ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

Jansen has had a very good month. Good win by the Braves …. Would like a sweep in Philly.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Well considering they are both going to pitch in Philly, assuming Strider is ready to start, why not go with Charlie for game 3 and give Strider a few extra days off.

Well considering they are both going to pitch in Philly, assuming Strider is ready to start, why not go with Charlie for game 3 and give Strider a few extra days off.
Perhaps, but if Morton pitches on Friday and the Braves happen to lose do you want all that must-win pressure to fall on a rookie? Given Morton's playoff experience I would rather put him in the must-win situation.

Both are solid arguments. I'm sure that Snit is feverishly mulling over both options as we post.

Perhaps, but if Morton pitches on Friday and the Braves happen to lose do you want all that must-win pressure to fall on a rookie? Given Morton's playoff experience I would rather put him in the must-win situation.
Good point. I was thinking if we get Playoff Charlie on Friday then chances of winning the game increase. Then Strider wouldn't have to feel pressure in 4 knowing Game 5 would be back in ATL. And if Charlie loses Friday, then we have the deeper bullpen to back up Strider in a must-win Game 4. Stuff like this could make your head spin. :confused:

Last edited:
Good point. I was thinking if we get Playoff Charlie on Friday then chances of winning the game increase. Then Strider wouldn't have to feel pressure in 4 knowing Game 5 would be back in ATL. And if Charlie loses Firday, then we have the deeper bullpen to back up Strider in a must-win Game 4. Stuff like this could make your head spin. :confused:
Still not announced. I sense some gamesmanship afoot.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and CC0492
Still not announced. I sense some gamesmanship afoot.
200w.gif

Part of starting Strider on Friday is you risk taxing your bullpen with two more games to go.

Start him Saturday and now you have a rookie making his first playoff start, and first start in 5 weeks in an elimination game.

About to head to bed. I did one last check and the Braves still haven't named a starter for game 3. After much thought I'm hoping for Morton.

Y'all beat me to it.

Interesting choice. Guess this way Mr Postseason will start game 4 either to save the season or clinch the series. Hope not too much bullpen is used up today, but I know that Snit and Kranitz wouldn't be running Strider out there if they weren't positive that he's ready to go.

Y'all beat me to it.

Interesting choice. Guess this way Mr Postseason will start game 4 either to save the season or clinch the series. Hope not too much bullpen is used up today, but I know that Snit and Kranitz wouldn't be running Strider out there if they weren't positive that he's ready to go.
Well, after my little talk with Snitker he saw the light.

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
Y'all beat me to it.

I just got home and Braves down 6 to 0. Did Strider struggle out there today?

Question: why would you issue an intentional walk to Scwarber — who was something like 0-17 in postseason— to get to Hoskins?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT