ADVERTISEMENT

ACC will get to improve through subtraction, Beamer is out at VT

It is time. Actually, much like some others, it is past time

Unless I am forgetting someone that makes Paul Johnson & Cutcliffe the longest tenure coaches in the ACC followed by Dabo.

I'm not surprised he's out. I am glad they announced he has decided to retire and allowed him to leave with some dignity. He has been the face of that program for years and deserved to go out gracefully.
This! x100

per the four letter network which is why I won't link it.

Beamer has always seemed like a solid guy, but I think the timing is right. He hasn't held on as tight as some coaches who should have just enjoyed an appropriate retirement. I don't think he will take over, but I have a funny story about VT DC Bud Foster interviewing with a friend of mine years ago. I can't hear Bud Foster's name without adding by instinct, the NSFW tagline that my buddy came up with. Let's just say that Bud enjoys private time with the ladies.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Bud is going to be a highly sought after free agent. The only knock on him is that he can't recruit worth a crap..

Oh I agree, Frank Beamer is a classy guy and has done a lot for that program. Didn't want to insinuate he's a jerk like Spurrier, just highlighting how this won't get the kind of good press that Spurrier got two weeks ago. Typical sports media though.

Not sure it'll be an improvement. I just don't know how you recruit in Blacksburg, and the fact that Beamer was able to do it for so long is evidence of how good he was.

My lasting impression of Beamer
image.png

The problem is that Beamer and his staff aren't recruiting well, even in their own back yard. Hell, we've made regular pit stops in Virginia and grabbed some of the best HS players in the state..

Reactions: FSUTribe76
In all likelihood that's his last win over FSU in his insignificant career - let him strut around like a fool if he wants. Who cares.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT