ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Chappelle Tackled

I won't show the aftermath of what happened to the guy who tackled him, but no one's arm should bend that way.

Also, is this going to be a thing where people jump on stage and physically attack big name stars? If so, why as a society are we going backwards? Teach your kids decency everyone.

The Attack From a Distance
World is becoming unhinged. Craziness everywhere.

Dude will be wiping his @$$ with his other hand for a while that's for sure. Soon they will ban all comedians that make jokes that irritate peoples delicate sensitivities. Maybe this clown getting roughed up will send a message to other idiots.

I won't show the aftermath of what happened to the guy who tackled him, but no one's arm should bend that way.

Also, is this going to be a thing where people jump on stage and physically attack big name stars? If so, why as a society are we going backwards? Teach your kids decency everyone.

Maybe they can create an agency that controls what people can say. That way people wont get mad. :)

Maybe they can create an agency that controls what people can say. That way people wont get mad. :)
I do not care if a person gets mad. I am talking about teaching your kids to be decent human beings and not storm a stage because you disagree or get angry with what is said. That kind of behavior is just dumb and dangerous.

Reactions: tribal_idiot
I do not care if a person gets mad. I am talking about teaching your kids to be decent human beings and not storm a stage because you disagree or get angry with what is said. That kind of behavior is just dumb and dangerous.
Very true. We have created a society that thinks this is the answer to anything they disagree with or see as a slight. Not sure why people put so much stock in what others think, say or have opinions about. I'm sure this clown will sue the security person that twisted him into a pretzel and win since its California.

Reactions: Random_John
I'm confused. People actually think being attacked on stage is so new phenomena? Musicians and comedians have always been attacked. Plenty of examples for decades. Famous people attract crazy people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhersh
Brad Pitt has been punched in the face.
DImebag Darrell was murdered on stage.
Beyonce was attacked on stage.
50 cent was attacked on stage.
Snoop was attacked on stage.
Morrisey
Robbie Williams.
Eddie Vedder had to build a wall around his house and had a lady try to drive through it.

Listen to Marc Marons podcast. Plenty of comedians young and old who have talked about getting into or almost getting into fights about their jokes over the years.

Brad Pitt has been punched in the face.
DImebag Darrell was murdered on stage.
Beyonce was attacked on stage.
50 cent was attacked on stage.
Snoop was attacked on stage.
Morrisey
Robbie Williams.

Listen to Marc Marons podcast. Plenty of comedians young and old who have talked about getting into or almost getting into fights about their jokes over the years.
Please provide the date of each incident, and then list the name of each assailant. Looking for trends and similarities. Thanks.

Brad Pitt- Vitalii Sediuk May 2014
Dimebag Darryl- Nathan Gale 12/8/04
Beyonce- can't find the name
50 cent- 7/12/10 doesn't list the guys name
Snoop- Richard Monroe Jr. in 2005
Morrisey- 11/10/18 don't see the person's name
Robbie Williams- attacker not named but 20 year old male apparently 2/22/01

Please provide the date of each incident, and then list the name of each assailant. Looking for trends and similarities. Thanks.
Brad Pitt has been punched in the face - Urban Meyer

DImebag Darrell was murdered on stage - Steve Spurrier

Beyonce was attacked on stage - Tim Tebow

50 cent was attacked on stage - Steve Spurrier

Snoop was attacked on stage - Urban Meyer

Morrisey - Steve Spurrier

Robbie Williams - Urban Meyer

Eddie Vedder had to build a wall around his house and had a lady try to drive through it - Tim Tebow

Don't look it up, it's all true!

Brad Pitt has been punched in the face - Urban Meyer

DImebag Darrell was murdered on stage - Steve Spurrier

Beyonce was attacked on stage - Tim Tebow

50 cent was attacked on stage - Steve Spurrier

Snoop was attacked on stage - Urban Meyer

Morrisey - Steve Spurrier

Robbie Williams - Urban Meyer

Eddie Vedder had to build a wall around his house and had a lady try to drive through it - Tim Tebow

Don't look it up, it's all true!
The notion of Spurrier killing the guitarist for Pantera made me laugh really hard picturing Spurrier explaining to the police after he's arrested.

• Haha
Reactions: Dhersh

I think we're at a point where society norms are no longer enough to quell odd behaviors.

I think we're at a point where society norms are no longer enough to quell odd behaviors.
Odd behaviors are what get people noticed, and in a way, the he odd behavior is celebrated. Many of them fancy themselves "non conformists" but really they are absolute conformists, to whatever social media wants them to conform to

Why in the hell would you attack Morrisey! The poor guy's girlfriend is in a coma and I think it's serious.

Odd behaviors are what get people noticed, and in a way, the he odd behavior is celebrated. Many of them fancy themselves "non conformists" but really they are absolute conformists, to whatever social media wants them to conform to
^^^^All an outgrowth of the PC nonsense. Everything has to be indulged. No view is too crazy. And now we see behavior becoming increasingly aberrant. Where does it end?

^^^^All an outgrowth of the PC nonsense. Everything has to be indulged. No view is too crazy. And now we see behavior becoming increasingly aberrant. Where does it end?
Unless those views don’t go along with the PC narrative. They are not tolerant of opposing views.

Some performers are very concerned that they will see reduced bookings, especially those whose brand of humor tends to poke fun at a group or groups. Venues may decide that if extra security is requested it’s just not worth it.
Silencing free speech, one joke at a time. 🤨

The wife and I used to go to the comedy club ever so often and one night this comedian had the audience rolling and in the palm of his hand. The last 15 minutes he comes off stage and tells the crowd, "yes, I'm about to F.... with you". He walks past the front row of tables and starts roasting people from the middle to the back sections because those people thought they would be safe sitting back. We were all crying from laughing so hard that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: evgoodwin
Some performers are very concerned that they will see reduced bookings, especially those whose brand of humor tends to poke fun at a group or groups. Venues may decide that if extra security is requested it’s just not worth it.
And the hits just keep on comin'. One joke at a time! I get it! :cool:

Well since the attacker was only charged with a misdemeanor the law doesn’t sway that behavior either.
I guess the law decided that him getting a beatdown from security is punishment enough.

comedians still tell stereotypes jokes all the time. The real question is did you come up with a unique funny joke that pokes fun or is it being done in a mean spirited way. I love Chappelle I’ve been listening to his standup since the 90s. His transsexual jokes just aren’t very funny. He continues to do them not because he’s got a good joke but as an f you to people trying to tell him what he can and can’t do.
As Marc Maron said on his podcast a lot of these comedians claiming they’re being silenced aren’t being silenced they just aren’t funny and depend on mean spirited sterotype jokes to shock people into laughter and a lot of the people don’t like these days and instead of adapting they claim being silenced bc they aren’t talented enough to come up with new jokes that aren’t shock humor.

edit. Somehow put my first paragraph inside of a quote.

Last edited:
As Marc Maron said on his podcast a lot of these comedians claiming they’re being silenced aren’t being silenced they just aren’t funny and depend on mean spirited sterotype jokes to shock people into laughter and a lot of the people don’t like these days and instead of adapting they claim being silenced bc they aren’t talented enough to come up with new jokes that aren’t shock humor.

I was thinking there was something weird about that!

Reactions: MagNoleA

Well, Dave Chapelle is funny and there were no comedians on your list.
What unfunny comedian has been silenced, other than lame Kathy Griffin?

Well, Dave Chapelle is funny and there were no comedians on your list.
What unfunny comedian has been silenced, other than lame Kathy Griffin?
I said Dave is a good comedian. He’s one of my favorites. I agree no comedians have been silenced. They’re all free to say what they want but doesn’t mean a comedian club or audience is obligated to listen to them or pay them to be there.

Jim Jefferies has been attacked on stage in 2007 in England
Jerry Sadowitz was punched in 1991 for making fun of Canadians.
John Caparula was making fun of Trump in 2017 and a lady threw a glass at his head.

Last edited:
Not a chance.
Andrew "Dice" Clay

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT