbons that Buffalo Trace Distillery makes using Mash Bill #1 include:
  • Old Charter
  • E.H. Taylor
  • George T. Stagg (and Stagg Jr.)
  • Benchmark (bottom shelf)
BTD is really famous for their high rye Mash Bill #2. Bourbons that come from this mash include:
  • Blanton's
  • Elmer T. Lee
  • Rock Hill Farms
  • Hancock Reserve
  • Ancient Age (bottom shelf)
There is a very distinct difference in their flavor profiles. And obviously each of the brands in each mash bill are aged differently and cut differently to give them their own unique flavors.

I really like the Mash Bill #2 bottles, but you can never, ever go wrong with BT or ER either.

As for mixers for your Bourbon and Coke ... go with Ancient Age. I'm not a fan of Benchmark.

Cool man....

It’s not bad bourbon at all. However, it’s overpriced and if it didn’t have the nice bottle and collectible horses it wouldn’t be as sought after.
I am a bourbon whore. It’s like red heads, blondes, and brunettes, I like em all. Do not judge others preferences. Just enjoy what you like, share it with a friend, and celebrate the anoles.

You sound fun!

I usually sit in my club seat the entire time while the team is playing, but next season, just for you, I’m getting up during the middle of a play to go refresh my drink and maybe grab a Bradley’s country dog!

Harrrrumph!
Us common folk prefer Register’s The Southern Sausage, but have lots of respect for the Bradley family and considered Mr. Bradley a friend. I will be able to see and wave to you as you get up for your refreshments as you will be the only guy seated in the stands in front of The Cabana. Cheers!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT