ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Only thing cooler would have been him showing up in fsu gear, visor, headset and whistle and say lets get to work.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
'Taggart' a NBC Sports documentary

http://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/oregon-ducks/taggart-nbc-sports-documentary

giphy.gif

Good piece.

I have to admit, when he started talking about his son telling him he had to do it because it was his dream job, and how he struggled with it because of how much his family loved Eugene, I got a bit of a tear in my eye.

We got the right man. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Right? I don't know if its the drama of the last month, the way this season unfurled, the staleness of the last couple seasons or just learning more about his ability to breathe fresh life into programs, but I am REALLY excited about next season. More so than any I can remember in recent years. I miss the fast O from years past. I miss FSU being able to knock out other teams QBs every game. I miss teams fearing FSU defense. A legit home field advantage. Dealerships having deals "If FSU shuts out opponent X, your car purchase is free". So excited for next season.

Oh, and I still miss #mychief. Saw someone post about Phil Knight pulling Nike from FSU. It wouldn't happen, but I'd love that and to get back to the real logo or at least the updated old logo.

Right? I don't know if its the drama of the last month, the way this season unfurled, the staleness of the last couple seasons or just learning more about his ability to breathe fresh life into programs, but I am REALLY excited about next season. More so than any I can remember in recent years. I miss the fast O from years past. I miss FSU being able to knock out other teams QBs every game. I miss teams fearing FSU defense. A legit home field advantage. Dealerships having deals "If FSU shuts out opponent X, your car purchase is free". So excited for next season.

Oh, and I still miss #mychief. Saw someone post about Phil Knight pulling Nike from FSU. It wouldn't happen, but I'd love that and to get back to the real logo or at least the updated old logo.

Count me as someone unhappy with Nike’s Chief logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Details of his contract officially released:

Contract Details

This is my favorite part. We did not cheap out:

FSU has also put into the contract that Taggart will have $5.5 million to distribute to his 10 assistant coaches once the 10th coach is added on Jan. 9.

If FSU pays that amount it would be more than all but one (LSU) program in college football paid its assistants in 2017.

It would be $914,000 more than FSU paid its assistants in 2017.

Details of his contract officially released:

Contract Details

This is my favorite part. We did not cheap out:

FSU has also put into the contract that Taggart will have $5.5 million to distribute to his 10 assistant coaches once the 10th coach is added on Jan. 9.

If FSU pays that amount it would be more than all but one (LSU) program in college football paid its assistants in 2017.

It would be $914,000 more than FSU paid its assistants in 2017.

What about the Bamaesque shadow coaches?

Reactions: NoleLizards
Anyone but the last guy please. The results are in from the 8 year experiment and the results speak for themselves.

IMO, Trickett has gotten a bad rap. IMO, the overall scheme has been the problem. From play-to-play the blocking style changed, and the linemen were more confused about their assignment than physically beaten. When it appeared they were physically beaten it was often because they were late getting to their guy, or blocking the wrong guy. How many teams have a center calling out assignments for 5 seconds before the snap?

In addition to that, the silent count and clapping led to many of the false start penalties, particularly in the red zone. When this line was allowed to just line up and block the guy in front of them, they did OK. Probably only half the sacks were on the OL. The other half was because the QB was getting the ball out late, or the RB missed a blitzer.

QB holding the ball was because of having too many pattern reads and having to wait for the receiver to break because of uncertainty. Jameis was good at those reads. QB's since Jameis not so much.

IMO, Trickett has gotten a bad rap. IMO, the overall scheme has been the problem. From play-to-play the blocking style changed, and the linemen were more confused about their assignment than physically beaten. When it appeared they were physically beaten it was often because they were late getting to their guy, or blocking the wrong guy. How many teams have a center calling out assignments for 5 seconds before the snap?

In addition to that, the silent count and clapping led to many of the false start penalties, particularly in the red zone. When this line was allowed to just line up and block the guy in front of them, they did OK. Probably only half the sacks were on the OL. The other half was because the QB was getting the ball out late, or the RB missed a blitzer.

QB holding the ball was because of having too many pattern reads and having to wait for the receiver to break because of uncertainty. Jameis was good at those reads. QB's since Jameis not so much.

I agree. Trickett's OL's from WVU produced some prolific offenses with Rich Rod. I think we are going to find a lot of things improve significantly with the same players under a new head coach. Jimbo's offense is just too much for a majority of the 18-22 year old kids that are trying to learn it.

Anyone else looking forward to some "lethal simplicity"?

Sources tell ESPN that Tennessee is in the process of trying to finalize a deal with Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt after offering him the job earlier in the day. Vols also interviewed Auburn DC Kevin Steele and Georgia DC Mel Tucker.

DQa5NmEVAAAMDmz.jpg:large

I'll bump this thread to congratulate @Fijimn for starting the longest thread in LR history. At least I think it is. It would've crashed long before 26 pages in the old format and I don't remember one coming close since.

For your reward, you get nothing but the knowledge you own the record.
I was just thinking about how epic this thread has become.

If you want a good laugh, go back and read from the beginning.

I was just thinking about how epic this thread has become.

If you want a good laugh, go back and read from the beginning.
I don't think a thread from the Locker Room has ever been archived in the Tomahawk board because, after all, we are the bastard children of Warchant. I can though pin it for a while so we can appreciate a 1000+ post thread.

I have seen Willie Taggart do the chop quite a bit. I can't remember ever seeing Jimbo do the chop. I always wanted to believe this is where he wanted to be based on my homer bias. Now, looking back I don't believe he ever cared to be here. This was just a big jumping off point for him. Am I having a clearer vision of who he is now or am I just bitter?

I have seen Willie Taggart do the chop quite a bit. I can't remember ever seeing Jimbo do the chop. I always wanted to believe this is where he wanted to be based on my homer bias. Now, looking back I don't believe he ever cared to be here. This was just a big jumping off point for him. Am I having a clearer vision of who he is now or am I just bitter?
You're bitter but that will fade.

I don't think a thread from the Locker Room has ever been archived in the Tomahawk board because, after all, we are the bastard children of Warchant. I can though pin it for a while so we can appreciate a 1000+ post thread.
Weren't there some really long LRRT's back in the day??

Reading Addicted to Quack every day is fueling my soul. Their jilted lover response is so delicious.

If things slow down, I think I will start with concern trolling.

Reactions: billanole
I imagine after the final BCS Championship game the TC had posts like “Did we win by enough?” and “What about that first half?”
The Coaching Nuggets I & II on the TC are approaching 1 million views. That's pretty impressive too.

I read Candi is moving there and that A&M is going to pay their families Medical Bills for life.

That is a sweet offer considering his situation.

Sorry if Fred berry....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT