ADVERTISEMENT

Arrest made in FSU Law Prof Dan Markel murder case

So the family seems to have gotten away with murder. We shall see what happens to those kids never really knowing what their mom and grandparents did.

I believe the allegation is that Magnabua took overt steps to broker the murder deal between the Adelsons and Garcia/Rivera, thereby putting her on the hook for the conspiracy and resulting murder. The fact that she turned down an immunity offer to roll on the Adelsons makes it clear that someone has has offered up a very large carrot or stick to control her decisions.

Tonight's two hour Dateline will about the case.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...essor-dan-markel-speaking-dateline/512609002/

The parents of slain Florida State law professor Dan Markel will sit down for their most extensive media interview to date with NBC’s Dateline for an episode to be broadcast from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday.

In addition to Ruth and Phil Markel, the episode will feature interviews with the lead prosecutor in the case, Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman, State Attorney’s Office Investigator Jason Newlin and Tallahassee News Director Jennifer Portman, among others.

what more can we learn other than Dan's folks aren't allowed to see their grand kid?

It really sucks, but nothing new is happening until after the trials this year.

Easy to see the ex wife’s family is behind the murder for hire. I Pray that they don’t get away with murder.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
The authorities are playing it smart I think. Since the evidence isn't there to arrest the family, they are putting the facts out there along with their own theory of what happened.

The family is stuck. They aren't going to sue anyone, because it means they open themselves up to being questioned about the case.

I am praying the entire family gets put under the jail. They deserve to rot.

I think dateline scares boob job and ends up getting her to rat on the family.

Reactions: noleit
Cliffs on the Dateline episode?

In a nutshell, the episode was just going over the whole story again, but with much more detail over two hours. Dan's parents were interviewed, which was something new. Interrogations were shown with many of the major players, and the dude that shot him (allegedly) that's still set to go on trial had his lawyer on there as well trying to explain away his role in the mess.

This episode made the crazy ex wife's family look horrible (and rightly so) just by presenting the facts. They even showed pictures of the brother and Wendi out having a good time with Katherine Magbanua. The undercover FBI operation with surveillance and recorded phone messages was on the episode as well. It may not directly link the family at this point, but the implications are damning. There is a special place in hell for this family. I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror. They are just bad people.

Still can't figure out why Garcia or Magbanua haven't rolled. I'm sure there's a logical reason, but I'm not an expert in these things. I would have given it up by now, I don't care what the family had promised.

In a nutshell, the episode was just going over the whole story again, but with much more detail over two hours. Dan's parents were interviewed, which was something new. Interrogations were shown with many of the major players, and the dude that shot him (allegedly) that's still set to go on trial had his lawyer on there as well trying to explain away his role in the mess.

This episode made the crazy ex wife's family look horrible (and rightly so) just by presenting the facts. They even showed pictures of the brother and Wendi out having a good time with Katherine Magbanua. The undercover FBI operation with surveillance and recorded phone messages was on the episode as well. It may not directly link the family at this point, but the implications are damning. There is a special place in hell for this family. I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror. They are just bad people.

Still can't figure out why Garcia or Magbanua haven't rolled. I'm sure there's a logical reason, but I'm not an expert in these things. I would have given it up by now, I don't care what the family had promised.
Are they seeking death penalty for any of them? It makes no sense as to why those other 2 are tight lipped. The family doesn't have that kind of money to keep people quiet. Also, did they talk about how his family cannot see their grandkids? or how Wendi changed the kids last names?

My guess is the two are keeping quiet as everything is pretty much circumstantial. Dan was killed 4 years ago and the state hasn't brought up a smoking gun.

In Florida we're good at letting people people go a-la Casey Anthony.

If they are convicted I can see the two flipping post conviction but not before.

Also, did they talk about how his family cannot see their grandkids? or how Wendi changed the kids last names?

They did. His parents said they havent seen the grandkids in over two years. They showed a statement by Wendi his ex-wife that said she stopped allowing them visitation because she found they were talking to prosecutors.

They brought up the name change as well and they said Wendi sent them an email saying she changed the boy's names to help them transition through this tough period and wouldnt force them to explain to people why their last name is different than their mother's.

They did. His parents said they havent seen the grandkids in over two years. They showed a statement by Wendi his ex-wife that said she stopped allowing them visitation because she found they were talking to prosecutors.

They brought up the name change as well and they said Wendi sent them an email saying she changed the boy's names to help them transition through this tough period and wouldnt force them to explain to people why their last name is different than their mother's.
Wendi and her family are psychopaths. Plain and simple.

My guess is the two are keeping quiet as everything is pretty much circumstantial. Dan was killed 4 years ago and the state hasn't brought up a smoking gun.

In Florida we're good at letting people people go a-la Casey Anthony.

If they are convicted I can see the two flipping post conviction but not before.

I agree. They are going to roll the dice at trial and take a deal after. They lose a ton of leverage at that point. While the guy who has already flipped has an admitted history of being a POS, he comes across as believable to me. I can't think of anything that explains why he and Garcia were there. Only thing I can think of is Garcia says he wasn't the shooter.

How about the Professor that was questioned telling the cops he didn't want to presented on a show like Dateline as a potential suspect only to be presented as a potential suspect on Dateline

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I agree. They are going to roll the dice at trial and take a deal after. They lose a ton of leverage at that point. While the guy who has already flipped has an admitted history of being a POS, he comes across as believable to me. I can't think of anything that explains why he and Garcia were there. Only thing I can think of is Garcia says he wasn't the shooter.

Prosecutor just needs to sack up and try the case. No way a Leon County jury believes whatever BS story the South Florida scumbags will offer in defense. The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

Exactly. They would be in no worse shape than they are now.

Yeah, other prosecutors will tell you that they've prosecuted many a defendant with less. That said, it makes sense to wait if you believe you'll have more evidence at some point. Only get one shot at a conviction. And the question becomes which Adelsons do you prosecute. While it's clear that at least one Adelson planned the hit, it's not easy to prove whether it was Charlie, Donna, or both (or both-plus....). Seems likely that they both knew about it afterwards, but orchestration is another issue. I'm not convinced Wendi or Harvey knew in advance, much less helped orchestrate the hit, although it's hard to believe you'd order a hit on the father of your sister's kids without clearing it with her first. Maybe the hate was so palpable, and her character so clearly low, that approval could be confidently assumed.

I was just pointing out that one shouldn't hang their hat on circumstantial evidence.

Have to wonder if someone has pull inside prison system and they don’t feel safe flipping.

Are they seeking death penalty for any of them? It makes no sense as to why those other 2 are tight lipped. The family doesn't have that kind of money to keep people quiet. Also, did they talk about how his family cannot see their grandkids? or how Wendi changed the kids last names?
Tough on grandparents when they have zero rights to see their grandkids.

I didn't see his name in the system.

obiwan.jpg

Reactions: NoleLizards
Watched the episode on DVR last night. Very interesting.

My guess is Charlie for sure knew about it and I think Donna did as well.

There is zero chance these two random guys murdered Dan all the way from S FL. They can be connected to Charlie through the Katie chick. Someone from the Adeldon side is behind it for sure.

Just wish either of the dudes or Katie would rat out the Adelsons who were behind it to the fuzz. I’m puzzled as to why they haven’t, I’m assuming the cops have offered the best deal they can for the info but ????.

Maybe things change when the guys are convicted of murder and they try and get a reduced sentence. Sure hope so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT