ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Ryder Cup

On top of the emotional letdown that is inevitable, physically it has to be taxing on him as well. That couldn't have been a comfortable trip to Paris regardless the level of plane he flew on.
I think he'll play better over the weekend. It's taken Tiger a while to get going often during his comeback.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
On top of the emotional letdown that is inevitable, physically it has to be taxing on him as well. That couldn't have been a comfortable trip to Paris regardless the level of plane he flew on.

Perhaps or perhaps he's just not good in team competition which is what is his record indicates. On another note I think playing Phil in Alt Shot and not fourball is a huge mistake. Phil should play fourball and Tiger should play foresomes and neither one of them should be playing two rounds on Friday or Saturday. They are too old for that much golf now...

That is surprising. They seemed insync this am
Their chances in this session:

200w.gif

Perhaps or perhaps he's just not good in team competition which is what is his record indicates. On another note I think playing Phil in Alt Shot and not fourball is a huge mistake. Phil should play fourball and Tiger should play foresomes and neither one of them should be playing two rounds on Friday or Saturday. They are too old for that much golf now...
Tiger is 24-15-1 in President's Cup which is much better than good. Whatever reason he is very average in Ryder Cup: 13-14-2. Still, that's better than team USA over the last 16 years...

Agree on Phil - was one of a couple bad decisions today.

Reactions: cmanole
You know, when you are down by seven after nine holes, you might as well just save your energy and concede. That was about as bad alternate shot as I have ever seen.

I am doubting Jim pairs Bryson and Phil together again.

You know, when you are down by seven after nine holes, you might as well just save your energy and concede. That was about as bad alternate shot as I have ever seen.

I am doubting Jim pairs Bryson and Phil together again.
Garcia and Noren on fire, -4 in 9 holes alternate shot is insane. Sergio....

Tiger is 24-15-1 in President's Cup which is much better than good. Whatever reason he is very average in Ryder Cup: 13-14-2. Still, that's better than team USA over the last 16 years...

Agree on Phil - was one of a couple bad decisions today.

Majority of his wins are in singles though. 9-17-1 when he has a partner. Not sure what happens in these matches but something happens. Not sure if the partners tense up or if Tiger doesn't play his own game or what. I can tell you though that if I were Captain I would only play him once on Friday and once on Saturday because of it...

Majority of his wins are in singles though. 9-17-1 when he has a partner. Not sure what happens in these matches but something happens. Not sure if the partners tense up or if Tiger doesn't play his own game or what. I can tell you though that if I were Captain I would only play him once on Friday and once on Saturday because of it...

My guess and it is just a guess is that Tiger's game was so different than most players at the time 15 to 20 years ago. He was playing from place most players weren't used to playing from. How Tiger strategized a course was much different from other players. Sometimes you have to play cautious and play the safe shot in match play and that wasn't in Tiger's approach to playing a round very often.

Those are very good points. I recall they searched for years to find a partner for Woods - was supposed to be Stricker which worked for a little while.

Spieth seems fit to play with him - you need someone who can completely block out the distractions and focus on their own game. Tiger is his own circus at any event, even the team ones.

Hoping Team USA can get a measly 1/2 point from this afternoon.

Gotta stay within reach by Saturday fourball.

I finally stopped watching. We were up 3-0 when I turned it on earlier this morning. Hopefully, that will help.

I finally stopped watching. We were up 3-0 when I turned it on earlier this morning. Hopefully, that will help.

It did not.

That was an utter disaster for the US. A complete demolishing job by Europe. I think they said this was a first where all four matches were won by one team by a margin of 3 and 2 or larger.

I am almost glad I had to work. Those scores look ugly.

Miller had a stat that said since 1963 there have only been four times a team had come back to win after being down by 2 pts after round two. Not sure how many total times that scenario has occurred.

Tomorrow is a new day. Luckily we had a good morning round and are not totally out of it. Even if we only break even tomorrow, we can still win it being two down going into singles...

Tomorrow is a new day. Luckily we had a good morning round and are not totally out of it. Even if we only break even tomorrow, we can still win it being two down going into singles...

Nah. Might as well give up now and head over to Paris to the Folies Bergere. :D:D:D

I think the pairings themselves are decent but were poorly planned. As cma said Phil should be in fourball not foursomes, especially with a rookie. I really question playing Fowler for 36 holes as he's been injured...and it's not a simple injury.

Fleetwood/Molinari and Garcia/Noren were pretty much unstoppable but the other matches were absolutely up for grabs. I frankly don't think we put out our best playing chances.

Little surprised about todays pairings. Seems like pairings were set before play started and no adjustments were planned.

Need that halve out of Finau and Koepka Got to make some putts on way in as Rory seems rattled.

Do people actually get paid to come up with these cheesy jingles for the commercials?

Did DeChambeau forget to convert over to the metric system for his calculations??

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT