ADVERTISEMENT

Cigars

NoleInNC

Star Player
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2002
There was a thread on here awhile back where several LR posters recommended some cigars from Tatuaje. I can't recall the specific ones so I am looking for some recommendations.

Anyone?

Any of their monster lines. Try warped if you're in tally. You can get one at Jerry's cigars. Best new boutique brand on the market
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by NoleInNC:
several LR posters recommended some cigars from Tatuaje. I can't recall the specific ones so I am looking for some recommendations.

Anyone?
Tattoo is probably the one that was recommended. They are a great cigar considering the $5 price tag.

Originally posted by Bragglefraggle:
Any of their monster lines. Try warped if you're in tally. You can get one at Jerry's cigars. Best new boutique brand on the market

I've enjoyed the 3 different Warped sticks I've tried (haven't had the Unico and very bummed I missed out on the Black Honey). The Flor Del Valle has been my favorite so far.

Originally posted by NoleInNC:
There was a thread on here awhile back where several LR posters recommended some cigars from Tatuaje. I can't recall the specific ones so I am looking for some recommendations.

Anyone?
Tat has had some really good lines over the years. Tattoo, that was previously mentioned, is great for the price point (and I think you can get it even cheaper on cigarbid.com right now, under freefall). Also I would highly recommend:

-Any of the monster lines, though you are looking at ~$13/stick at the cheapest for the traditional monsters. The Pudgy and Mini Monster boxes provided a different take being smaller sizes than the traditional
-Avion, its under their Fausto line. My preference is the 2012 release, but they all have great flavor and pack a punch.
-Tat Black. Really good sticks, the petit lancer was rated highly
-Old man and the C. This is a Culebra (3 sticks wrapped around each other) and a Lancero, IIRC. I had the Black label one of these and all 4 were great.

The Tat is good.

If you're looking for quality high end. Perdomo is good as well as H. Upman Havoc.

I just had a couple of Catch-22 sticks. They were excellent for the price ($4.50/each).

The monster line looks scarce though I do see some of the pudgy available here and there. The black was what I was leaning toward before I posed the question. Definitely have some stuff to check out now.

Traditional monsters are going to be tough to find. Especially at a reasonable price (release price was around that $13/stick iirc), most people/places are going to charge a premium for them. A buddy just saw a guy on half-wheel or the saints and sinners board offer boxes at 4x or more of initial retail.

I have had: Jason, Mummy, Chuckie, Bride of Chuckie, for original releases. Though the latter 2 were in the Pudgy box. I want to try the original Drac, Wolfie, and Frank. Have heard very good things about all of those, and the mini and Pudgy releases of each were great, especially the Drac.

Originally posted by smhnole:
Originally posted by Bragglefraggle:

I've enjoyed the 3 different Warped sticks I've tried (haven't had the Unico and very bummed I missed out on the Black Honey). The Flor Del Valle has been my favorite so far.
I was able to secure a bundle of Warped Black Honey. As you know, they are incredibly limited (only 600 cigars were sold). I have one promised to D and Bryan, but I can trade or sell you one if you want ($15/each). Just let me know.

This post was edited on 2/19 12:51 PM by dmm5157

Originally posted by dmm5157:

I was able to secure a bundle of Warped Black Honey. As you know, they are incredibly limited (only 600 cigars were sold). I have one promised to D and Bryan, but I can trade or sell you one if you want ($15/each). Just let me know.
Absolutely. Much appreciated. How does a Black Honey for a Ratzilla sound? You can pretty much name your price and I'll comply.

This post was edited on 2/19 1:01 PM by smhnole

Originally posted by smhnole:
Originally posted by dmm5157:

Absolutely. Much appreciated. How does a Black Honey for a Ratzilla sound? You can pretty much name your price and I'll comply.
That's fine with me, whatever makes the trade come out even is ok with me. I'll have it with me in my travel humidor so I'll just give it to you next time I see you.

Just to bump this up and continue the conversation, I went on a mini-buying binge last night. Picked up 2 each of:

-Kristoff Ligero Maduro (Corona sized)
-Kristoff Sumatra (corona)
-Tatuaje Tattoo (robusto)
-Padron 2000 maduro (robusto)
-Viaje 50/50 black (robusto)

Smoked one of the Sumatra's before leaving the store. Really liked it. Only have had the Ligero Maduro from them before and, while a different flavor profile, it was just as good.

The mailman just delivered me a box of the new limited edition from the Punch Rare Corojo line, the Rare Lapiz. Looking forward to lighting one of those up once the Arctic weather gives way to some warmth! I'm a big fan of the El Doble so I am interested to see how this one compares.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT