ADVERTISEMENT

Can you run a sub 6 40?

I have no idea. Never ran a timed 40. But, I doubt it.

I have run a 100 against an fsu track athlete at fsu while the guy was in his prime. That didn’t go well. I’d bet he ran something in the 4.4 range as I watched him do a 10 100 at a meet. He was a pole vaulter, not usually a sprinter though.

I still run distance and am pretty active. I think at the least I probably wouldn’t blow my hamstring like most of the sedentary fat guys that post on here :)

Has Eisen ever hit under 6.0? I think he did one year. I am positive I would smoke Eisen in a race, and he is almost under 6.0.

I have no idea. Never ran a timed 40. But, I doubt it.

I have run a 100 against an fsu track athlete at fsu while the guy was in his prime. That didn’t go well. I’d bet he ran something in the 4.4 range as I watched him do a 10 100 at a meet. He was a pole vaulter, not usually a sprinter though.

I still run distance and am pretty active. I think at the least I probably wouldn’t blow my hamstring like most of the sedentary fat guys that post on here :)

How many track athletes pull a hamstring in their careers? I would guess most if not all. How many fat sedentary people on this board get on a track for a timed sprint?.......0

After watching Goodell run a 5.41 I now have confidence I can run a sub 6.

And it makes me even more shocked how poor T-Mc ran his.

I’m 66 and about 50 heavier than when I was a PE at FSU.

My chances would be slim and none.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I looked it up and Rich Eisen has run a sub 6.0 on two occasions.

Makes my legs hurt just thinking about trying. Last time I tried to show off my speed, they blew the whistle and I started running, but it was like a giant rubber band was holding onto my ass. Zoom! My thighs ached for a week.

Me, no way. I have one artificial knee and am scheduled for surgery on the other.

But my daughters boyfriend ran 4.45 in high school, he says he generally ran a half step slower than Fred Rouse.

I have never thought I am fast, especially on the first step, but people have said "You are faster than I expected". More of a mass in motion stays in motion. But I have always wondered what my time would be. Now I have multiple excuses to be over 6.0 tho. Sprinting isn't something I train for and I am getting old. I'd put money on NO.

Anyone claiming to be able to run it under should post a video. Would make this thread potentially legendary!

Here here! I agree. Barstool sports did thier combine video.

Watching them, makes me think surely I can get under 6.

Reactions: nynole1
Me, no way. I have one artificial knee and am scheduled for surgery on the other.

But my daughters boyfriend ran 4.45 in high school, he says he generally ran a half step slower than Fred Rouse.
Fast Freddie in the house!

probably not, but once upon a time.......glory days.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: nynole1
Still waiting on the first video. Who wants to be an LR legend???

Reactions: Nole Daddy
The storm up here in the northeast is my excuse. Dont worry, my son reminds me daily!!

Up until 4 or 5 years ago, I would say yes for sure. I was always pretty fast, and was still in good shape, playing hoops a couple nights a week and running with the boys when coaching them in soccer or other sports. I haven’t played much the last few years. I would guess you t at 50/50 that I finish a little under 6 vs. pulling a hammy at the halfway point.

After fielding a bunch of ground balls from the SS position while my son's LL team was taking batting practice last night, I think I will revise my odds in the above. There seems to be a much higher chance that I pull the hammy; make it 30/70.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT