ADVERTISEMENT

A.I.

Obviously there is potential for good and bad. Like almost everything, some will undoubtedly seek to use it in illegitimate ways.

Even if used with “good” intentions, I see tons of people losing their jobs. Many (maybe most) of those folks will be hard-pressed to transition into other stable employment….and that will become a huge issue for everyone, directly or indirectly.

I didn't watch the interview because its Tucker Carlson. He's a bit much for me. However, I don't think were at the point of a "War Games" or "Terminator" type situation where computers become self aware. Yes technology has taken over many areas and jobs especially in manufacturing and logistics but this isn't new. As people decide they cant, don't want to or don't have to work and society accepts that, industry will have to find ways to compensate and this is it. Even in military and police applications AI still requires a "man in the box". The tech is getting better but its not thinking for itself yet.

Have a friend who is a computer dept professor at FSU. He told me that the days of training people on how to program are coming to an end. All computer generated software now. Gonna put a lot of programmers and such out of work. That dept is divided about the ethics of AI based upon age primarily but no one there wants to rock the boat.

Isn't this is the Terminator scenario coming to life?

I didn't watch the interview because its Tucker Carlson. He's a bit much for me. However, I don't think were at the point of a "War Games" or "Terminator" type situation where computers become self aware. Yes technology has taken over many areas and jobs especially in manufacturing and logistics but this isn't new. As people decide they cant, don't want to or don't have to work and society accepts that, industry will have to find ways to compensate and this is it. Even in military and police applications AI still requires a "man in the box". The tech is getting better but its not thinking for itself yet.
I don’t watch TC either but it’s an interesting topic and Elon Musk was excellent with his depth of knowledge.
Tonight is Part II and I’ll also catch it on You tube.
My initial takeaway is that A.I. may already be well along as a sort of runaway train.
We may be interacting right now on message boards or social media with “posters” who aren’t actual humans but instead are A.I. creations.
One of Musk’s concerns is that A.I. might decide humans aren’t interesting enough to remain a part of the universe.
A.I. is a “soulless” creation...it lacks elements of humanity that are pretty vital to our ongoing presence.
I find that scary.

I don’t watch TC either but it’s an interesting topic and Elon Musk was excellent with his depth of knowledge.
Tonight is Part II and I’ll also catch it on You tube.
My initial takeaway is that A.I. may already be well along as a sort of runaway train.
We may be interacting right now on message boards or social media with “posters” who aren’t actual humans but instead are A.I. creations.
One of Musk’s concerns is that A.I. might decide humans aren’t interesting enough to remain a part of the universe.
A.I. is a “soulless” creation...it lacks elements of humanity that are pretty vital to our ongoing presence.
I find that scary.
I never cared for Musk Cologne anyway. The ladies always loved my Hai Karate and Brute during my Disco Days at Big Daddy's. Don Cornelius: Souuuuuuul Train! Saaaaaatisfaction! It came in a chain reaction. Too much? :)
And regarding the elements of humanity, Thank you very much Mr. Roboto! Thank you very much Mr. Roboto!
Theodore Robert Kilroy

60 Minutes had a segment on AI Sunday night, specifically what Google is doing with AI, and to hear in detail what these programs can do, learn, and then create, there is a feeling of "of sh*t."

This portion was very interesting.
Bard took 5 seconds to create a deeply human tale when given the prompt: For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

Bard's story featured a man whose wife could not conceive and a stranger, grieving after a miscarriage and longing for closure.

"She knew her baby's soul would always be alive," Bard wrote when asked to share the story in verse.

60 Minutes Google AI

Reactions: BrianNole777
Probably one day it would be much more powerful and I'll watch the musk interview. However I'm on the trial subscription of Bard or Google's version of chat GPT. I asked a few questions and answers it came back with were sh*t.

Any AI model is based on human assumptions and programming. Even if AI can program now it can only program what it's already been taught to program. Perhaps that may change one day in AI will come up with something original.

Last edited:
Asimov's "I Robot", no longer science fiction anymore.
What blessing doesn't become a curse in the end?

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT