ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NBA Playoffs-

For starters, he was drafted as #1 pick, of course his first team had a horrible record before.

Overall, a valid point but I take exception to the "always takes the hardest road" angle. He didn't go to teams that were strapped for cash or couldn't make moves. When Lebron returned to Cavs in 2014, they'd just drafted Wiggins as a lottery pick and traded him for the very in-demand Kevin Love, with a young and talented Kyrie Irving already in Cleveland.

He was smart and went to franchises that he knew would make commitments to get the pieces he needed to be competitive. The pieces didn't always work out as planned, but the moves were made.

Lebron gets more grief than he should. Some is his own doing (the Decision spectacle was a mistake) and most are just haters.

By the end, I bet Kevin Durant ends up being the most criticized player over Lebron for going to the Warriors, but that's just me. Lebron going west is risky, this is the biggest risk of his career. If it pays off and Lebron is somehow able to beat the Warriors (again), the haters won't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:
DMM hit the nail on the head. Don’t act like LeBron would go to the Heat, back to the Cavs and now to the Lakers if those teams didn’t have the money, cap space and willingness to do whatever or most of what LeBron suggests. Especially in Cleveland where he was the GM and coach behind the scenes.

Agreed. My issue is he is not that good at all that other stuff. Sure 8 finals trips but what 3 titles and you could argue if Green isn't suspended he only has 2. LJ is the best athlete to ever play in the NBA and it isn't close. The reason I questions so many of his decisions is how he thinks he can coach, gm and play. IMO he has chased off coaches and players, his decision on who should coach and who his teams should get is not very good. IMO he would have been smarter to go to a place with a great system/coach and let the coach and front office manage things.

Let me add this for the record I don't hate LJ. I respect his abilities and by all media appearances he seems to be a good dad and faithful to his wife; of course none of us really know him.
As an example of what I am trying to get across what happens if instead of Durant to the Warriors, LJ goes there? Good team, good coach etc.
My comments are more based on how he appears to interact with team mates, management, coaches etc. For the most part great players make terrible coaches and GM's. Instead of trying to control the entire process I think he would be better off picking a location that has pieces in place and is willing to make moves; while having a good coach. It is annoying to see a guy who is 6'8" 260lbs whine on every non call or worse flop when a guy substantially smaller than him runs into him. Maybe that is the game today; but LJ is gonna get his calls he is a super star, there just doesn't seem to be a need for all that junk. I just don't see the need for the constant whining and theatrics.

Reactions: seminoleed
58064b148d83b40f218b4e92-750-563.jpg

So now Kawhi isn't too fond of joining LBJ as a Laker..
Possibly looking to get Wall,Lillard, Love or Beal.
If they don't get a few A/B tier players, I can't imagine LBJ won't be regretting this.

So now Kawhi isn't too fond of joining LBJ as a Laker..
Possibly looking to get Wall,Lillard, Love or Beal.
If they don't get a few A/B tier players, I can't imagine LBJ won't be regretting this.

It might work out with their current young talent but this decision has big time potential for regret written all over it.

Part of me wants Kawhi to go to LA and be a part of the circus life that he despises so much to see how he fares. It would be nice for them to potentially be able to beat the Warriors, but I still don't think Lebron and a healthy Kawhi can topple this current Warriors squad.

It sounds like East Coast team is more likely where Kawhi is headed though.

I will add that Kawhi's group hasn't been too consistent so who really knows where he wants to go. May still end up in LA.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT