ADVERTISEMENT

After the nuclear dust, My "Final" Thoughts to Trickett Kelly deniers

Fear the Spear

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Look I'm not trying to bash any FSU fan. If you still support Trickett and Kelly you are still my brother. We all dearly love our school, and we are over the top passionate about the football program. After yesterday can't you all see change at these 2 positions are desperately needed? I'm going to lay out the facts of why change is needed and things are going to get worse.

1. Charles Kelly. The old saying goes "Defense Wins Championships". I believe great balanced teams win titles but it starts with defense! Charles Kelly was given a brand new Ferrari and the man simply can't put up the same lap times another driver could. I know a few things about F1 & Ferrari and YES THE PERSON IN THE COCKPIT MATTERS. Mark Stoops did and incredible job assembling talent with Pruitt taking advantage of that talent. Charles Kelly has incredibly hurt the FSU brand on defense. Think back to the 2014 season. We could have gone back to back if we had someone who knew what they were doing on defense. The ENTIRE YEAR 2014 we trailed in every single game except wake. Think about that!!! Come back last season victories in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Busted assignments, poor tackling, playing flat. No not yesterday, 2014. The icing on the cake and the beginning DEMISE of the brand and aura was Oregon taking FSU to the woodshed. Kelly should have been FIRED AFTER THAT PLAY OFF GAME. Fired or demoted. We were fed BS. Every team that has given us fits has gone back to the Oregon tape. FSU lost some invincibility that day and taking that whipping. Yes we got whipped!!!! And it wasn't a fluke with this guy.

FWD 2015 we basically play a schedule of pro set teams, we lose the Clemson game but think we are for real because we hold them to 23 points yet we get throttled by an up tempo Houston team. The excuses are blamed on the QB position.

2016 the excuses before the season was DEFENSIVE YOUTH! Charles Kelly's unit gets torched by Ole Miss opening game 34 points surrendered. You all saw the game. Third game of the season AND THE DEATH BLOW to our mystique under this DC. Nearly 40 years of DENFENSIVE EXCELLENCE of Mickey Andrews, Mark Stoops & Pruitt. 63 points surrendered to LOUISVILLE.
63 points. The following week, 35 to USF and 35 to UNC. The next good team we face, Clemson we surrender 37 points.

Folks the kids playing for this DC can NOT AND WILL NOT SUCCEED. His scheme is stupid and how can a unit be psychologically prepared to "shut someone down" when you've routinely given up tons and tons of points the past 3 seasons.

Jimbo should have FIRED KELLY, post Louisville game. You saw yesterday with NC St, STOP WITH THE RUST EXCUSES. Poor tackling, no hitting, no penetration in the gaps and we can't stop anyone on 3rd down. When is enough enough?

Think I'm joking about perception? ACC Wrs ARE NOT afraid of Derwin James or anyone on our defense.

Rick Trickett, all I'll say is he owes apologies to Sean Maguire, Goldson, Francois and yesterday you saw Blackman take a beating. Not only does he owe them apologies the stable of backs we have he to should be run off. Waste of incredible talent.

Sooner or later this is going to bleed into recruiting and Jimbo is going to lose the entire program. Mark my words guys. It doesn't MATTER if we beat a bad Miami team or a bad UF. Even if we were to manage an upset of Clemson.

FIRE KELLY AND TRICKETT.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News