ADVERTISEMENT

Another day, another cop murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
And good cops should expose bad cops, as often, they are the only ones who can. Not everything can be videotaped.
I've yet to hear anyone provide a reasonable rebuttal to this point.
By ignoring and not exposing the behavior of bad cops, good cops are complicit in their wrongdoing.

Why do good cops refuse to police their own??

Interesting article

aei1.jpg

But, but, but.....

Put body and car cams on ALL of them. It makes them, and the people they interact with, more responsible for their actions.

"No wonder you people get shot" (Short version)

"No wonder you people get shot" (Full version)

#aintPalmBeachgrand

Last edited:
Assuming this is the same story it turns out he was a dirty cop who staged his suicide to look like a heroic death
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charles-joseph-gliniewicz-suicide_563a2fdfe4b0411d306f0a03

Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz embezzled thousands of dollars from the Fox Lake Police Explorer program for seven years, and spent the money on such things as mortgage payments, travel expenses, gym memberships and adult websites, Lake County Major Crimes Task Force Commander George Filenko said.

"We have determined this staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing in fact he was under increasing levels of personal stress from scrutiny of his management of the Fox Lake Police Explorer program," Filenko said.​

Reactions: speechteach
I went into this thread at the very beginning, and clicked on the link, then realized who the cop was and thought "oh, this should get really interesting on page 3."

I would expect the proliferation of body armor and medical advances to responsible for a decent portion of the decline in deaths.
I have no idea how many cops are wounded on the job.

It's kind of like the canard about a gun in the home being more likely to be used to kill a member of the household than a criminal - it presupposes the only valid measure of 'use' is if someone dies. A gun used to scare away a rapist, or capture a burglar doesn't count by those measures.
How many cops are murdered each year probably isn't the best way to observe the degree of danger they face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT