ADVERTISEMENT

Anquan Boldin about to reach landmark stat

73nole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2002
Melbourne, Fl
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

Quan has 999 receptions after yesterdays game with the Bengals. Hes 13th currently all time in receptions. Probably next week they'll get him to 1000 receptions right away and stop the game. I'm gonna be watching the NFL Red Zone channel watching for that catch.

What a great Pro player. Tough as nails. Don't know how he continued after that broken jaw a few years back. He may not ever make the NFL HoF but he'll sure be close. I'm not sure he was ever a #1 receiver since he played his prime along side Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona. Given his height and that hes not a speed guy hes done a hell of a job.

It was a great idea for him to switch to WR when he was a Nole. Quan has made the Nole nation proud. Go Quan

With just two more healthy seasons, he has a chance to have the 2nd most catches by a wide receiver in NFL history (behind only Jerry Rice). Who would have thought that coming out of college?

So with stats like that, why isn't he going to the HOF?

He earned many fans eternal admiration when he had to step in a play QB against GA in the bowl game - what was that one liner he had to the WR - ? Anyone remember what he said on the sideline after the guy missed another catch leading to an INT?
I am big fan of his for all time.

Reactions: CJRN
May not make the hall because of the back log of WRs waiting to get in: Marvin Harrison, TO, Tim Brown, Moss, and more. They won't put all those guys in at once. Plus to another poster's point, not ever being a clear #1 option may hurt him. He'll be close, hope he gets in.

I agree with you about all the other WR's waiting to get in. You can add Drew Pearson to your list.
I don't agree that he has never been the number 1 receiver on his team though. He was his rookie year; in Baltimore; and when he first got to San Fran.

With just two more healthy seasons, he has a chance to have the 2nd most catches by a wide receiver in NFL history (behind only Jerry Rice). Who would have thought that coming out of college?
He was a total bad ass in college and had a crazy good rookie year. Always thought he'd be good, but 1000 grabs is something. Great career. He made a grab in the second half of the Miami game in 2000 I'll never forget

Anquan HAS to be a favorite of every old school football fan. The old timers in the HOF will most likely factor in some of the newer WR's never would have lasted in the old game when DB's could play real defense.

As physical as Quan is he'd certainly get my vote, FSU or no FSU ties...;)

Reactions: NY_22_Nole
An interesting tidbit, both his 1st catch and his 1,000th catch came in Detroit.

He earned many fans eternal admiration when he had to step in a play QB against GA in the bowl game - what was that one liner he had to the WR - ? Anyone remember what he said on the sideline after the guy missed another catch leading to an INT?
I am big fan of his for all time.

I got to be sideline for that game and the athletic ability and football IQ to step in and play QB was amazing. That loss hurt cause FSU was so close to being in it with a hodgepodge O. What could have been if he had a month to prep...

Went to wiki just to check, they show
  • Fastest to record 200 career receptions (in 34 games)
  • Fastest to record 300 career receptions (in 47 games)[17]
  • Fastest to record 400 career receptions (in 67 games)[18]
  • Fastest to record 500 career receptions (in 80 games)[18]
  • Fastest to record 600 career receptions (in 98 games)[18]
They also show 3 lines of details for his college career. Someone should pump up his details, he was a great Nole and a great Pro as well. He quietly has had a great NFL career, 2 more seasons with solid #s, def a viable HOF option.

He's the best Florida HS QB I ever watched play. I know a bunch of coaches who feel the same way. Maybe top 5 player to come out of the state.......

May not make the hall because of the back log of WRs waiting to get in: Marvin Harrison, TO, Tim Brown, Moss, and more. They won't put all those guys in at once. Plus to another poster's point, not ever being a clear #1 option may hurt him. He'll be close, hope he gets in.

That, plus consider Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald, (who are both younger) will pass him in almost all the major categories (I think Fitz is ahead of him now). Plus, what is going to hurt Boldin, is he doesnt have that many dominate seasons. He has 7 1000 yard seasons which is very impressive, but only 2 100 catch seasons and only 1 season with more than 10 TDs. I think his #s are going to be just a bit shy of getting him in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT