ADVERTISEMENT

Alanta Falcons You Cheating Bastardos

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Pumping in crowd noise during home games. Looks like it's going to cost the team $350K and a 5th Round pick

link

That is so weak! I'm sort of surprised at the penalty though. Seems severe. Seems more bush league than a punishable offense.

Either way, how lame are the Falcons for doing that?

Originally posted by LesClaypool:
That is so weak! I'm sort of surprised at the penalty though. Seems severe. Seems more bush league than a punishable offense.

Either way, how lame are the Falcons for doing that?

Extremely
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I dug it at Louisville, it's great when you are winning. Booze, Vanilla Ice and another 4th quarter comeback by Jaboo. There wasn't anybody hating it in the Nole section. What a fun place to see a game, love it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:
is this legal in college, because Miami has been doing this for years.
Clemson does it too! They also use strobe lights when we are on third down.

Let's face it. The entire NFC South sucks. No team with a below .500 record should be in the playoffs. I wish the NFL would consider changing the rules to ensure sorry teams like the Saints, Bucs, Falcons or Panthers can't be in the playoffs when they suck so bad.

Originally posted by runkpanole:

No team with a below .500 record should be in the playoffs. I wish the NFL would consider changing the rules to ensure sorry teams like the Saints, Bucs, Falcons or Panthers can't be in the playoffs when they suck so bad.
fair point, but changing the NFL playoff system would only make it worse.

not many sub 500 teams make it too far into the playoffs and if they do they earn it because they are playing the highest seeded teams on the road.

As for the NFC South, its down now but that happens to every division from time to time.

I believe this difference and what makes this worth a fine is when the noise was piped in and what the noise was. The Falcons weren't playing music, they were using artificial crowd noise to make fans seem louder. Most of the instances I've heard of before are music being played and lights, which are suppose to stop at certain points, but the Falcons were using continuous fake crowd cheering. Another black-eye on Atlanta fans it would seem, because the Falcons are basically saying, "hey, our fans suck and don't make enough noise for a homefield advantage." I'm not a Falcons fan, so, the best part to me is that the Falcons were a combined 6-9 at home the past two seasons when the crowd noise was being used.

In Atlanta, you will find probably the largest number of bandwagon fans for any pro sport. Just look at the Hawks attendance this year. Win, and they will come. Suck, and they won't.

Most of the tickets are bought by corporations anyway these days, so if they can't unload them on customers, they just sit empty.

It's a sad indictment of Atlanta fans, but it is what it is. I was born here, but I grew up in Florida listening to the Braves on WSUN radio out of St. Pete and always imagining what a big league park was like and all the excitement generated. Moved here in '74 after graduation from FSU and went to a Braves/Cubs game the very next day. Imagine my disappointment to see less than 10,000 people there, most of whom were Cubbie fans.
frown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by seminoleed:
In Atlanta, you will find probably the largest number of bandwagon fans for any pro sport. Just look at the Hawks attendance this year. Win, and they will come. Suck, and they won't.

Most of the tickets are bought by corporations anyway these days, so if they can't unload them on customers, they just sit empty.

It's a sad indictment of Atlanta fans, but it is what it is. I was born here, but I grew up in Florida listening to the Braves on WSUN radio out of St. Pete and always imagining what a big league park was like and all the excitement generated. Moved here in '74 after graduation from FSU and went to a Braves/Cubs game the very next day. Imagine my disappointment to see less than 10,000 people there, most of whom were Cubbie fans.
frown.r191677.gif
Agree completely, originally from Florida, moved up here after law school. The "fans" are amazing in that regard. We live on the far west end of Cobb and try to make it to a few Braves games a year (I'm not a fan of the other teams so I don't even try). The traffic is a pain, so I get that for a lot of fans, but usually the Braves fans are outnumbered or it's a very even split.

Originally posted by seminoleed:

frown.r191677.gif
people say this about Atlanta, but I grew up in Miami and their games used to be blacked out all the time. Same thing with Tampa. Atlanta rarely has a T.V. blackout.

i can remember the Heat were down a few points in the Finals, and their fans were leaving, and then they went and won the game and some of the fans tried to get back in, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT