ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

I've been saying all along the Nyets would gag it away...and they did.

Phillies are red hot right now, but might be better than having to play the Pods.

The stinkin' mets go down faster than a hooker!

And when did all the trumpet playing at games start?

On paper, Fried vs. Ranger Suarez in game 1 looks like advantage Braves.. That said, the last time Atlanta faced him, they made Suarez look like Steve Carlton.

This past weekend's series were surprising ... the only home team to advance in the wildcard games was Cleveland. (I fully expected the Cardinals to beat the Phillies.) I watched the Mets/Padres game last night and Musgrove was dominating. Are the Padres now good enough at this point in the season -- given their additions this year -- to beat the Dodgers? ... The Houston/Seattle series looks to be a good one. ... Early game for the Braves tomorrow.

Reactions: NoleLizards
This past weekend's series were surprising ... the only home team to advance in the wildcard games was Cleveland. (I fully expected the Cardinals to beat the Phillies.) I watched the Mets/Padres game last night and Musgrove was dominating. Are the Padres now good enough at this point in the season -- given their additions this year -- to beat the Dodgers? ... The Houston/Seattle series looks to be a good one. ... Early game for the Braves tomorrow.
His ears were on fire! They gave him and the Pads the edge.

• Haha
If the bottom of the Padres' lineup continues to hit like it did against the Mets, they're capable of beating the Dodgers (or anyone for that matter).

Not crazy about only carrying 12 pitchers. With Matzek hurt there’s no clear 13th candidate. But having Adrianza on the roster with the DH seems pointless.

6 runs on all singles and doubles. That's how you approach a great pitcher. Not swinging wildly at stuff outside the zone. smh Especially after you just watched the guy in front of you get walked. double smh

I hope that Fried starts and gets a few innings in. I don't have the numbers on hand to support this, but from memory it seems to me that Max tends to struggle with his command after resting for too long. I want him to have his A game next Tuesday.
Looks like Fried was out of sync … command was not awful but the Phillies hit him early and often. Fried’s error on his throw to first cost two runs.

• Sad
I thought Acuna could've made that catch with a dive in the 1st. Phillies not scoring there might have changed the whole temper of the game.

Yesterday hurt, really sets up for a must win today.

Also, can't understand how MLB talks about growing the game but then puts playoff games on at 1 in the afternoon.

So does a weather delay during the game actually benefit the Braves if the starters can't go back out? Hmmmmm

How does the schedule work out if today's game is cancelled due to weather? Or will they make every effort to play the game, even if it becomes a very late start?

How does the schedule work out if today's game is cancelled due to weather? Or will they make every effort to play the game, even if it becomes a very late start?
The forecast is good for tomorrow afternoon. My guess is they'd reschedule the game for as early as practical tomorrow to cut into the travel day the least amount possible.

Of course, they could always try to squeeze it in this evening when the weather should be drier than during today.

There are only the National League games being played today. I would imagine they'd want to get it in since it's not going to conflict with others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT