ADVERTISEMENT

Another day, another cop murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any statistical data to support that theory or are you just choosing to become part of the problem and not part of the solution?
There is, but it is a bit difficult to find all of it as the FBI only keeps stats and cops only report "justified" homicides. Nonetheless the number of people killed by cops dwarfs the number of cops killed.

Also being a cop isn't that dangerous despite what people claim. It barely makes the top ten of dangerous jobs.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Its sad on all accounts. I believe that there are issues with police accountability and systematic racism, however there appears to be a group of individuals using issues with police as justification for murdering police officers. Its certainly an illogical approach as you're not going to get officers to be less suspicious and afraid when they deal with african american's by having their own people murdered by African American's for simply being officers.

Just out of curiosity, who are these group of individuals, other than criminals, that is?

I'll have to go find the link, but there was a "granted small" organization that posted a video calling for the murder of police. The officer murdered in Houston apparently had several groups communicating to coordinate the killing according to the latest reports. Granted, if they are getting involved in murder then they are criminals.

I'll have to go find the link, but there was a "granted small" organization that posted a video calling for the murder of police. The officer murdered in Houston apparently had several groups communicating to coordinate the killing according to the latest reports. Granted, if they are getting involved in murder then they are criminals.

For this discussion, criminals = perps in the act of committing another crime and killed a cop in the process.

I was referring more specifically to the cops murdered in their cars or the cop who was killed in his own house recently.

Its sad on all accounts. I believe that there are issues with police accountability and systematic racism, however there appears to be a group of individuals using issues with police as justification for murdering police officers. Its certainly an illogical approach as you're not going to get officers to be less suspicious and afraid when they deal with african american's by having their own people murdered by African American's for simply being officers.
Agree with most of your post. One question tho..

Is this "group of people" similar to the type of people that went out and assaulted Muslims and Sikhs after 9/11 out of some delusional, psychotic, misguided, ignorant concept of revenge? There are a lot of insane people out there and each of them have their own button that will push them over the edge. We saw after 9/11 and we're seeing it again now -- the flawed mental wiring is pretty much the same in these types of folks - but they're not indicative of a larger group - they are exactly what we call them, lone wolves.

Agree with most of your post. One question tho..

Is this "group of people" similar to the type of people that went out and assaulted Muslims and Sikhs after 9/11 out of some delusional, psychotic, misguided, ignorant concept of revenge? There are a lot of insane people out there and each of them have their own button that will push them over the edge. We saw after 9/11 and we're seeing it again now -- the flawed mental wiring is pretty much the same in these types of folks - but they're not indicative of a larger group - they are exactly what we call them, lone wolves.

I don't know. What I do know is that the groups pushing the blacklivesmatter movement (Which I don't disagree with and actually support) are staying way too quiet on this issue. I'd like to see both the blacklivesmatter movement, the whitehouse, and the media getting out in front and repeatedly stating that attacks on officers will not resolve the issues, that they understand the anger that would lead others to do so, but that it will do more harm than good and if they really want to see a difference, then support good police officers while continuing to bring to light stories of bad policing as much as possible. The more truth that is brought out, the more of America will sway to your side. However, cops are not going to change their tactics if they are suddenly feeling like they're being hunted.

I support both the officers and the innocent civilians that have been hurt by the bad officers.

In general I agree with southgate; those I know who've made a career of being an officer make pretty good money while working and have very nice retirement packages. It's common for them to retire with pensions of $60-$70k per year (starting at age 50, running for life), and most also go into the DROP program that results in them exiting with an additional lump sum at retirement (typically $200k to $300k).
They may not live a life of luxury, but they aren't worried about starvation.

You are correct. I know some JSO detectives and a former deputy chief here in Jax and they do very well. Jacksonville does require officers to have a degree or have a certain number of years in the military plus an AA degree and they have to pay more to get people with those kinds of qualifications.

Calculating your pension based on your salary for your last three years; including overtime is a great deal. I forget what the cop vernacular for it (going underground--something like that). You basically tell the family I'm working every overtime shift, extra work, etc. that I can for 3 years, see you later.

The local paper published the top ten salary for police in Houston. With overtime, and the extra pay the get for standing guard at bars, clubs and "gaming establishments" - everyone on that list was making over 150K, with the top guy at 213K. That does include the benefits and money they make off the books.

Calculating your pension based on your salary for your last three years; including overtime is a great deal. I forget what the cop vernacular for it (going underground--something like that). You basically tell the family I'm working every overtime shift, extra work, etc. that I can for 3 years, see you later.

The local paper published the top ten salary for police in Houston. With overtime, and the extra pay the get for standing guard at bars, clubs and "gaming establishments" - everyone on that list was making over 150K, with the top guy at 213K. That does include the benefits and money they make off the books.

Yeah, they are all very adept at gaming the system by loading up on overtime, timing when to use accumulated sick/vacation days, and other tools to ramp up the pension payouts.

I don't know. What I do know is that the groups pushing the blacklivesmatter movement (Which I don't disagree with and actually support) are staying way too quiet on this issue. I'd like to see both the blacklivesmatter movement, the whitehouse, and the media getting out in front and repeatedly stating that attacks on officers will not resolve the issues, that they understand the anger that would lead others to do so, but that it will do more harm than good and if they really want to see a difference, then support good police officers while continuing to bring to light stories of bad policing as much as possible. The more truth that is brought out, the more of America will sway to your side. However, cops are not going to change their tactics if they are suddenly feeling like they're being hunted.

I support both the officers and the innocent civilians that have been hurt by the bad officers.
Why do you need them to do this?

Do you think the few lunatics (literally, mentally ill people) who go out and shoot unassuming cops would heed their word? Or do you think it would just make people feel a little better about things.

Houston PD chief should apologize for his inflammatory remarks about BLM - completely unfounded and bent on trying to silence the movement.

Did people who happened to share the same race as Charleston church, Sandy Hook, Colorado theater, etc... shooter have to come out and denounce that?

And to be fair, we don't really have an epidemic of cops getting shot by these lunatics to the point where everyone must "repeatedly" state what you're asking.

I simply don't understand why cops aren't willing to police their own. It's UNDENIABLE that they know there are bad apples among them.

How can these people, who by and large are great officers, be so derelict as to not make sure their fellow officers are doing the right thing? By ignoring, or worse aiding, the bad cops, they've essentially turned themselves into bad cops.

Nothing can be fixed until this is. Can't trust a cop who can't or won't police his own -- same goes for many, many DA offices full of borderline people.

Reactions: KitingHigh
You can upgrade the educational requirement, training and salary but you will still not solve the problem. IMO the problem is more the general public and media than the cops. I am 50 and the thought of mouthing off to a cop, filming my interaction and being disrespectful never crossed my mind. I knew not only would the cop bust my balls, but my parents would do the same. There is no respect for authority anymore and the media takes the 1st word and then runs with it over and over and over so enough people believe the 1st word regardless of what comes out later and shazam you have people that believe cops just go around looking for people to shoot for no reason. Look at Michael Brown the narrative was he put his hands up and the cop just killed him in cold blood; well that was not what happened, heck you had NFL players doing the whole hands up junk. Look at the dude in Baltimore a good % of people believe that this was just some guy minding his own business when the cops just decided to beat him to death; also not true. Throw in the fact that both these guys had substantial criminal records and essentially all this stink is in support of punks that were bad for the community; the dude in Baltimore had an arrest record a mile long, sold drugs to the kids in the neighborhood and committed his crimes in the neighborhood that is now acting like he was a martyr. There are certainly bad cops and they need to adjust some things; but unless society begins to respect authority and stop trying to be the next internet sensation none of the issues will be resolved.

Reactions: F4Gary
There are certainly bad cops and they need to adjust some things; but unless society begins to respect authority and stop trying to be the next internet sensation none of the issues will be resolved.
You realize without these bad cops, society would have no reason to be fearful of cops, no reason to record them, no reason to disrespect them.
Also, I'm beginning to think the 'bad cop' percentage is far higher than I previously thought.

At this point the only way to moderate police behavior (and as a side effect hold the civilian responsible for their behavior) is to videotape every interaction. I would encourage everyone to do it -- although shockingly cops still do some crazy ish knowing they're being filmed, which makes me question the intelligence of those individual officers.

If I spoke to a cop the way cops routinely speak to people, I'd be in cuffs in a heartbeat (for nothing really) -- respect is a two way street, and it's earned thought action, not bestowed by a badge.

I'd like to see both the blacklivesmatter movement, the whitehouse, and the media getting out in front and repeatedly stating that attacks on officers will not resolve the issues, that they understand the anger that would lead others to do so, but that it will do more harm than good and if they really want to see a difference, then support good police officers while continuing to bring to light stories of bad policing as much as possible. .

Conversely, I would like to see those actual good cops publicly coming out against the bad seeds in their own system, as well as privately turning those guys into IA. What I see, time and time again, is the good cops back up, and cover for the bad ones, even if they don't actually support their misdeeds. Blue Code of Silence.

What this does is cause the public to question ALL police, because there's no way to separate the good from the bad, because the the good won't even seperate themselves from the bad. If the police won't police their own, how can we expect them to safely police everyone else?

Conversely, I would like to see those actual good cops publicly coming out against the bad seeds in their own system, as well as privately turning those guys into IA. What I see, time and time again, is the good cops back up, and cover for the bad ones, even if they don't actually support their misdeeds. Blue Code of Silence.

What this does is cause the public to question ALL police, because there's no way to separate the good from the bad, because the the good won't even seperate themselves from the bad.
Thank you!!

Seems we ought to hold those in charge of enforcing our laws to a sliiiightly higher ethical standard than the citizens and criminals they're going after.

Reactions: crooked_rain
You realize without these bad cops, society would have no reason to be fearful of cops, no reason to record them, no reason to disrespect them.
Also, I'm beginning to think the 'bad cop' percentage is far higher than I previously thought.

At this point the only way to moderate police behavior (and as a side effect hold the civilian responsible for their behavior) is to videotape every interaction. I would encourage everyone to do it -- although shockingly cops still do some crazy ish knowing they're being filmed, which makes me question the intelligence of those individual officers.

If I spoke to a cop the way cops routinely speak to people, I'd be in cuffs in a heartbeat (for nothing really) -- respect is a two way street, and it's earned thought action, not bestowed by a badge.

Yep and it is a 2 way street. When a cop is interacting with you that is not the time to decide that you will be rude back. Whether you like it or not when a cop is pulling you over, questioning you or whatever they have the authority; no different than a teacher. A yes Sir or No Sir would go a long way in insuring that the interaction is positive; deciding that you should be able to walk up and add your 2 cents or get involved when you have been told to stand somewhere or be quiet is only escalating the situation. If the cop is rude or "disrespectful" then call their command; the problem is that to many people think that they are in authority and they are going deal with this cop right now! I am sure you disagree as it is pretty obvious you think cops should be all puppies and kisses and that most cops are the problem; reality is that is not going happen. I know everyone is innocent and the cop is being unreasonable in most peoples minds; but that is why there is a judicial process. Right now cops are being assassinated randomly, so the odds of them being on edge is pretty high. It is weird at 50 my wife and I have had plenty of interactions with cops and only 1 time was the cop rude or overly aggressive. We called the department and they dealt with it accordingly. I am sure that is because of my color or some sort of unknown privilege; rather than just being respectful. I have even had a cop pull me off a guy and I turned around to punch him too; he said he was a cop and I stood down, guess what nothing else happened. By the way I am white and this was a black cop.

Yep and it is a 2 way street. When a cop is interacting with you that is not the time to decide that you will be rude back. Whether you like it or not when a cop is pulling you over, questioning you or whatever they have the authority; no different than a teacher. A yes Sir or No Sir would go a long way in insuring that the interaction is positive; deciding that you should be able to walk up and add your 2 cents or get involved when you have been told to stand somewhere or be quiet is only escalating the situation. If the cop is rude or "disrespectful" then call their command; the problem is that to many people think that they are in authority and they are going deal with this cop right now! I am sure you disagree as it is pretty obvious you think cops should be all puppies and kisses and that most cops are the problem; reality is that is not going happen. I know everyone is innocent and the cop is being unreasonable in most peoples minds; but that is why there is a judicial process. Right now cops are being assassinated randomly, so the odds of them being on edge is pretty high. It is weird at 50 my wife and I have had plenty of interactions with cops and only 1 time was the cop rude or overly aggressive. We called the department and they dealt with it accordingly. I am sure that is because of my color or some sort of unknown privilege; rather than just being respectful. I have even had a cop pull me off a guy and I turned around to punch him too; he said he was a cop and I stood down, guess what nothing else happened. By the way I am white and this was a black cop.
To the contrary, the cop is the one currently at work. I'm neither in the classroom nor at work - there's no obligation for me to be cheery or cordial. Sure it would be nice, but I'm not having a good day, and I'm just a Grinch in general. That's my right. If I act like a dickhead to the cashier at publix or the guy answering the phone at the Dell call center they're trained to just deal with it and not react likewise - somehow cops are above the cashier/customer service standard of professionalism? When did we establish such a low bar for them? Or is it really pretty much okay b/c the people they're mainly rude to are minorities and so who cares?

As you point out you've had such positive experiences with cops because you're white, there's no doubt in my mind about that. Also, no one ever claimed that black cops treat black civilians fairly. I maintain that cops of all races are biased against black and hispanic minorities.

What I do know is that the groups pushing the blacklivesmatter movement (Which I don't disagree with and actually support) are staying way too quiet on this issue. I'd like to see both the blacklivesmatter movement, the whitehouse, and the media getting out in front and repeatedly stating that attacks on officers will not resolve the issues
This makes no sense. Are you insinuating that if a cop gets shot in the line of duty somehow blacklivesmatter, the whitehouse and the media are somehow responsible for all of it?

The more truth that is brought out, the more of America will sway to your side.
This is true. We're seeing more and more people come out against police brutality.

To the contrary, the cop is the one currently at work. I'm neither in the classroom nor at work - there's no obligation for me to be cheery or cordial. Sure it would be nice, but I'm not having a good day, and I'm just a Grinch in general. That's my right. If I act like a dickhead to the cashier at publix or the guy answering the phone at the Dell call center they're trained to just deal with it and not react likewise - somehow cops are above the cashier/customer service standard of professionalism? When did we establish such a low bar for them? Or is it really pretty much okay b/c the people they're mainly rude to are minorities and so who cares?

As you point out you've had such positive experiences with cops because you're white, there's no doubt in my mind about that. Also, no one ever claimed that black cops treat black civilians fairly. I maintain that cops of all races are biased against black and hispanic minorities.

I figured that would be your attitude. You get to act however you wish based on your current mood and everyone else needs to back off. Got it enjoy that attitude. Sad but typical of so many Americans it is no wonder we have so many problems. Just remember the next time you get pulled over you let that cop know that you are in charge and he needs to do what you tell him. I also love the assumption that since I am white I get some level of privilege. It is funny though I knew what your response was going to be when I made my post.

Reactions: F4Gary
Timely article from Reason magazine

"There is no 'War on Cops'"; There is a Long-Overdue Conversation About Police Brutality

http://reason.com/blog/2015/09/03/there-is-no-war-on-cops-there-is-a-long

There’s also no excuse for attempts by law enforcement, media, and politicians to claim that the unmotivated killing is part of a “war on cops” or in any way related to the Black Lives Matter movement or other people critical of law enforcement and police brutality.

To do so is simply to wave away a decade-long decline in confidence in police that has everything to do with behavior by law enforcement, not the citizens they serve. According to Gallup, the percentage of Americans with “a great deal/quite a lot of confidence” in police has dropped from 64 percent in 2004 to just 52 percent, its lowest number in 22 years.

So far this year, the same number of police nationwide have been killed in the line of duty as last year: between 25 and 28, depending on the source (this doesn't include traffic and other on-the-job accidents unless the officer was in pursuit of or actively engaged in dealing with a criminal).

As my Reason colleague Ed Krayewski writes, “In 2007, there were 67 cops shot and killed in the line of duty. In 2007 there was no ‘national conversation’ about police reform, no sustained focus on criminal justice reform, nothing in the national zeitgeist that would suggest the number of murders were the result of anything more than the number of people who had killed cops that year.”

Regardless, police spokesmen, Fox News hosts such Sean Hannity, and politicians such as Ted Cruz are quick to say that Goforth's killing by an in-custody suspect with a long rap sheet of violent assaults and mental problems is proof positive of a "war on cops."

It bears repeating: There is no war on cops. There is a long overdue and very welcome national conversation about criminal justice reform and more going on. That's partly due to new forms of media that allow citizens to document how police do their job

Last edited:
I figured that would be your attitude. You get to act however you wish based on your current mood and everyone else needs to back off. Got it enjoy that attitude. Sad but typical of so many Americans it is no wonder we have so many problems. Just remember the next time you get pulled over you let that cop know that you are in charge and he needs to do what you tell him. I also love the assumption that since I am white I get some level of privilege. It is funny though I knew what your response was going to be when I made my post.

Are you saying the police officers do not have a higher level of responsibility that those that they police? In a perfect world, yes, both sides would act with decorum. But, the reality is, no one lives in a vacuum. Just as the police officer who pulls you over, knows others officers are being murdered indiscriminately, the same holds true for many who are getting pulled over. Both sides are edge. But which side possesses the firearm and all the power? That's the same side who voluntarily signed up for the job.

If you sign up for a job with such power, you are also held to a higher level of responsibility. Act like it. Better yet, do something to change that person's opinion. Turn the other cheek. Do your job professionally, even in the face of someone who isn't. The only people who are going to change the current view of police, are police themselves.

Like I said many times on here. I don't blame the bad cops. There are bad seeds in all professions. I blame the good cops who turn a blind eye. I know police officers post on here, and I have yet to see them respond to my posts on this issue. I'd love to see just one cop acknowledge that and go, "Yeah, we do need to police our own better." But, the reality that I see if they, generally, all protect each other. That helps no one in the long run.

Like I said many times on here. I don't blame the bad cops. There are bad seeds in all professions. I blame the good cops who turn a blind eye. I know police officers post on here, and I have yet to see them respond to my posts on this issue. I'd love to see just one cop acknowledge that and go, "Yeah, we do need to police our own better." But, the reality that I see if they, generally, all protect each other. That helps no one in the long run.

Quality

Did you go to jail the time a police officer had to pull you off a guy and you almost hit him?

Yup. Their job is to protect and serve the public, not themselves.

This makes no sense. Are you insinuating that if a cop gets shot in the line of duty somehow blacklivesmatter, the whitehouse and the media are somehow responsible for all of it?

No. If a cop gets shot while chasing down a suspect and the suspect shoots back, then that's probably more related to chasing the criminal. However if a cop is asleep in his home, or filling up with gas, or simply sitting in his car and he gets executed, then I think there's probably an agenda that drove that. I'm not blaming the blacklivesmatter movement or the President, but I do think that they need to realize that their rhetoric, similar to yelling fire in a movie theater, is partially responsible. It would be helpful for them to at least make a token effort to call for a more civil response.

I'm not trying to diminish the acts that have occurred against minorities. I've spoken up enough that I've lost a few friends over it because I "support the criminals and hate the good guys". I just want it to go both ways. Lets speak up when police act improperly and call them to a higher standard, lets also speak up when others react to our rhetoric and hyperbole and act excessively due to it. I'm not holding them responsible, but they have a duty to call for civility in my opinion, especially the white house. If you're going to speak every time a story comes up about a black person getting shot and immediately act as if they're an innocent victim and blame the police before the evidence comes out, then you owe it to our officers to speak up and call for calm when officers are murdered in response.

Lets speak up when police act improperly and call them to a higher standard, lets also speak up when others react to our rhetoric and hyperbole and act excessively due to it. .

But where are the police calling out against their own when they are clearly in the wrong? They live snitches get stitches like they invented it.

It would actually do a lot more to achieve what you are asking from the general public. If the public saw the guys with the guns calling out their own guys with guns, it would go a long way in people not viewing this as us vs. them.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Thank you for exaggerating everything I wrote in order to prove your point.
If we want to have a constructive discussion, let's not twist each other's words.

No where did I saw that the cop needs to back off, nor that the cop needs to do what I tell him. I simply said the citizen is under no obligation to be polite. The cop however is on the clock and ought to be respectful and professional. You'll note on the side of every NYPD vehicle are the letters CPR, spelled out to mean Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect. Yet all too often that's a standard they don't live up to.

And yes, I feel very strongly that your race likely played in a role in the way you were treated, especially when you turned around and nearly swung on a cop. We can agree to disagree on that, b/c who really knows. But the problem is MANY minorities feel the same way - as the unfortunately societal saying goes, "perception is reality". Cops need a serious perception overhaul.

Adding to my point about perception and echoing crooked_rain's sentiments.

Until cops police their own, the public (or at least pockets of the public) will continue to distrust all cops.
Until cops begin their dealings with ALL citizens respectfully, the pockets of the public will continue to be standoff-ish with cops.

But where are the police calling out against their own when they are clearly in the wrong? They live snitches get stitches like they invented it.

It would actually do a lot more to achieve what you are asking from the general public. If the public saw the guys with the guns calling out their own guys with guns, it would go a long way in people not viewing this as us vs. them.

I don't disagree with this at all and I apologize if I didn't make that clear. It is this very type of thing which has been one of the reasons I have lost a number of "friends" lately as I have harped on that continually.

Did you go to jail the time a police officer had to pull you off a guy and you almost hit him?

No the back story is the guy I got in a fight with was a pure douche who had been thrown out of the bar we were in and then waited 3 hours for me to come out. I was leaving or trying to leave and he pushed and pushed and finally I was done with him. The bouncers some which were off duty cops and the cops outside saw the whole thing and were very pleasant and knew I was not the instigator; not to mention the guy I was on top of was significantly larger than I was. They were all in civilian clothes. It was probably a good thing that the cop was so cool for my health as he was like 6'4" and built like a d-lineman; he pulled me off the other guy like I was a 10 year old girl. He was very cool about the whole thing and even said he understood my initial reaction.

As far as the other questions I will just leave and we can disagree; no one is going to change anyone's mind anyways and these threads tend to escalate. I find it interesting though that the cops are supposed to be docile and if people are having a bad day then the cop since he works for the local government should sit there and take it. The cop has no idea what or who you are initially you could be a priest or Charles Manson; all they are trying to do in most cases is control the situation for yours and their safety. Again I do not expect any positions to change and right now it is cool to look at cops as the bad guys and find all their faults rather than look at others or society in general. I am out thanks for the discussion.

By the way Bacardi this is just a small piece of your posts; so doubtful I mischaracterized what you said; pretty sure I got it spot on.

I'm neither in the classroom nor at work - there's no obligation for me to be cheery or cordial. Sure it would be nice, but I'm not having a good day, and I'm just a Grinch in general. That's my right. If I act like a dickhead to the cashier at publix or the guy answering the phone at the Dell call center they're trained to just deal with it and not react likewise

I don't disagree with this at all and I apologize if I didn't make that clear. It is this very type of thing which has been one of the reasons I have lost a number of "friends" lately as I have harped on that continually.

I understand, thanks.

No. If a cop gets shot while chasing down a suspect and the suspect shoots back, then that's probably more related to chasing the criminal. However if a cop is asleep in his home, or filling up with gas, or simply sitting in his car and he gets executed, then I think there's probably an agenda that drove that. I'm not blaming the blacklivesmatter movement or the President, but I do think that they need to realize that their rhetoric, similar to yelling fire in a movie theater, is partially responsible. It would be helpful for them to at least make a token effort to call for a more civil response.

I agree there's a lot of rhetoric on both sides. In fact this measuring stick should apply to the police, and more so, because they have the power and are public servants. What the Houston police chief did was very counter-productive to reducing tensions. Also, I haven't heard any mainstream anti-police brutality movement leaders come out with a fatwa on police officers. If they somehow hinted that killing cops was the answer, and a cop got killed, then I agree with your assessment.

Cop in Texas arrested a 14 yr old kid for wearing a rosary. Cop slammed kid to ground twice and pinned him under his bodyweight after hand cuffing him.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mi...d-arrested-jail-wearing-rosary-football-game/

Cop in Louisiana outed for being a Klan member.
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/louisiana-cop-outed/

Cops in SF arrest public defender at courthouse for asking them a question.
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/public-defender-arrested-question/

http://www.ksat.com/news/ksatcom-exclusive-unedited-video-of-fatal-deputy-involved-shooting

They are trying to say this guy had a knife in his hand. I don't see it. Even if they did, they were in no danger. It looks like they just shot him with his hands up in the air.

Cop in Texas arrested a 14 yr old kid for wearing a rosary. Cop slammed kid to ground twice and pinned him under his bodyweight after hand cuffing him.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mi...d-arrested-jail-wearing-rosary-football-game/

Cop in Louisiana outed for being a Klan member.
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/louisiana-cop-outed/

Cops in SF arrest public defender at courthouse for asking them a question.
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/public-defender-arrested-question/

Massachusetts cop fakes attack and shoots own patrol car to cover up cause of crash and fire.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/us/massachusetts-police-cruiser-shot/index.html

Virginia cop indicted for 1st degree murder.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/us/virginia-police-shooting-murder-charge/

My take away from this thread is there are some who really like cops and some who really do not like cops.

Cops shouldn't be bad and neither should civilians .

Bad cops should be arrested and exposed for their badness. Good cops should be commended and exposed for their goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT