ADVERTISEMENT

Arkancide

seminole97

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jun 14, 2005
How do you have a man hung from a tree by his neck, yet also shot in the chest, ruled a suicide when the weapon can’t be found?

I like to think of myself as creative, but I’m having a hard time putting together this scenario with the facts in evidence.

The report, written by Perry County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Lawson, says he was called to the ranch by worker Samantha McElroy who had found Middleton's abandoned black BMW SUV.

McElroy, 46, then walked around a cottage on the ranch.

'Almost immediately after stepping around the corner of the cottage she started yelling,' wrote Lawson.

'Upon reaching the back of the cottage she pointed towards the rear of the property and asked if that was a person.

'I could see what at first appeared to be a man sitting near a tree, as my eyes focused better, I could see a rope of some type going from the tree limb to the male."

Lawson said it was clear that Middleton was dead.

'I could see that he had a gunshot wound to the chest and that he had a knot tied in an extension cord that was around his neck and it was attached to the limb directly above him.

The deputy said a search of Middleton's vehicle turned up three boxes of buckshot and a gun case – but no weapon

What is this from? It would be fairly easy to determine what occurred first and the cause of death.

How do you have a man hung from a tree by his neck, yet also shot in the chest, ruled a suicide when the weapon can’t be found?

I like to think of myself as creative, but I’m having a hard time putting together this scenario with the facts in evidence.
I dunno...He was a good multitasker?? 🤓

Google search brings up the Daily Mail. No thanks ill get my news from the National Enquirer.
Seems like the owners would be setting themselves for a losing lawsuit from the family if they're falsely representing what is on the police report (this is your evidence free contention).

Family had sued to prevent release of pictures, etc. from the scene, but the police report has been released.

Which takes us back to the question of, how do the police determine it was a suicide when the murder weapon is missing? Seems like the kind of detail that would keep you from being able to label the situation a suicide.

Seems like the owners would be setting themselves for a losing lawsuit from the family if they're falsely representing what is on the police report (this is your evidence free contention).

Family had sued to prevent release of pictures, etc. from the scene, but the police report has been released.

Which takes us back to the question of, how do the police determine it was a suicide when the murder weapon is missing? Seems like the kind of detail that would keep you from being able to label the situation a suicide.
Not sure the police actually do that. Isn't that the coroners lane? Additionally, I don't know if you would really need a weapon to determine cause of death. If the cause of death was strangulation and the gunshot wound was post mortem then you could say it was suicide I guess.

Not sure the police actually do that. Isn't that the coroners lane? Additionally, I don't know if you would really need a weapon to determine cause of death. If the cause of death was strangulation and the gunshot wound was post mortem then you could say it was suicide I guess.

The roles of law enforcement officers and coroners are slightly different at a death scene. Law enforcement officers are concerned with whether a crime has occurred. They approach each unknown death scene with the idea that a crime has occurred and they work backward from that premise. Once they have established that a crime has not occurred, their mission has been fulfilled.
The role of the coroner is broader in nature. The coroner is concerned with establishing the manner and cause of death in all unknown-cause deaths. The importance of the coroner’s investigation is not diminished if a crime has not occurred

Even shooting a corpse is a crime.
What happened to the gun?
So weird.

The roles of law enforcement officers and coroners are slightly different at a death scene. Law enforcement officers are concerned with whether a crime has occurred. They approach each unknown death scene with the idea that a crime has occurred and they work backward from that premise. Once they have established that a crime has not occurred, their mission has been fulfilled.
The role of the coroner is broader in nature. The coroner is concerned with establishing the manner and cause of death in all unknown-cause deaths. The importance of the coroner’s investigation is not diminished if a crime has not occurred

Even shooting a corpse is a crime.
What happened to the gun?
So weird.
Ok so in this case how did the cop determine what happened first? That's out of the cops scope. So again its unlikely the cop determined suicide. Without a gun at the scene its unlikely to be a suicide so there must be more to the story. I'm not seeing this in any of the major outlets.

Ok so in this case how did the cop determine what happened first? That's out of the cops scope. So again its unlikely the cop determined suicide. Without a gun at the scene its unlikely to be a suicide so there must be more to the story. I'm not seeing this in any of the major outlets.
Gregory: “Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?”

Holmes: “To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

Gregory: “The dog did nothing in the night-time.”

Holmes: “That was the curious incident.”

Gregory: “Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?”

Holmes: “To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.”

Gregory: “The dog did nothing in the night-time.”

Holmes: “That was the curious incident.”
Why dont you just cite your source? Then we can all read the same thing.

Jabba the Huck runs redneckansas.

Cite your source
Taught you how to fish instead, saves time on both sides in the long run.

Do you find it weird someone could be tied to a tree by their neck, shot in the chest, but no sign of the weapon?

Or do you want to spend more time discussing how you can’t cut and paste any snippet you’re curious about into Google to learn more?

Taught you how to fish instead, saves time on both sides in the long run.

Do you find it weird someone could be tied to a tree by their neck, shot in the chest, but no sign of the weapon?

Or do you want to spend more time discussing how you can’t cut and paste any snippet you’re curious about into Google to learn more?
I'm not going to spend more time doing anything other than dumping your threads because you can't follow a simple request.

Why can’t you? What’s your excuse now that I’ve shown you how? It’s not like someone can copy something from media sites on the internet and it NOT show up in a google search, and you already know I make clear the quoted text with italics.

Now you threaten to ‘dump threads’ because you’re lazy?

Don’t look now, but the NYPost and other outlets have the story up.

If you’d search yourself that’d be easy to see…
I'm lazy because you're too sorry to cite you sources? That's some Trad level logic and reasoning there. That's not a compliment.

• Haha
Reactions: West Duval Nole

The report, written by Perry County Sheriff's Deputy Jeremy Lawson, says he was called to the ranch by worker Samantha McElroy who had found Middleton's abandoned black BMW SUV.

McElroy, 46, then walked around a cottage on the ranch.

'Almost immediately after stepping around the corner of the cottage she started yelling,' wrote Lawson.

'Upon reaching the back of the cottage she pointed towards the rear of the property and asked if that was a person.

'I could see what at first appeared to be a man sitting near a tree, as my eyes focused better, I could see a rope of some type going from the tree limb to the male."

Lawson said it was clear that Middleton was dead.

'I could see that he had a gunshot wound to the chest and that he had a knot tied in an extension cord that was around his neck and it was attached to the limb directly above him.

The deputy said a search of Middleton's vehicle turned up three boxes of buckshot and a gun case – but no weapon
Is it just coincidence that you always cut-and-paste your posts with no link or attribution at all, and every single time they turn out to be some clickbait tabloid crap site that just wastes everybody’s time to have ever engaged with?

No, you are not “helping” anybody by teaching us to Google, you’re just marking yourself as a really lousy message board participant.
If those are the sources you choose for your “news”, could you maybe keep that to yourself?
Thanks.

Is it just coincidence that you always cut-and-paste your posts with no link or attribution at all, and every single time they turn out to be some clickbait tabloid crap site that just wastes everybody’s time to have ever engaged with?

No, you are not “helping” anybody by teaching us to Google, you’re just marking yourself as a really lousy message board participant.
If those are the sources you choose for your “news”, could you maybe keep that to yourself?
Thanks.
So do you think the sources are falsifying what is contained in the police report?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT