ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Women's Soccer

Not in my opinion.
She could rest in the 1st round of the NCAA more easily. In fact the 1st 2 rounds should be easier than what we had tonight or Sunday.

I've watched a lot of FSU soccer over the years, but a 5-0 whuppin' of a good Texas team is about as good as I've ever seen.
Hope we keep it up.

Reactions: c691027
FSU is absolutely better than Clemson. Doesn't guarantee a win, but the odds are strong that we advance to Monday's championship game to play the winner of BYU and Stanford.

We won a hard fought game against clemmy. To be fair, Clemmy played us tough in the 1st half. They lack individual finishers with pace up top.
I also learned we got a flip commitment from Solai Washington who was committed to Duke.
She is a F from Georgia who is the 2 time Gatorade POTY in jawga. Ranked #17 by TDS.
She will pair well with Suarez (#18) and Dudley to make a formidable front line. That said, you can't expect freshmen to come in and perform as well as Echegini or Olsson in their first year. Dudley is the RARE exception.

Reactions: nitramdj
My daughter played against Solai last year. IMO she is a better overall talent than Dudley, if you can imagine that. We also saw Dudley play as our high school played hers when my daughter was in 8th grade. While our high school was ranked top 5 in the nation at the time, Dudley single handedly beat us that game.

The future is definitely bright for the Lay Noles Soccer Program!

My daughter played against Solai last year. IMO she is a better overall talent than Dudley, if you can imagine that. We also saw Dudley play as our high school played hers when my daughter was in 8th grade. While our high school was ranked top 5 in the nation at the time, Dudley single handedly beat us that game.

Not trying to be rude, but are you kidding? I hope to God you are right, but Dudley is the best freshman I have ever seen at FSU. I'm thinking Bunny Shaw and Macario level of impact.
PLease elaborate as to what "better overall talent" means. I mean Dudley has size, strength, long speed, quickness, high soccer IQ. What does Solai have that makes her better overall?
Again, hope you are right!

Not trying to be rude, but are you kidding? I hope to God you are right, but Dudley is the best freshman I have ever seen at FSU. I'm thinking Bunny Shaw and Macario level of impact.
PLease elaborate as to what "better overall talent" means. I mean Dudley has size, strength, long speed, quickness, high soccer IQ. What does Solai have that makes her better overall?
Again, hope you are right!
While she doesn't have the size, IMO she has better ball control and is quicker. Put her in a crowd of defenders, and somehow she gets out of it more often than not.

Dudley has played better than I remember her, so maybe my memories of Solai aren't quite there. It was different with my daughter actually out there as opposed to being in the stands with me. Even if Solei is equal to Jordyn, we are in for a treat for a few years.

I posted this elsewhere, but thought you guys/gals would enjoy it.
So proud of this team. A few observations and opinions.
1. Thanks to PAJ for great coverage and insights!
2. So happy for Beatta and Jody having great games! A brace for Jody and a goal and 2 assists for Beatta! Well deserved and well earned.
3. Jordyn Dudley is so stinking talented and plays with an edge! Stay away pros!
4. Echegini is a phenomenal goal scorer who is able to find her own shot when needed. Not many can do that!
5. Taylor Huff just does what is needed! She doesn't seem to mind not being the star as long as she is helping the best team in recent soccer history. ?2019 Stanford? is the best not named FSU I can remember.
6. Nesbeth could easily be FSU's POTY for all the dirty work she did very much like Jaelin Howell!
7. Iwai grew into that Right back role and was phenomenal over the last 1/3 of the year!
8. Gilchrist is just rock solid and dependable, and I mean that in a complimentary way! Do they leave her there or move her into Nesbeth's role next year? Just me thinking.
9. Flynn. Over the last 1/2 to 1/3 of the year her defending has been next level and she has been very good at coming up to midfield stealing passes! DPOTG well deserved!
10. Mimi Van Zanten future (as in next year) AA at the left back. Still on a steep improvement curve.
11. Roque. PAJ said it best when he called her the "Cheat Code". I hope it was PAJ who originated that; otherwise correct me.
12. Pais, Alagoa, Garcia, Zipay, Nguyen, Taitano and Nourse all contributed off the bench.
13. Special shoutout to a finally healthy "Zip" who is gaining confidence and could be a major player for us next year.
14. Grateful for Mark Krikorian for laying the foundation and starting a dynasty at FSU. There is no Brian Pensky without Mark Krikorian. I've hear multiple interviews including recently with BP mentioning frequent contact with Mark. Kudos to them both.
15. Brian Pensky was a phenomenal hire. No disrespect to Mark, but this style of play is so much more enjoyable to watch!
16. With 2 top 25 TDS flips (Suarez from UNC and Washington from Duke), am I being too optimistic to suggest that we are now becoming more attractive to the top recruits?
17. Throw in a couple of Huff/Echegini transfers and let's rinse and repeat next year!
Go Noles!

p.s. Not many teams have talented forwards who can take the top off of a defense and are skilled with the ball also. FSU has 4 of them. Talk about an embarrassment of riches! Now who is coming back next year?

I'm so impressed with Nesbeth... Didn't think Jaelin could be easily replaced at the 6 but she's taken over with flying colors!!

Article from the Democrat. The video attached is a little hard to watch.

Reactions: billanole
If you're looking at soccer national championship T-shirts, this is through Rising Spear and has names of all of the players:

Reactions: NoleLizards

If this is the same Solai that played at Chamblee HS, my son, who coaches teams in the Atlanta area, has mentioned her to me several times. Said she is the real deal (plays for the Jamaican national team, maybe?)

Reactions: c691027 and FSUdawg
If this is the same Solai that played at Chamblee HS, my son, who coaches teams in the Atlanta area, has mentioned her to me several times. Said she is the real deal (plays for the Jamaican national team, maybe?)
Same one. She is phenomenal. I'm just glad we aren't playing them again this year during High School season.

Reactions: c691027 and goldmom
Thanks for the info FSUdawg and seminoleed! Assuming Jordynn comes back, they should make quite a tandem up front!
I'm wondering if Solai and the other freshmen will be enrolling in January and here for the spring exhibitions.

Reactions: c691027
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT