ADVERTISEMENT

Cosby => Harvey W et. al. => what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the condemnation is as high or higher as it's coming from both sides. What's been amusing is watching the people who would normally defend men at all costs suddenly come out firing in defense of women in this case. People who have been mum about a serial abuser or abuser of young women are suddenly all worked up over this photo. I wonder what the difference is in this case.

Actually, the condemnation is as high or higher as it's coming from both sides. What's been amusing is watching the people who would normally defend men at all costs suddenly come out firing in defense of women in this case. People who have been mum about a serial abuser or abuser of young women are suddenly all worked up over this photo. I wonder what the difference is in this case.
Because there's a picture. Also because people look at each situation through their own political lens.

I wouldn't kick Franken out of the Senate for this one incident. It'll follow him forever.

I've never thought that Franken should be in the Senate, and I support his expulsion at this point.

Because there's a picture. Also because people look at each situation through their own political lens.

I wouldn't kick Franken out of the Senate for this one incident. It'll follow him forever.
The photo is enough but a tape recorded confession wasn't?

It's going to take a while for society to figure out how much outrage various degrees of sexual misconduct warrant, workplace sexual harassment consisting of boorish commentary or propositions pale in comparison to rape, pedophilia and the like.

Along with that, will we frown but allow certain behavior from folks in certain jobs but not other jobs? Is a groper not acceptable in Congress but acceptable in the NFL (or WH)?

The criminal justices system outlines legal punishments for varying degrees but we're going to need to sort out social and career consequences across these degrees.

BTW, one key thing sadly and critically missing in many of these discussions is the voice of women.

The photo is enough but a tape recorded confession wasn't?

It's going to take a while for society to figure out how much outrage various degrees of sexual misconduct warrant, workplace sexual harassment consisting of boorish commentary or propositions pale in comparison to rape, pedophilia and the like.

Along with that, will we frown but allow certain behavior from folks in certain jobs but not other jobs? Is a groper not acceptable in Congress but acceptable in the NFL (or WH)?

The criminal justices system outlines legal punishments for varying degrees but we're going to need to sort out social and career consequences across these degrees.

BTW, one key thing sadly and critically missing in many of these discussions is the voice of women.
Don't disagree. Was trying to avoid discussion turning too political.

It’s mind numbingly easy to avoid ever being accused of harassment or otherwise inappropriate behavior.

Politcal correctness does make for mind numbing interaction. But you’re right, it’s easy.

I love seeing the liberals eat their own. We have a moment of truth when they need to acknowledge their cognitive dissonance. Schadenfreude!!!!

Where were these Social Justice Warriors when Bill Clinton was president? Perhaps the evidence and publicity became too overwhelming to ignore. Or perhaps they know to criticize Hollywood is safe, because it will impact nothing in the power structure or politics or agenda. I will start eating my popcorn.

They have gone after presidents and Supreme Court nominations. When will they go after somebody who has power on their side.

I guess I should have started eating popcorn earlier based on the six pages that have already been posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Where were these Social Justice Warriors when Bill Clinton was president?

No Facebook, no Twitter, so nothing readily available to connect people into "a movement".

Aren't you going to defend him surf? He's just being a man after all.

I think you misunderstand my opinions on this or I didn't accurately state them in other threads or you are making a moral equivalence to the Weinstein situation and some other topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT