ADVERTISEMENT

Death Penalty

...and yet fentanyl is primarily responsible for 70k opioid deaths in 2021.
Actually, abuse of prescription medications is the issue. Imagine if people weren't chewing on pills for pleasure. I was given the pleasure of hearing a mother on the news moan about fentanyl this morning... maybe if your kids weren't taking unprescribed percocets for pleasure they wouldn't be dead. I have no remorse for abusers of drugs. I've seen too much pain in families including mine.

Last edited:
So what's the fix? Wait until it runs its course? Or attack the problem? At this point with what we know people shouldn't be prescribed the drug and people shouldn't be taking it. If my doctor said to take it I would tell him to pound sand.
Attack the problem? How? Most fentanyl deaths are not from a prescription.

Has anybody else noticed that about 80% of threads lately on the Everything But Sports board pretty quickly detour and/or get hijacked and devolve into rehearsal and performance space for the Tucker Carlson Parrot Jamboree?
How so? I don't really know because I don't listen to Tucker Carlson. Is it because a few of the views on here are slightly right of moderate?

How so? I don't really know because I don't listen to Tucker Carlson. Is it because a few of the views on here are slightly right of moderate?
Lol, “a few of the views on here are slightly right of moderate”? That’s hilarious. Not just referring to this thread but the board.
And as Exhibit #326, within 8 minutes of my post, another “slightly right of moderate” voice pops into the lab leak thread parroting this to a T —https://www.foxnews.com/media/ccp-g...leased-covid-19-over-world-chinese-virologist
Enjoy your day.

Reactions: bcherod
I didn't know being gay was a crime... but I guess we should ask the 4 year old child how she felt while she was being mutilated and left in a ditch to die.
Depends on where your at. Islamic countries along with Russia and China tend to frown on homosexuality.

Reactions: spencerklly
Lol, “a few of the views on here are slightly right of moderate”? That’s hilarious. Not just referring to this thread but the board.
And as Exhibit #326, within 8 minutes of my post, another “slightly right of moderate” voice pops into the lab leak thread parroting this to a T —https://www.foxnews.com/media/ccp-g...leased-covid-19-over-world-chinese-virologist
Enjoy your day.
That one might have been from Tucker but the story is being run by many outlets. Also it is a thread about the Lab Leak Theory. I don't think its possible these days to have a "moderate" discussion about politics. Too much division and bias. Like I said before I like hearing peoples opinions even the flat earth one.

Reactions: noletaire
That one might have been from Tucker but the story is being run by many outlets. Also it is a thread about the Lab Leak Theory. I don't think its possible these days to have a "moderate" discussion about politics. Too much division and bias. Like I said before I like hearing peoples opinions even the flat earth one.
Yeh you’re probably right. That’s the only example. And probably only thread as well. Carry on.

Opinions only matter if you fall in line.
and if you agree with the particular side that has that same view. If not you're either a communist-anarchist or a far- right conspiracy theorist.
Hannah Arendt noted that a key aspect of totalitarian societies is they are dominated by the one party system..... the U.S. appears to making a run at things with the two party system.

If you don't agree with the left than your "republican", if you don't agree with the republicans than your a "democrat". Even though both spout some rhetoric I agree with, both are political farces because rarely do they enact the core principles they are both founded on.

Last edited:
Has anybody else noticed that about 80% of threads lately on the Everything But Sports board pretty quickly detour and/or get hijacked and devolve into rehearsal and performance space for the Tucker Carlson Parrot Jamboree?
Maybe we should silence them or ban them from posting what they think? Or we could just ban any Tucker Carlson references. And Don Lemon just to be fair. :)

and if you agree with the particular side that has that same view. If not you're either a communist-anarchist or a far- right conspiracy theorist.
Hannah Arendt noted that a key aspect of totalitarian societies is they are dominated by the one party system..... the U.S. appears to making a run at things with the two party system.

If you don't agree with the left than your "republican", if you don't agree with the republicans than your a "democrat". Even though both spout some rhetoric I agree with, both are political farces because rarely do they enact the core principles they are both founded on.
This is the intent. Good vs evil make everyone pick a side.

Reactions: noletaire
Maybe we should silence them or ban them from posting what they think? Or we could just ban any Tucker Carlson references. And Don Lemon just to be fair :)
Its unfortunate and a little more than humorous that a poster would be disturbed that there are number of posts he doesn't agree with... so much for the professed "tolerance" I hear about. LMAO.

"I disagree with what you say but would defend to the death your right to say it"
--Francois Arouet
This is the intent. Good vs evil make everyone pick a side.
^^^Exactly right. Makes it easy... but unfortunately, as you know, rarely are things so absolute.
"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice"

Maybe we should silence them or ban them from posting what they think? Or we could just ban any Tucker Carlson references. And Don Lemon just to be fair. :)
Simply making an observation. And a very accurate one. Apparently struck a nerve.

Reactions: bcherod
Maybe I missed the complaint here or the intended fix.
You missed both since there was neither.
But you seem to have gotten mighty worked up about the question for sure.
Chilling might be an option.
Or a tizzy or anything in between.

You missed both since there was neither.
But you seem to have gotten mighty worked up about the question for sure.
Chilling might be an option.
Or a tizzy or anything in between.
Ok well back to other things then.

Btw, if you think the logical next step to noting the existence of views we don’t share is to have them silenced or banned, today’s Florida might be the model of that way of thinking, right? And the appreciative crowds cheer!

Reactions: bcherod and rtpnole
Btw, if you think the logical next step to noting the existence of views we don’t share is to have them silenced or banned, today’s Florida might be the model of that way of thinking, right? And the appreciative crowds cheer!
Now who struck a nerve? Worked up much? Hyperbole much?

So the solution is to tap into fentanyl supplies to overcome shortages of the death penalty drugs?
Brilliant! 😳
No lol, just a thought that a common drug to relieve serious pain seems to be doing a better job and more readily available than a drug to execute people. I suppose that joke made me appear part of the anti pharma, legalize drugs crowd and got me a lectured on drug abuse. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Nole-4-Life
I was just trying to understand why weird comparison was made. It pains me to think those acts still occur.
I've always been a fan of more cruel and unusual punishments...
I made a weird comparison to your very weird statement. All is good but I'm not sure us good guys are supposed to relish in the death of folks, justified or not. We do what we must when the time is called is all I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleSince1961
True. Ill watch UVA until their fortunes run out though.
Earlier in the season, when it became obvious that FSU would be staying in Tally in March, I placed some small Final 4 futures bets on Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas and Miami (not all together but hopefully 1 or 2 of them make it), but the odds of any juicy payday are looking even more iffy now with Alabama embroiled in its controversy and UT losing its starting PG.
At least I'll have a few teams to root for. March Madness without the Noles is a major crisis in my world.

I made a weird comparison to your very weird statement. All is good but I'm not sure us good guys are supposed to relish in the death of folks, justified or not. We do what we must when the time is called is all I'm trying to say.
I get it. I was raised in a law enforcement household and have experienced/encountered things that have hardened me more than others. Punishment is earned and there is not nor should be a punishment fit for all.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Interesting items for consideration:
The US has the second largest prison population in the world behind China. And not far behind.
32% of the US prison population is in private (for profit) prisons.
For every 8 people executed 1 has been exonerated.
Studies show the death penalty does not deter murder.

Interesting items for consideration:
The US has the second largest prison population in the world behind China. And not far behind.
32% of the US prison population is in private (for profit) prisons.
For every 8 people executed 1 has been exonerated.
Studies show the death penalty does not deter murder.
I'm pretty sure no one has killed another person after being executed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT