ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone still interested in the NFL?

dredredre

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
I'm done after tonight..tired of watching the same lucky Patroits every year getting the help of the refs..I wish FSU got the help that the Patroits get every year...Feel bad for Ramsey and Smith..those guys should be playing in their first super bowl.

I hope the NFL loses millions from bad ratings.

I get there are calls that get missed both ways. But I could rewatch that game with you, and the amount of missed calls I could show you favoring the patriots seems quite strange. 1penalty against NE, right.

The NFL’s worst nightmare would be a Super Bowl featuring Jax and Minnesota. Two small-market teams with limited national appeal. So, yeah, the League may have subtly done what it could to prevent that nightmare from materializing.

I'm done after tonight..tired of watching the same lucky Patroits every year getting the help of the refs..I wish FSU got the help that the Patroits get every year...Feel bad for Ramsey and Smith..those guys should be playing in their first super bowl.

Winners create LUCK! If the Jags made the SB it would actually have crushed the ratings. When the Pats are in it everyone has a reason to cheer for them or against them.

Jags lost this game on offense. They had plenty of opportunities to put the stake into the Pats and didn’t get it done.

Reactions: nole4599
Then you must be tired of college football (Bama) and college Basketball (Duke/UNC)
The fix is in with regards to the NFL. Bob Kraft has the commissioner by the family jewels. There are forty million reasons that will make sure the patriots will the super bowl. On top of that. who went to bat for Goddell against Jerry Jones????? The difference with the college sports analogy is that even when the patriots get caught cheating, they only get a slap on the wrist. That said, UNC should and I hope will get hammered for their decade plus long cheating scandal.

Reactions: dredredre
I get there are calls that get missed both ways. But I could rewatch that game with you, and the amount of missed calls I could show you favoring the patriots seems quite strange. 1penalty against NE, right.

Not only that, the Spygate nonsense never ended. As usual, near flawless play calling on both sides of the ball in the second half of a title game. Completely selling out on the run on running plays but never doing so on passing plays. No one is that perfect with their calls against highest level opponents, or any opponent, yet the Patriots are year in and year out.

The NFL is much more competitive then college is.
Alabama will be in the playoffs again next year and every year after that.
At least in the NFL no one can be as sure about the SB.

Alabama will need to lose twice just to not be in the playoffs and even then they will find a way in it. College football is no fun right now. Its only about 6-8 teams that can win it in college every year.

They're the cleanest team in the league! They play straight up and don't break or even bend the rules! ..... HAHAHA I couldn't keep a straight face.

The Patriots got serious help from the refs. To say that game was rigged isn't just some conspiracy theory talk anymore. Today it was blatently obvious.

Then there's this

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/01/is_super_bowl_52_fixed_nfl_ad_angers_eagles_fans_p.html

26815574_10214465622529348_5689584869145402612_n.jpg

The fix is in with regards to the NFL. Bob Kraft has the commissioner by the family jewels. There are forty million reasons that will make sure the patriots will the super bowl. On top of that. who went to bat for Goddell against Jerry Jones????? The difference with the college sports analogy is that even when the patriots get caught cheating, they only get a slap on the wrist. That said, UNC should and I hope will get hammered for their decade plus long cheating scandal.
Guess you haven’t been paying much attention... UNC got off dude.

As a Pats fan, I'm always interested in the NFL. I can understand folks having Patriots fatigue, but what is there not to like about consistency at the highest level and doing more with less? It's really astounding to be honest.

As a Pats fan, I'm always interested in the NFL. I can understand folks having Patriots fatigue, but what is there not to like about consistency at the highest level and doing more with less? It's really astounding to be honest.
Doing more with less??? Seriously???

Look at the roster, time and time again the Patriots get other team's castoffs and coach them up. Little Smurf WR's making huge catches time and time again. I can understand your frustration with us being in the mix all the time, but what do expect this organization to do? It's up to the other team's to unseat us.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Look at the roster, time and time again the Patriots get other team's castoffs and coach them up. Little Smurf WR's making huge catches time and time again. I can understand your frustration with us being in the mix all the time, but what do expect this organization to do? It's up to the other team's to unseat us.
Unseat us???? What real position in the Patriots organization do you hold?

Yes, you heard me. How many HOF'ers are on this team other than Tom? I know Gronk is in, but they didn't even have him today. His most clutch WR that went down before the year was a QB at Kent State. Hogan was a lacrosse player if I remember correctly. How about over his entire career? How many HOF WR's or RB's has he had? Can you name any of his O-lineman? Any of them all time greats? This team is littered with guys from Rutgers and other parts unknown. They NEVER have a top 10 pick, and draft guys that are smart and gutsy grinders instead of collegiate greats. How about on the defensive side of the ball? You see any HOF'ers over there? I don't. The Patriots teams are built on team first, consummate professionals that weren't necessarily heralded players, but play in a way that they can, and do, beat nearly everyone.

Yes, you heard me. How many HOF'ers are on this team other than Tom? I know Gronk is in, but they didn't even have him today. His most clutch WR that went down before the year was a QB at Kent State. Hogan was a lacrosse player if I remember correctly. How about over his entire career? How many HOF WR's or RB's has he had? Can you name any of his O-lineman? Any of them all time greats? This team is littered with guys from Rutgers and other parts unknown. They NEVER have a top 10 pick, and draft guys that are smart and gutsy grinders instead of collegiate greats. How about on the defensive side of the ball? You see any HOF'ers over there? I don't. The Patriots teams are built on team first, consummate professionals that weren't necessarily heralded players, but play in a way that they can, and do, nearly nearly everyone.
Wow you got me.... The Patriots are simply the greatest NFL team ever and will be.... Why bother playing the season???? Wouldn't it be easier to just give the Patriots the Lombardi Trophy in August every year???

Take a look at these names and tell me who has the more heralded players on D. Now, tell me who dominated on D in the 2nd half when it mattered most. That's right, the guys that you probably never heard of. Especially before they became Patriots.

Pats 1's and 2's

LDE Eric Lee, Deatrich Wise
LDT Lawrence Guy, Alan Branch
RDT Malcom Brown, Adam Butler
RDE Trey Flowers, Deatrich Wise
WLB Kyle Van Noy, Marquis Flowers
MLB Elandon Roberts, David Harris
SLB David Harris, Jonathan Freeny
CB Malcolm Butler, Eric Rowe
SS Patrick Chung, Jordan Richards
FS Devin McCourty, Duron Harmon
CB Stephon Gilmore, Jonathan Jones

Jaguars 1's and 2's

DE Yannick Ngakoue ,Dante Fowler Jr.
NT Abry Jones, Marcell Dareus
DT Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus
DE Calais Campbell, Dawuane Smoot
WLB Telvin Smith Blair Brown
MLB Paul Posluszny, Donald Payne
SLB Myles Jack, Lerentee McCray
LCB Jalen Ramsey, Tyler Patmon
FS Tashaun Gipson, Peyton Thompson
SS Barry Church, Jarrod Wilson
RCB A.J. Bouye, Aaron Colvin

Take a look at these names and tell me who has the more heralded players on D. Now, tell me who dominated on D in the 2nd half when it mattered most. That's right, the guys that you probably never heard of. Especially before they became Patriots.

Pats 1's and 2's

LDE Eric Lee, Deatrich Wise
LDT Lawrence Guy, Alan Branch
RDT Malcom Brown, Adam Butler
RDE Trey Flowers, Deatrich Wise
WLB Kyle Van Noy, Marquis Flowers
MLB Elandon Roberts, David Harris
SLB David Harris, Jonathan Freeny
CB Malcolm Butler, Eric Rowe
SS Patrick Chung, Jordan Richards
FS Devin McCourty, Duron Harmon
CB Stephon Gilmore, Jonathan Jones

Jaguars 1's and 2's

DE Yannick Ngakoue ,Dante Fowler Jr.
NT Abry Jones, Marcell Dareus
DT Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus
DE Calais Campbell, Dawuane Smoot
WLB Telvin Smith Blair Brown
MLB Paul Posluszny, Donald Payne
SLB Myles Jack, Lerentee McCray
LCB Jalen Ramsey, Tyler Patmon
FS Tashaun Gipson, Peyton Thompson
SS Barry Church, Jarrod Wilson
RCB A.J. Bouye, Aaron Colvin

You're absolutely correct. The Patriots are simply the greatest NFL team of all time. The Patriots are so much better than the rest of the NFL. It just seems silly to have the playoffs. Why not just play the regular season and then give the Lombardi Trophy to the Patriots.

Wow you got me.... The Patriots are simply the greatest NFL team ever and will be.... Why bother playing the season???? Wouldn't it be easier to just give the Patriots the Lombardi Trophy in August every year???
Yes, they are and it would be. However, it wouldn't be as fun as it is proving time and time again that with the right ownership, top notch coaching, and player leadership and accountability, that your team can be the cream of the crop with unknown draft picks and free agents that other teams didn't want. It is sweet indeed.

Yes, they are and it would be. However, it wouldn't be as fun as it is proving time and time again that with the right ownership, top notch coaching, and player leadership and accountability, that your team can be the cream of the crop with unknown draft picks and free agents that other teams didn't want. It is sweet indeed.
You forgot owning the commissioner........

You forgot owning the commissioner........
We own him alright, but not in the way you are insinuating. He fined the team and suspended Tom last year for something they could not prove. Instead of bitching and threatening to get him fired like Jerry Jones did, they handled their business and won the SB. It sure was sweet watching him hand the trophy over to Mr. Kraft and giving Tom the MVP trophy. That press conference the following day must have been bitter sweet for him. Take a teams best player away for 1/4 of the year, and he still almost wins the regular season MVP, plays in his 6th straight AFC Championship, Wins his 5th SB by staging the greatest comeback in SB history, and is the SB MVP. After that, he realized he's NE's bitch and that he's been owned. It feels good man.

Reactions: hatsbo
We own him alright, but not in the way you are insinuating. He fined the team and suspended Tom last year for something they could not prove. Instead of bitching and threatening to get him fired like Jerry Jones did, they handled their business and won the SB. It sure was sweet watching him hand the trophy over to Mr. Kraft and giving Tom the MVP trophy. That press conference the following day must have been bitter sweet for him. Take a teams best player away for 1/4 of the year, and he still almost wins the regular season MVP, plays in his 6th straight AFC Championship, Wins his 5th SB by staging the greatest comeback in SB history, and is the SB MVP. After that, he realized he's NE's bitch and that he's been owned. It feels good man.
Did you read the article I posted? Bob and Roger are tight. Bob had his back in the Jones-Goodell spat over the Elliot suspension. Can you say quid pro quo?

I think you mostly make your own luck. I really don't like the Pats but they do indeed do more with less. They simply play smarter and more consistent football than anyone else.

The NFL is set up such that with relatively level talent a superb coach and superb pass rush, o-line, or QB will dominate the league. I haven't had much interest in the NFL for quite a time

Reactions: soflanolefan87
You're absolutely correct. The Patriots are simply the greatest NFL team of all time. The Patriots are so much better than the rest of the NFL. It just seems silly to have the playoffs. Why not just play the regular season and then give the Lombardi Trophy to the Patriots.

I am not a Pat's fan, but there isn't really an argument that they aren't the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

Reactions: hatsbo
Oh I'm quite aware what ole Johnny Swofford did to get his beloved tar heels exonerated from ten plus years of institutional cheating. He's a lying, cheating piece of ....

Yes, compare this to the punishment we received for some of our players cheating on a on-line music class. Talk about a load of BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT