ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Grissom has taken some flyballs in LF. I think that is the long term solution looking to next year.

Hard to rest guys in the middle of a pennant race, but you can move Grissom around to give Olson, Swanson and Riley a breather every so often.

Also can't imagine Albies plays everyday right off the bat, seems like they screwed up Acuna rushing him back.

Ozuna is probably the odd man out, would imagine he gets DFA'd.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Grissom has taken some flyballs in LF. I think that is the long term solution looking to next year.

Hard to rest guys in the middle of a pennant race, but you can move Grissom around to give Olson, Swanson and Riley a breather every so often.

Also can't imagine Albies plays everyday right off the bat, seems like they screwed up Acuna rushing him back.

Ozuna still will be useful this season as a designated or pinch hitter.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

I would bet that if, and that's a big IF, the Braves can resign Swanson, he will be the one to switch to left field. Grissom has never played the outfield at any level.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong.

I would bet that if, and that's a big IF, the Braves can resign Swanson, he will be the one to switch to left field. Grissom has never played the outfield at any level.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong.
Interesting, but Dansby is a great fielder at short. Grissom is an outstanding athlete and should therefore be able to make the adjustment if called upon IMO.

Of course I could be wr....wr....wr.... wrong as well.

This has been a lackluster day for the Braves … Olson needs a break from the lineup … in an extended slump.

This has been a lackluster day for the Braves … Olson needs a break from the lineup … in an extended slump.
At this point I'm hoping that Atlanta is just within striking distance once the Mets come to town. This west coast swing has turned into a disaster.

And the Cubbies are up 6-0 on the Mutts. Maybe JonScott should adopt the Mets as his team, then as they continue their annual swoon he could really piss and moan.

He was 0-4 today. As were the 3 who bat ahead of him. Why aren't you complaining about them?
Because he can't get over Freddie leaving and is somehow projecting his disappointment onto Olson even though he leads the team in doubles and RBIs and is 2nd in HRs. Olson has also walked more and struck out fewer times than both Swanson and Reilly. But none of that matters.

Reactions: seminoleed
And so could the Mets. You just watch; this will go down to the final 3 game series at Truist. Braves will have
fans shoehorned into that stadium for those games.
Yep I agree. I essentially said the same as you on Tuesday. They have to finish that series with a lead, and then hold onto it against the fish for 3 games.

Another big win for the Braves … Grossman had a very good game … and Strider, Harris and Grissom are just fun to watch.

4-65

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards
Funny how only one of the two is ever mentioned here.

Last year discussions involved some amount of discontent with just about if not everyone on the team prior to All Star break. I laughed at how foolish my thoughts on that team was and how little faith we had in the program. Riley has had a MVP season until recent so not sure why anyone would complain about him even if he has had a bad month. FF leaving was a tough blow especially with him having a great season this year. But if you had to replace him, and I'm not sure Freddie's former agent did not actually screw this negotiation up, Matt Olson is a damn good replacement. Now we have sports writers scoffing at Dansby's contributions and noting his statistical averageness at SS in MLB. I too will have an issue with him being sent down the road because championship winners are few and far between and in my eyes that is anything but average no matter how you crunch the numbers.

Last year discussions involved some amount of discontent with just about if not everyone on the team prior to All Star break. I laughed at how foolish my thoughts on that team was and how little faith we had in the program. Riley has had a MVP season until recent so not sure why anyone would complain about him even if he has had a bad month. FF leaving was a tough blow especially with him having a great season this year. But if you had to replace him, and I'm not sure Freddie's former agent did not actually screw this negotiation up, Matt Olson is a damn good replacement. Now we have sports writers scoffing at Dansby's contributions and noting his statistical averageness at SS in MLB. I too will have an issue with him being sent down the road because championship winners are few and far between and in my eyes that is anything but average no matter how you crunch the numbers.
But will you piss and moan over every day he has an Ofer?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
But will you piss and moan over every day he has an Ofer?
dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

That is what Baseball fans do best. 🤣

15 games left in regular season and we are sitting on 92 wins. What is your best guess on what we end up with? I'm going with 102.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT