ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Ryder Cup

Do people actually get paid to come up with these cheesy jingles for the commercials?

Did DeChambeau forget to convert over to the metric system for his calculations??

Yes they do. I have done a few. A very east gig to do. Sometime in and out of the studio in 20 minutes.

As for Team USA, listening to PGA radio this AM, one analyst commented that we don't play as a team. Even though it is a team of two, we play as individuals trying to make the fantastic shot. In other words, a lack patience. We don't communicate to determine what shot will compliment your partner. That was his analysis anyway.

Nothing to do with “playing as a team”. That’s just a cop out for not hitting fairways and greens.

Europe hits it into the rough or water, you switch to 3 wood and play your opponent. Execute, end of story has nothing to do with will.

Rookies like DeChambeau will hopefully learn to read less break into the slower Euro greens. I think he will be very good for some years.

Reactions: NoleLizards
The big cat likes to roll solo...
True that. I think Bryson will be a good regular for the US. He is smart and humble enough to learn form this.

US needs to figure out how to play in the slower greens and heavy air/wind of Europe in the fall. Until we learn to execute those differences to PGA tour conditions we won’t win over there.

Reactions: cmanole
Phil should not have been picked. I like the guy but they needed a fairway finder instead. Phil could be vice captain.

Tiger should not have played day 1, he was mentally gassed after winning last week.

Fowler was hurt and should have played less.

I can't understand some of the pairing decisions. Added to these mistakes, several guys just didn't play well...and Europe did.

Phil should not have been picked. I like the guy but they needed a fairway finder instead. Phil could be vice captain.

Tiger should not have played day 1, he was mentally gassed after winning last week.

I can't understand some of the pairing decisions. Added to these mistakes, several guys just didn't play well...and Europe did.
On the flip side, Tony Finau's a young strapping lad who could've played more.

On the flip side, Tony Finau's a young strapping lad who could've played more.
Yes and yes. The Americans need to stop worrying about feelings and take a more pragmatic approach. Phil probably shouldn't have been picked but since he was there is no way in hell he should have played alt shot. I would have played him and Tiger in four ball only Fri and Sat. You have to let the young guys and the hot hands play 36. And why was Spieth and Reed broken up anyway? So many poor decisions...

Apparently there was some real friction on the team involving Reed and Spieth. Reed didn't have much good to say about Furyk either.

We just seemed to have too many players that were not good off the tee and far too often landed in that deep rough.

Apparently there was some real friction on the team involving Reed and Spieth. Reed didn't have much good to say about Furyk either.

We just seemed to have too many players that were not good off the tee and far too often landed in that deep rough.
I sincerely hope that the PGA of America has the good sense to set up Whistling Straits to maximize the strengths of the U.S. team members in two years.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Will say I wasn't expecting much from Webb Simpson going into it and he proved me wrong. JT, Webb, and Finau were the bright spots of what turned out to be a terrible weekend in Paris.

I sincerely hope that the PGA of America has the good sense to set up Whistling Straits to maximize the strengths of the U.S. team members in two years.
It's a massive golf course, can play 7700+ yards. Unfortunately anything off the fairway is deep grass and dunes.

We are at an inherent disadvantage in that many of the Euro players will have played our Ryder Cup courses (Hazeltine, Oak Hill, Whistling Straits, etc). In contrast, we barely play their places if ever (K club, Celtic Manor, Le Golf, etc). That's partly America's fault.

In the end we had some really incomprehensible strategy AND poor execution. We deserved to lose.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
I would hope this isn't true.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/du...up-party-koepkas-representation-refutes-story
Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Paulina Gretzky and others reportedly separated at Ryder Cup party; Koepka's representation refutes story

But is it is, no wonder the US got smoked with the terrible chemistry of the team when yiu add in Reed's comments.
Wouldn't sweat that too much even if true. They are training/workout buddies and compete/talk trash with each other quite frequently. If it boiled over it will probably not last...often these things make people better friends in the long run.

Overall the US team sure looks like primadonnas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT