ADVERTISEMENT

COVID cancellations coming

Now that most schools are practicing for the upcoming FB season, do you think that Covid will prevent some schools from practice and mess up the upcoming season.

most are vaccinated to we are not contact tracing .. that is what in effect shut whole teams down ..
at this point only kids that are sick are tested and only kids that are positive sent home .. so no do not see much of an issue ..

the issue again before was one OL test positive and they send home half the offense or the ol s

Now that most schools are practicing for the upcoming FB season, do you think that Covid will prevent some schools from practice and mess up the upcoming season.
As long as people rely on common sense logic and real science, Covid will have no effect on this season

Reactions: nole2soul
Seen a few schools have reported over 90% vaccinated.
If the ‘vaccine’ doesn’t prevent infection or transmission as per the CDC last week , why does 90% or any figure matter on vaccine rates?

The issue right now is the entire team will need to be tested prior to the game. As some of you have pointed out you can be vaccinated and still test positive. This combined with the fact our team vaccination rate is low you should brace for a depleted roster or game forfeit. NC State in Omaha is a good example.

Reactions: NJRenegade
Any links to actual evidence that 10,000 people have died directly to the vaccine? Not VAERS which is self-reported and not verifiable but actual evidence that 10,000 people received the vaccine and the vaccine caused their death. The CDC has investigated some of those and said there was zero evidence that getting the vaccine contributed to their deaths. Just like if someone eats a chicken sandwich for dinner and dies 3 days later it doesn't mean the chicken sandwich killed them.
Quoting your post Pops because the guy you responded to deleted his, and that's what I wanted to quote.

"Tons of healthy people getting sick from the vaccine with unknown long term side effects and complications"

It's rare for people to get sick other than short term minor side effects. And I'm sorry, long-term side effects? Do people think that a fetus is going to start growing off the side of their heads? This isn't science fiction. Vaccines have been studied for a long time, including the new and emerging delivery methods such as the uber-effective/safe mRNA vaccines. Scientists understand what happens at the physiological level and there isn't much there to cause any concern.

"10 ,000 people have died directly related to the vaccine"

No they haven't. That is false. In fact, the only times it's been confirmed that death was related to vaccination was during the J&J blood clot issue. Afraid of that? It's ok there are a lot of other options available.

"The vaccine is an effort to prevent contracting a disease with a 99.9% survival rate"

You have your numbers backwards. Vaccines do not cause deaths. Lethal viruses that cause world wide pandemics do.

"Think it is essentially a hastily created trial drug. Just think it’s funny the mental gymnastics ITT. Notice how the pseudo intellectuals never cite studies or statistics just opinions stated as facts."

Here let me give you the only citation anyone needs. Everyone should read it. Don't trust the government cause you are on some conspiracy B.S. that people were woke on like 15 years ago? Luckily much the data comes from private companies so you don't have to listen to the voices in your head this time.

They understand how mRNA vaccines work. There is a whole family of coronaviruses out there looking for something to host them, including the common cold. Don't worry only 7 are known to infect humans, but there are dozens of potential coronavirus vaccine candidates currently in trial along with others that have been approved or denied. Thing is, COVID-19 is so similar to SARS-CoV (commonly known as the SARS outbreak that is all but eradicated) that they named it SARS-CoV-2, and we are lucky in that regard because it was the 17 years of research since the SARS outbreak and the research on mRNA vaccines that allowed the COVID-19 vaccine to be developed so quickly and so effectively.

Funny how those who accuse others of doing mental gymnastics are the ones who are most detached from reality.

Last edited:

Yes it will. Hopefully less than last year and hopefully none of our games.

Did you read this study? It is a very complicated and sophisticated study. For example, they used the cognitive reflection test, which is not very correlated with intelligence tests. It looks at ones willingness to change their original answers upon reflection or willingness to use more data to modify their thinking.

The participants were drawn from the internet (50%), College students for course credit (25%) and then the remaining some sampling. 38% of the participants were from Australia, 23% from Britain and then 19% from Canada and USA. Plus a few from around the globe. Why is this problematic? Because the study was done in April of 2020. Australia had almost no Covid infections, while the other 3 countries were in a major surge. So, we might expect there to be different reactions to mitigation efforts.

The average age was 29, 70% of the sample was female. Both problematic when trying to reach conclusions about reactions to the mitigation efforts.

Only 10% were found to be non-compliant. And as expected these were majority males. The non-compliant group was also less educated. So males, with lower education are more likely to be non-compliant. Again, not surprising. Especially considering the large amount of sampling with college students in psychology classes with its majority female population. You can assume that this means that young, working class males are more likely to be non-compliant which is what we have known for a long time. It also might mean that these non-compliant males are reacting to the facts of the time, which was little or no Covid at the time, especially in Australia.

It would interesting to see a more balanced study (higher ages, more males, consistent sampling policies) done much later in the pandemic to see how peoples compliance was when there was much more information available to react. I suspect non-compliance would go up in the younger age groups as more data demonstrated little risk.

Finally, it isn't really surprising that the exact group that was getting economically harmed by the shelter at home policies (young working class, non university student, males), is the most resistant to those policies.

Thanks for posting this study.......
This is super interesting to me. I am about as Covid-non-compliant as you can get. Even right from the beginning I continued to work and and refused to comply with covid restrictions. I am a single parent, female with an advanced degree and am a creative, outside the box thinker, nothing like the typical non-compliant of this study. That's because I am smart enough to understand the government is never going to support me, nor do I want them to, and if you run out of money when you are a single parent every thing is going to suck WAY WORSE!!! All of life is a risk. Might as well go on the offensive and face shit head on. I am so sick of this COVID BS. I did get the Johnson and Johnson back in May in the vain hope it might help us move on with our lives. But nope nope. We will be dealing with fighting over masks and other dumb BS for the rest of our lives over a virus that is 99% survivable.

Reactions: cnole1 and Dr. Nole
If the ‘vaccine’ doesn’t prevent infection or transmission as per the CDC last week , why does 90% or any figure matter on vaccine rates?
Stop with the nonsense! The vaccine prevents most infections and by proxy infections too. 90% vaccinated multiplied by 90%+ efficacy = very small chance of it becoming an issue at that rate of vaccination.

As long as people rely on common sense logic and real science, Covid will have no effect on this
Thats not what the cdc said. In fact that’s close to the opposite. Why in the world would you at that? Prevention is exactly what the vaccine does, and at a very, very high rate.

Stop with the nonsense! The vaccine prevents most infections and by proxy infections too. 90% vaccinated multiplied by 90%+ efficacy = very small chance of it becoming an issue at that rate of vaccination.
Per CDC, same viral load in nasal passage w delta in vax v unvax. Per Israeli report 7700 new cases 3400 prev vax w Pfizer, 72 with natural immunity. CDC says no prevention of infection or transmission only severe disease as does natural immunity which 100+mil Americans have, that’s a great thing ladies:)

Thats not what the cdc said. In fact that’s close to the opposite. Why in the world would you at that? Prevention is exactly what the vaccine does, and at a very, very high rate.
This is the exact words of Joe’s cdc director

Transmission is still possible. You also said “no prevention of infection.” You are lying and/or being fed horribly incorrect information. Transmission means very little when risk of infection and death is lowered tremendously, which is the case among the vaccinated. Please stop with the garbage. Look at the state of Florida. The truth is staring you in the face!!!

This is the exact words of Joe’s cdc director

Also what is this trash slanted website you’re using?! They’re taking another trash cite (cnn) and twisting her words to mean the vaccine is generally ineffective. That’s not what she’s saying at all. Grow up!!!

Reactions: 89nole and Mercutio
Also what is this trash slanted website you’re using?! They’re taking another trash cite (cnn) and twisting her words to mean the vaccine is generally ineffective. That’s not what she’s saying at all. Grow up!!!
Her words are her words :)

This is super interesting to me. I am about as Covid-non-compliant as you can get. Even right from the beginning I continued to work and and refused to comply with covid restrictions. I am a single parent, female with an advanced degree and am a creative, outside the box thinker, nothing like the typical non-compliant of this study. That's because I am smart enough to understand the government is never going to support me, nor do I want them to, and if you run out of money when you are a single parent every thing is going to suck WAY WORSE!!! All of life is a risk. Might as well go on the offensive and face shit head on. I am so sick of this COVID BS. I did get the Johnson and Johnson back in May in the vain hope it might help us move on with our lives. But nope nope. We will be dealing with fighting over masks and other dumb BS for the rest of our lives over a virus that is 99% survivable.
An equally interesting response haha.

It's just wild to me because, like you, no one else likes to wear masks, or get sick, or take mitigation efforts, or lose a friend or family member, or watch governments continue to spend our own tax money fighting an endless fight.

Even though no one likes that stuff - and this is the truly interesting part - there are far more people who aren't willing to take efforts in the short term to stop those things above from being a possibility down the line, then think it's ok to have an opinion. So my question is why are all these people guilty of contempt?

Her words are her words :)
Did you actually watch the video you posted? The website you use to confirm your bias sums it up falsely so that you won’t even listen to her actual remarks, which said nothing of the vaccine struggling to prevent infection. You are lost, my friend.

Reactions: Mercutio
Amazing that someone takes it as a point of pride that they ignore public health measures.

Reactions: Mercutio
Amazing that someone takes it as a point of pride that they ignore public health measures.
Then you aren't being honest about the history of public health measures or medicine............nothing amazing about it. Fauci even admitted he would make pronouncements that weren't based on the science, but was what he thought people should do. I may think it is crazy to not get vaccinated, but there are many that have perfectly good reasons, in their heads, that make sense to them.

An equally interesting response haha.

It's just wild to me because, like you, no one else likes to wear masks, or get sick, or take mitigation efforts, or lose a friend or family member, or watch governments continue to spend our own tax money fighting an endless fight.

Even though no one likes that stuff - and this is the truly interesting part - there are far more people who aren't willing to take efforts in the short term to stop those things above from being a possibility down the line, then think it's ok to have an opinion. So my question is why are all these people guilty of contempt?
Please forgive me if I came across sounding petulant....I reread my post and realize it sounds like a 17 year old girl wrote it. I am just bone weary of the acrimony over this. I lost a boyfriend at the beginning of covid because he was mad at me for going out to work.....I was like, well how do you propose I support my family?? (we did not live together or have combined finances) Anyway he was super critical of my behavior.
Earlier this Summer I was shoe shopping unmasked in a local DSW and a girl about 19 or 20 told me to my face I was a "crazy bit#% who obviously doesn't give a fu#$ about other people" (because I wasn't wearing a mask) Then on the other side of the issue I have family members who would never speak to me again if they knew I took the shot for being a "government sheep"
Just utterly tired of the lack of respect over something that in my opinion should be a personal choice, like choosing a seasonal flu shot or even like smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol or even having an abortion. Don't tell me "oh because those things don't hurt other people" They absolutely all can and do.
I feel like covid has become the utlimate dividing issue and I hate it. No matter what you do it's no win. And if it messes up our football season again I just don't know if I can take it. Okay maybe someone please hug me now : )

Please forgive me if I came across sounding petulant....I reread my post and realize it sounds like a 17 year old girl wrote it. I am just bone weary of the acrimony over this. I lost a boyfriend at the beginning of covid because he was mad at me for going out to work.....I was like, well how do you propose I support my family?? (we did not live together or have combined finances) Anyway he was super critical of my behavior.
Earlier this Summer I was shoe shopping unmasked in a local DSW and a girl about 19 or 20 told me to my face I was a "crazy bit#% who obviously doesn't give a fu#$ about other people" (because I wasn't wearing a mask) Then on the other side of the issue I have family members who would never speak to me again if they knew I took the shot for being a "government sheep"
Just utterly tired of the lack of respect over something that in my opinion should be a personal choice, like choosing a seasonal flu shot or even like smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol or even having an abortion. Don't tell me "oh because those things don't hurt other people" They absolutely all can and do.
I feel like covid has become the utlimate dividing issue and I hate it. No matter what you do it's no win. And if it messes up our football season again I just don't know if I can take it. Okay maybe someone please hug me now : )
This is a great post. And I agree that it has become incredibly polarizing. You take care of you and yours. I am hopeful your wish for football comes to fruition.

Last edited:
Did you actually watch the video you posted? The website you use to confirm your bias sums it up falsely so that you won’t even listen to her actual remarks, which said nothing of the vaccine struggling to prevent infection. You are lost, my friend.
Donnie read, knowledge educate yourself. This vaccine is tested and approved to prevent severe disease which is great, nothing else. It doesn’t prevent infection or transmission if the facts bother you then it’s not about the facts my friend.

Donnie read, knowledge educate yourself. This vaccine is tested and approved to prevent severe disease which is great, nothing else. It doesn’t prevent infection or transmission if the facts bother you then it’s not about the facts my
Donnie read, knowledge educate yourself. This vaccine is tested and approved to prevent severe disease which is great, nothing else. It doesn’t prevent infection or transmission if the facts bother you then it’s not about the facts my friend.
The unvaccinated literally make up 99% of those suffering. .098% is the breakthrough rate for those fully vaccinated. You completely discredited yourself by citing a bogus cite that was blatantly misrepresenting her comments. You’re a joke, but it isn’t funny. It never was. You’re speaking to a member of the research community with a PhD from our beloved FSU, and you’re ignoring facts and abusing the term all together. LOOK AT THE RESULTS. After you take a lap

Lots of emotions ITT.
Is one side effect of this just plain old COVID fatigue?
People we know are dying. People we know are getting sick - including family members and loved ones, our neighbors, and co-workers.
Some of us who are vaccinated have still gotten the Delta variant.

As a country, We're sick of being sick. Tired of the goal posts moving constantly. I'm fed up with the arguing and relieved at the same time to know that my son finally got vaccinated. Lots of prayers 🙏 and nagging 😡 on my part. I wish everyone would get vaccinated. But if you don't and you die of COVID...rest in peace.

Should send that to fauci , who, and cdc director who all now confirmed vax doesn’t prevent transmission, 7700 new cases in Israel, 3000 double vaxed. The past 2 weeks our office had 14 double vax with Covid. 1 died, though she was very old w mult comorbidities. I’ll stick with my natural immunity and real data to each his own

Should send that to fauci , who, and cdc director who all now confirmed vax doesn’t prevent transmission, 7700 new cases in Israel, 3000 double vaxed. The past 2 weeks our office had 14 double vax with Covid. 1 died, though she was very old w mult comorbidities. I’ll stick with my natural immunity and real data to each his own
You aren’t citing any real data, man. “To each his own” is not how this thing works. When people start saying things like that, it’s a dead give away they are only confirming their own bias with flawed and misinterpreted info. It’s sad you’d rather try and be right than acknowledge reality. Your Israel data is complete horse crap. It’s totally exaggerated. Not uncommon for individuals to start scouring the internet for obscure garbage to make them appear right. Your ignorance, and that if so many others is going to cost our country so much, including the chance to pack Doak and support our football team. Thanks a lot.

The numbers you’re citing are actually backwards. The infection rate among double vaccinated individuals in the U.S. is .098%. The study is neither named, credited to anyone, or officially cited in the article you posted. It just says info is “being reported to the health ministry.” Meanwhile, people are showing you actual studies with real results and you say “to each his own.” Shameful

Saw that Ole Miss announced that they are 100% vaccinated. Can’t help but to think our lower numbers are going to require more testing and more risk of having folks out due to contract tracing and infections. Delta isn’t playing. I’d hate to lose another game due to players being out.

The numbers you’re citing are actually backwards. The infection rate among double vaccinated individuals in the U.S. is .098%. The study is neither named, credited to anyone, or officially cited in the article you posted. It just says info is “being reported to the health ministry.” Meanwhile, people are showing you actual studies with real results and you say “to each his own.” Shameful
just intubated a 50 yo, double vaxed w pfizer tonight, ill let her know its not possible. no way no how. again in the WHO, CDC, NIH and inventor of the mRNA techs (Dr.Robert Malone) own words, does not prevent infection or transmission. only severe disease. if you think it prevents infection ill let you come up to the covid ICU without a mask and roll the dice :)

just intubated a 50 yo, double vaxed w pfizer tonight, ill let her know its not possible. no way no how. again in the WHO, CDC, NIH and inventor of the mRNA techs (Dr.Robert Malone) own words, does not prevent infection or transmission. only severe disease. if you think it prevents infection ill let you come up to the covid ICU without a mask and roll the dice :)
So a one off anecdotal story? It’s very rare for double vaxxed people to get seriously sick or die. But very rare doesn’t mean never. And with the amount of infections absolutely out of control I’m guessing you’ll see it again. It’s a shame people didn’t just get this vaccine in May. But now with hospitalizations absolutely out of control it wouldn’t shock me in the least to see events cancelled. Wearing a mask in publix isn’t the issue, it’s packed bars and concerts and sporting events and huge parties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT